1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

?

What is your favourite Hollinsism?

1. That's the sauce baby

17.6%
  2. GOON SQUAD

39.2%
  3. I see you young fella

19.6%
  4. I played with Player X at Team X

13.7%
  5. Other (please post it)

9.8%
  1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Bring back Calvin.

BHannes2BHonest, Deckard and hakeem94 like this.
  2. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

It’s a tough call between a team having an average roster age under 25 being a commitment to diversity, and athletes are athletic! And that’s from just the past 24 hours :eek:

3. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Stop it, Jalen Green! Don't do em like that!

Also, automatic questioning of calls and no-calls without actually pointing anything out. It's OK, Mama Ryan, we know the refs don't love the Rox the way they should.

4. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Ryan Hollings is the reason why I prefer to watch other team's broadcast in League pass.
    I am amazed how the org hasn't changed him after one season.

Annoying as hell!

I guess "this is what this organization does" (just to quote one of his annoying trademark quotes) - which is keeping subpar profissionals secure in their jobs.

amaru and Risingred like this.
  5. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Also I am amazed how "this is what he does" is not on the vote poll.
    He uses it like a normal person uses comma in a sentence.

WestendMassive likes this.
  6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I do too. All these haters should spend a few games listening to the opponent's team and see how much ****ing worse they are tbh. I actually really like our announce team, annoys me when I can't find a feed with them and get forced to listen to the other side. Bucks announcers nearly put me into a coma.

7. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Agreed, I like that he actually has decent understanding of basketball, and sometimes shares it. Sticking to that more would be good,

don grahamleone and Zen Tabak like this.
  8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Did he really just suggest that Curry is loved all around the NBA by every opposing team, on a rockets broadcast?

I do not dislike him, but this is stuff that annoys me. Know the history of the team you are working for. Most Rockets fan hate Curry.

napalm06, Deckard and don grahamleone like this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Calvin’s only 74, and would be a huge upgrade over Hollins (so would the chick that cuts my hair), but someone younger who’s definitely associated with the Rockets? A former player who is the owner of an iconic moment during our incredible 1995 championship run? The one, the only “Kiss of Death,” and the cat @Clutch is obsessed with, Mario Elie.

Perfect sidekick for Craig. Bury Hollins in the organization somewhere until his contract expires. That’s assuming Mario would be interested. Just a guess, but he might.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

[excited raised voice for no reason]

He tries. He doesn't have the right ties to the team or area (yet?) to be the passion to be real. I can't hate him. Can't love him. Fake passion is awkward.

11. Rockets4Life13

I enjoy when he talks about our every player on the team playing "extremely well this season" while we're 5-15 or something like that

napalm06 likes this.
  12. Rockets4Life13

I don't hate Hollins but I'm kinda disappointed we didn't get Jim Jackson because he was available at the same time. Jim Jackson is probably my favorite commentator.