1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Athletic: Bruno Fernando Will Start Over Sengun When He Returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sengun, Nov 11, 2022.

1. maj21

maj21 Member

I care about this team regardless of how they play. Once again, the difference between me and you lol

2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Lol. He's definitely a starting center given his ability to rim run and be a rim protector. Literally the modern day bigman

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Sorry you feel that way....but it sounds more like a you problem and
    not a me problem.

We'll see if Silas gets fired soon. We just beat a contender on their home court.

4. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Sengun -19
    Bruno +15

Silas won tonight

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Silas is not the coach of the future for this team. He’s a good tank commander

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He can not protect the rim. He gets abused at the rim more than anyone we have.
    His best asset on defense is a strong base in post up defense.

maypk likes this.
  7. maypk

maypk Member

You are just embarrasing yourself at this point. Without Sengun and Jabari's extreme efforts at 1st half, it was a blowout at halftime you delusional kid

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Let's just hope he finishes games with his atrocious defense

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Better defender than Bruno.
    Better with your girl than you.

Kids a winner and you’re a whiner.

diehardrockets likes this.
  10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Sengun was -19 tonight. Who's embarrassing themselves, me or you?

Bruno was a +15

11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

You're delusional lol. Like I said, remove the Sengun shrine from your mother's game room immediately

12. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

It's weird that you don't want the best for the team then.

13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Number 1 seed in the West Baby.....Suns.

I said before the season if Bruno stays healthy 10-10 in the first 20 games.
    But he hasn't been healthy.

14. maypk

maypk Member

And Sengun was -2 in 53 minutes in 2 games against Denver while Bruno was -11 in 13 minutes. LMFAO. If you go into that plus/minus stats, you sure will regret that.

LeDakota, RudyTBag and diehardrockets like this.
  15. Alpifan

Alpifan Member

Sengun is a talented player, Bruno can jump. The chemistry between Bruno and KPJ seemed better today than AL P & KPJ meanwhile AL P and Jalen have been playing well together. As Silas did today, I would try to stagger KPJ & Bruno and Jalen & AL P and try to benefit from both.
    Who would I start? I would start with AL P at least initially since we have seen his strong performance on a consistent basis. I don't think it is good for the team chemistry to plug Bruno right back in the starting line up when AL P played really well in the starting center role so far. Meanwhile, I would keep testing the efficiency and consistency of Bruno & KPJ duo both offensively and defensively. If Bruno and KPJ can show today's performance consistently, then there may be a case for Bruno starting as long as KPJ is the PG of the team
    Very happy for the W today. It's a good day for our community.

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Stop box score watching and watch the actual game.

+/- does not tell the whole story. Green was -8 and he led the comeback

17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I did watch the game and Bruno's defense & lob threat changed the complexity of the game. What did you see?

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

One thing which I noticed this game - every pass from KPJ to Bruno was on his chest as he was in traffic.

Every pass to Sengun bar I think one if I recall correctly - was a bounce pass.

Really peculiar.

19. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

When Sengun plays well we lose, when Bruno plays well the whole team looks better. That's all that says

20. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Some discussion on DBPM would be good. I read the whole page in basketball reference after your post. A few things I noticed:

- It is a rate stat, with Bruno's limited number of minutes it is not very meaningful
    - Dbpm is calculated as total bpm - offensive bpm, not very healthy
    - The assists are valued very high for centers and that results in a positive effect for dbpm: The regression coefficient for assists in bpm is .580 for guards and 1.034 for centers. For obpm the coefficient is .476 for both guards and centers. that means the difference which accounts for dbpm contribution for assists is 1.034-.476=.558 for centers compared to .580-.476=.14 for guards. This means making assists has a big contribution for centers on DPBM. And this year Bruno happened to have a great rate of assists on his limited minutes, about 2.5 times his usual performance!

If you don't follow the technical details, the basketball reference page states 'A center’s assists are usually very high value. In addition, post players that pass well are typically better defenders.'

I didn't figure out how the fives they play against effect the stat.

In general I wouldn't conclude anything from dbpm unless there is a huge difference anyway, especially for defense since it is a box-score stat that does not include correct positioning, forcing to a harder shot etc. But I could understand someone thinking that Bruno is a better defender. I would give a slight edge to Sengun and I don't think Bruno can sustain his performance if given more minutes.