1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tari Eason’s mom questioning the coaching?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Nov 29, 2022.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

2. VoR

VoR Member

Does Joker really say, “I don’t think he’s really that good, I think?”

BallSoHarden likes this.
  3. VoR

VoR Member

It’s obvious we are playing for one more development year. Relax and enjoy your paychecks, momma. Tari is going to be a star in the league. We are playing to get some trades in and hope for another top 5 pick. Winning starts next season. You want your boy to have a true point guard to dish to him, no?

Gnimoay likes this.
  4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I love her. She’s obnoxious as hell but you can tell she’d be fun to watch a game with. You can also tell that she’d whip that ass if you got out of line! Yes ma’am, no ma’am, the whole thing. You better behave!

For what it’s worth, I watched a game with Kenyon Martin Jr.’s grandma once. I sat right next to her from start to finish. This was probably before he was born. Anyway, she was the same way. Probably the most fun I’ve ever had at a basketball game. She loved her son! That woman was intense.

#64 Hank McDowell, Nov 29, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    aaquaa, Rokman, joshuaao and 7 others like this.
  5. Xopher

Xopher Member

That would be hilarious. Every time Tari misses a layup she would be hitting him with her shoe.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Love this. I think often how is Silas a head coach getting paid ridiculous money when I come up with more innovative ideas at my store and for my company during morning coffee.

7. Xopher

Xopher Member

She doesn't seem like a "soccer mom" type parent. She is always supporting Tari, but she is also the first one to get in his ass when he is screwing up.

aaquaa and rockets1995 like this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The main reason is Why is Eric Gordon a 6'3 Veteran Starting as a Small Forward.

Eric Gordon needs to be traded to Milwaukee, Khris Middleton I believe is still injured. Extra shooter for Milwaukee.

Tari Eason should be Starting and KJ needs to be asked if he is serious about leaving and trade him if he wants out.

Tari Size and Wingspan, lateral defense is needed in the Starting Lineup.

aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

During the scuffle against the Hawks Dejounte and Trae.

KJ didn't want to defend or protect Jalen Green or Jabari Smith. KJ I am disappointed with, I thought he can Protect. Instead he is mentally checked out on this team.

Look closely at KJ Martin

comrade likes this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's hard to judge a player based on a scuffle that isn't even worth fighting over. U get suspended + lose money, u hurt someone on accident.

The smart thing to do is to deesclate the situation or avoid it all together. This ride and die mentality is what led to malice in the palace.

Would I b disappointed if my teammates didn't back me up, sure. I'm just don't think it's right to judge kj Martin character based on this incident.

Like if green or Smith was getting wailed on, then yea kj ain't a good teammare, but this was nothing.
    If anything I would praise kj Martin for being level headed.

Bo6, aaquaa and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

This is what I came here to find out, no one has quoted the beginning of what he said, the second part of what he said has been making the rounds here , but the first part sounded like an insult. It sounded like he laughed and said "I dont think hes that good, I think."

12. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Our guards turn the ball over way too much.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  13. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

It sounds like he says "I didn't know he was that good"

aaquaa, BallSoHarden and Joe Rocket like this.
  14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

The fact that even she notices and its not about her son specifically speaks VOLUMES. Im sick of this. I am tired of SIlas.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. keeez

keeez Member

He responded "I don't know if that's a good thing" when being told Alpy models his game after his. Just dry Serb humor.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Correct, that's what he said. It was a small self-deprecating joke.

harold bingo likes this.
  17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Rockets lead the league in helicopter parents

RichieBanks223 likes this.
  18. iambeyonce

iambeyonce Member

Here is the English-subtitled version.

VoR and BallSoHarden like this.
  19. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

If you marry her we can add Tari's dad to the list of people complaining about Silas. Do it for us man. Do it for us.

aaquaa and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He's just being modest. He said "I don't know if that's a good thing" which is like saying "am I really so good that someone should model their game around mine?"

He's that type of guy from the interviews I've seen, rarely praising himself, doesn't like to promote himself.

BallSoHarden and aaquaa like this.