1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2022 NBA Draft/1-29] TyTy Washington Jr., PG, Kentucky

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2022.

?

Do you like the selection of TyTy Washington?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2023.
  1. YES

94.8%
  2. NO

5.2%
  1. PeppermintCandy

For anyone interested, here's the recent RGV Vipers highlights.

Washington made a few good assists and a nice defensive stop.
    I like how quickly he comes to the right decision and makes crisp passes. He seems to have good PG instincts.

But besides the Harden impression, nothing too fancy or athletic from Washington.

DreamShook likes this.
  2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

20 points for 16 shots is a lot closer to good than inefficient like you said. You were wrong.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

its inefficient. there's nothing wrong about it. trying to spin it into closer to good means nothing. its a classic cf mental hoops attempt. it's still not good and for the g-league that much worse.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

G-league defense is so bad. Nobody cares about winning. Everybody tries to get good numbers to jump to the big league.

5. i3artow i3aller

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

My boy TyTy...the PG we need.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

TyTy be hooping but it looks like he is paying in mud. He is going so slow and everyone is just falling around him. lol

I've seen enough. TyTy deserves all Twix minutes

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Get Cassius Stanley up here. I just want to see him have a dunk-off with Jalen. lol.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Two great games. I know it's not a great league, but you want your guy to easily do well in the G League. It's better than them not dominating down there.

Really good for getting in better game shape too. Must be getting some good coaching on being an NBA PG and running our offense.

I can see him being a really stabilizing PG off the bench. Remains underrated in my eyes. Could be a top 10 player from his draft class.

10. PeppermintCandy

That opposing team was pretty bad. As the commentator said, "Any time you're making as many three's as the other team is attempting, you're in pretty good shape." LOL.

But man, Washington looks really good. Even after a few games, he's already looking faster and more fluid, and he's showing off a variety of offensive moves.

The reports were that his ankle injury at the beginning of the year was hampering him, but he's looking like he's pretty much over it.

If he keeps this up, he might be another steal of the draft for the Rockets.

#430 PeppermintCandy, Nov 27, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Once KPJ is gone or moved to the 2 spot, this guy will be taking over as our future PG.

12. TimDuncanDonaut

Was listening to Tyty, but looking at the reporter...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

TyTy has really looked good during his Vipers stint. I get that the org doesn’t think it needs to rush TyTy into the rockets rotation, and I’m sure the G-league has been good for him - he’ll have more confidence coming off of his g-league success. But I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do running the floor for the rockets. We need to take this tank year to see what we have with TyTy. So hopefully they don’t wait too long to insert him into the rotation.

Easy, clutchdabear and Mathloom like this.
  14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

When evaluating g-league numbers, neither raw nor advanced stats mean much. The only key thing is whether a player is working on the skillsets that the organization asked them to work on, or whether a g-league player is working on skills that make them useful to an NBA team.

As an example, Nix put up significantly better numbers than Alex Caruso in the g-league, but Alex Caruso is the one that gets consistent playing time on winning teams. In fact, Nix also put up significantly better numbers than Capela did in the g-league, but Capela is the one that made himself immediately useful after a year in the g-league. Both Caruso and Capela worked on tools that make them useful to the stars on the team, like hustling, defense and positioning (something that Nix clearly lacks unfortunately).

As long as Tyty is working on things that the organization asks him to work on, I have no doubt he'll be on this roster before long.

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

16. i3artow i3aller

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

We need to bring up tyty halfway into the season to see what he's got.

If we whiff on wemby and tyty shows his talent as a pg, do we need to draft scoot?

I want us to do due diligence, bc we really need a point guard.

18. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Play tyty, he’s 10x better than Nix

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. i3artow i3aller

Scoot Henderson could very well end up being a better player than both Green & Jabari so yeauh you def draft him even if TyTy shows up and shows out.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Hmm didn't think of it that way. Didn't know scoot Henderson had that much potential, to b even better than both Smith and Green, that's scary.

i3artow i3aller likes this.