1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/3/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 2, 2022.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

if Bruno plays well, silas will find a reason. Bruno is there to make KPJ look good. for some reason Silas has no idea how to stagger KPJ/Bruno and Green/Sengun. After Bruno played well, Sengun Checked in, but KPJ was still running point knowing KPJ can't pass the ball to Sengun to save his life.

I dont understand why the offense doesn't switch to Jalen being the main ball handler when Sengun is the center and back to KPJ when Bruno is in.

2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure he said a lot of things on ESPN to get more air time but like I said, I don't think he's too far off on this.

I think if they can get a really good shooting 3 pt shooter at the SF position, it will open things up

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think he is letting them learn by their own dumb mistakes.

DD

PeterKingX likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

What’s bullshit is Silas can say he’s riding the “hot hand” except for the fact that he sits Alp, Jabari and Green at times when they’re hot.

He’s a clown. His fake ass “guard whisperer” bullshit needs to go. KPJ is a 6th man. Green, Bari and Alp are the future.
    The sooner Silas is gone the better this team will be for it

5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I like how you skipped over my reply about what vital means. Look it up it literally means important. I think youre the one who misunderstood.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If KPJ was a more efficient shooter you wouldn't hear a PEEP about him being a PG.

Harden wasn't one EVER but he scored and got to the line so much that people were ok with it......clearly KPJ is not Harden but Harden wasn't harden at 22 either...

DD

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  7. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we will actually get some more practice time and we seen how that paid off last 2 home games

don grahamleone and Reeko like this.
  8. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

I believe Sİlas is on a mission there, like he's been in KPJ's case: Take a flawed, broken person under his wings and make him better.
    Give me 10 min.s with him and even I could convince him to put me in the starting 5 with the Rockets if I cry hard enough or throw a fit.

clos4life likes this.
  9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

These arguments yall having don't seem genuine.. Seems forced.. lol

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. maypk

maypk Member

The way Bari and Sengun are utilized is just disgusting. Especially while our socalled "the best backcourt in the league" guards bricking shots like there's no tomorrow.

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Silas said he feel proud...

He possibly thinks he should be named Coach of Year....

DeBeards, Mr Woods, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Why didn’t Smith play more? Doesn’t seem like he was in foul trouble.

13. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

They already have one. His name is Job-ari. (Heh heh)

AlperenSengun likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Im not ignoring anything and I'm not distorting facts. But lmao its better than you didnt call me ignorant, Ill say that much.

aaquaa likes this.
  15. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

I read your posts; I wouldn't ever call you that.
    But somehow this makes your singling Sengun out for the team's bad defense even worse.

HP3 likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont single him out. He just plays a such an important position defensively. Like the guards....you can cover up their mistake(and they have been bad). But itss hard to cover up mistakes if your center is like that too. And Alp isnt that bad defensively, GS is just a really bad match up for centers like him. Same with Jokic, Embid or any drop big.

aaquaa and ThrillaNManilla like this.
  17. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

There’s no structure because the Rockets are playing without a real point guard. If they continue this next year they will forever be a lottery team.

Entropy, Joe Rocket and maypk like this.
  18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

No. Vital in the sense of what KPJ does and the other starters. I just think Bruno fits better with the starters. One thing Bruno does I see a lot of is talk on the floor, leading the defense. Little things like that are vital.

Green is IMPORTANT because I think he is what put the Rockets over the top. I think if he would've brought his "A" game today and the 1st game against Denver, we win.

So, as you can can see in this case Vital and Important are different.

#1178 hlmbasketball, Dec 3, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  19. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Makes you wonder how he got the Rocket's gig. Bring back Bill. Hell even Bull would be better.

aaquaa likes this.
  20. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

No, I don't agree to that. I agree that the starting 5 is very bad and the main reason is the 3 guards that can play no d, not Sengun who is actually the only bright spot along with Bari on that lineup and the guards don't provide much on offense lately either. I agree that Bruno plays much less with 3 guard line ups and that is the main reason those units perform better. I agree that to think that bruno with his 2 points and +6 today shows that he should play more is as crazy as thinking Mathews who was +9 should play more.

albuster and aaquaa like this.