1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Athletic: Bruno Fernando Will Start Over Sengun When He Returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sengun, Nov 11, 2022.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

KPJ only looks good when he does his PNR with Fernando, his defense was terrible and shooting

2. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

Which is why KPJ should be going to the bench running with Bruno and the second unit if we actually care about developing players the right way. Let KPJ learn how to consistently run a basic pick and roll with Bruno with the second unit.

Jalen, Alperen, and Jabari are the core - if they are allowed to grow together and play to each other's strengths, it would take the Rockets to a much higher level someday rather than just spamming ISOs and pick and rolls with KPJ.

aaquaa, cmoak1982, Easy and 7 others like this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I agree. I wish @Clutch did as well, because @Clutch is the most important/influential Rockets fan.

Personally, I would include Tari in that "core" as well.

#743 AroundTheWorld, Dec 3, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That first part is definitely true. Stephen Silas wants KPJ to be the Luka Doncic of his offense, and Bruno to be his Dwight Powell, and it is helpful for a guard simpleton like KPJ to have a Bruno so we can play JUCO ball. It is eerily similar to Steve/Cat/Cato.

This is not the direction we should be going, IMO.

One area of agreement we might find however is this: If we are going to play Sengun heavy minutes because we think he is that talented, maybe we should get him more touches? Not shots, touches. KPJ is a far superior off-ball player, after all. If we are going to play Alperen Sengun like he is Bruno Fernando, you might as well play Bruno Fernando, and pull the plug on Alperen Sengun entirely.

That, or you send Silas packing. I don't see how you can make everyone happy with the current setup.

hakeem94, aaquaa, theDude and 2 others like this.
  5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

If we had a 20-year-old Scola playing like Alperen Sengun is, I'd 100% have him in the core with Stacy.

hakeem94, aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

So what I posted was so moronic but my question is HOW? We ran pick & roll with Capela EVERY play and became the best offense ever. We became successful when we stopped posting up. This is a FACT. The Rockets now wanna play fast

7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

No Jalen Green is

8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The question will a 20yr Sengun ever become a 30+ Luis Scola

9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

No it had 2 do with the offensive philosophy of pick & roll, shooting 3's, similar to what Dallas did under Silas lol. CP3 & Harden weren't in Dallas and they also had one of the best offenses

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Has to be a reason for this irrational hate.
    Alp has definitely been with your girl

11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

We had the best offense ever because we had James Harden. Not because we ran pick and roll with Clint Capela, LOL.

(A Clint Capela that was obsolete in multiple series, btw, when the roller gets squashed in the playoffs)

12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

?

The question is, a sphincter says what?

D-rock and Ankara1923 like this.
  13. maypk

maypk Member

Goldfish memory, delusional kid.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  14. maj21

maj21 Member

He rim pressure does open things up, you can’t deny that. Team get open 3s on us a lot, and part of that is the 5 putting pressure on the rim

15. maypk

maypk Member

I can deny that and i already did. Bruno Fernando is the 3rd best center on this roster at best and he shouldn't even get Garuba's minutes let alone Sengun. Bruno Fernando was a 2-way player at age 24 for a reason and i'm pretty confident you'll see why sooner than later.

D-rock, Ankara1923 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. maj21

maj21 Member

I never said he was better than the other 2 lol. His rim pressure does help. It’s okay to give him credit lol

D-rock likes this.
  17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look guys - We are still developing players...as well as trying to win.

Playing Fernando helps our guards in P&R 101....

Again, Sengun will eventually have a bunch of offense run through him.

D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. maj21

maj21 Member

Wtf? So @Clutch can’t have his own opinion? That’s what you SOF annoy me with. Let people have their opinion on players and what they see in future. Y’all just want people to glorify Sengun 24/7. There’s a possibility he’s not on this team 2-3, that’s a fact. Doesn’t matter if we agree with that possibility or not

19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

P&R 101 is NOT what our guards should be working on. That comes easy and is what these guys have been doing their entire lives. It is quite honestly the only way they know how to play.

We are doing it because it is easy. Run to a spot and pick and roll over and over and over.

Easy, Ankara1923, subtomic and 2 others like this.
  20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Your comprehension skills seem to be lacking.

Can you point out where the post you're quoting said what you're claiming?

Or did it simply say he wishes Clutch thought the same as him?

Kind of a very weird outburst for something that didn't even happen the way you're saying.

At least complain about something that actually happens instead of making up scenarios in your head.

LeDakota and maypk like this.