1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 11/28/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I agree that Jokic' style is the best: Less is more.Minimalist perfection.
    For Alpi being a poor man's Jokic? Objection. I guess he is more than that . Sure, not in Jokic level but has potential. I would use "a poor man's Jokic" metaphor if I believed that he would never be at that level. But the boy promising, might surprise lots of people.Compare the last year encounter to this year.

aaquaa likes this.
  2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Climate is once again ignored

[​IMG]

hakeem94, DeBeards and Ankara1923 like this.
  3. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

As your unchanged Avatar :)

Salvy and hakeem94 like this.
  4. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

https://twitter.com/msinger

This guy is the source. You should ask him for the video.

hakeem94 and Ankara1923 like this.
  5. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Went to the game tonight. First time seeing this group of players. Haven't had the chance to go to a game since the Harden era. They're young & sloppy. So many little things that need to be cleaned up. But there is some real talent. Seeing Jalen in person...dude is just special. He didnt have an amazing game but he flashed several times. We sorely lack rim protection. Murray had a night because he just waltzed to the rim without much resistance all night. Sengun held his own down low with Jokic early, but got eaten up in the 2nd half. Coaching seems to be lacking. Denver's offense has a natural flow to it that I just don't see with us. Halftime adjustments were a big part of the outcome tonight. You can tell Malone & his staff went into halftime & forged a plan. We came out flat. I went into the game expecting a loss. They played better than expected for a little over a half. Overall a good experience.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When Jokic has the ball and your C has to stick to him, there isn't going to be a whole lot of rim protection because the offense/defense is inversed.

Stephen Silas should take notes.

aaquaa, cmoak1982, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  7. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

True. It was evident through the whole game though, even when Jokic sat & DJ was in the game. But agreed that Silas should take some notes on how Denver runs through the 5. Sengun's development of an outside shot will help a lot too, being able to pull their 5 away from the basket. That's one thing Jokic has in his arsenal right now that Sengun doesn't.

aaquaa, RudyTBag, jdjd and 4 others like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

To be fair to Silas...there's like less than 10 low post players in the league now and like 3 that could have an offense run through them. Those three are Embiid, Jokic, and ummm...Sengun. The league sure has changed. I think most coaches would be a little confused as to what to do with a player that can post up and create from that position.

I do think they have been running more and more offense through Sengun, last year this time it wasn't even an idea but this year this time we're getting stretches of games where you can see they try to really work through Sengun. He just has to learn to stay on the court (tonight was some BS from the refs though) and the coach has to learn to TRUST him.

aaquaa, cmoak1982 and LeDakota like this.
  9. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Jokic: "lol you dumb bro play segun more sifilas."

aaquaa, ExTxGS, clutchdabear and 5 others like this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

We (those with a brain) didn't really need further evidence.

Some do though. Maybe now it comes from the 2 time reigning MVP they might start opening their eyes.

11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Shhh. We're in the era of the truth doesn't matter.

What matters is what's spoken into existence.

12. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Nah. Jokic was like, “you look like you don’t like horses, Silas. I don’t like you and a horse could coach better than you. Give more minutes to Alpi. He a horse person like Dothraki.”

aaquaa, hakeem94 and Ankara1923 like this.
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

Solid first half! Sengun starting was nice to see and he gave everyone the business, did you see him trying to dunk it over Gordon? He doesn't care he's smaller! Jabari, KPJ & Green had their moments too. Gordon made his threes and good to see Bruno healthy. As far as our defense, these young guys making so many mistakes, there's not really a critique of the system possible. The amount of times we just randomly double team someone and leave 3pt shooters open is a head scratcher.

We're probably just undisciplined, because I did not see us consistently double-team Jokic for example, just willy-nilly any random guy. Our perimeter defense needs to improve a ton and it starts with effort. And not to blame this on Gordon, but when you see your only veteran in the game not working his butt off and pouting when the youngins make a mistake, what can we honestly expect?

On offense it was sad to see very few plays, especially when Sengun had the ball in his hands. I remember a play in the 2nd half where KPJ couldn't get open, Green couldn't, the other 2 on the court didn't try to get them open so Sengun was waiting, moving to different spots to create something, but it seems obvious the instructions do not extend beyond giving the ball to Green or KPJ...

As far as no young guys at the end, seriously going to moan about that? That was actually smart, we have one more game at high altitude as has been pointed out and rather not risk anything and try to get that game. This game was just never in our control, save the first few minutes. I cannot really be down about this too much, this is 2nd team in the West who are still looking to find their stride, so they can be best in the West when that happens. Still, there are things that our coaches can take care of right now or should've by now.

Crutch City, aaquaa and cmoak1982 like this.
  14. iambeyonce

iambeyonce Member

15. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Tfor3, aaquaa and LeDakota like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they have the same agent representing them...i was told..of course hes gonna say that...
    now i want to know who is the agent representing silas and what favors behind the scene need be done in order for sifilas to begin giving alpi a fair treatment

LeDakota likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOLOLOL stop the god bless excuses for this muchacho muy incompetente!

any of the random insightful guys from these boards could run an offense tru sengun or jokic

for gods sake he played sengun 6 or 12 minutes for the half of the nights last season! lolol

Ankara1923 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i love how mc bride as a true 3pt culter, in the age of 3pt worshiping conveniently left out his part
    "Because sometimes they seem too stagnant as a team when they focus too much on three-pointers."
    Çünkü bazen takım olarak fazla durağan görünüyorlar, çok fazla üçlük atmaya odaklandıklarında.

#1018 hakeem94, Nov 29, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    aaquaa and LeDakota like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

bro do you even ball? go get some reall bb insight youre being brainwashed

sengun doesnt need 3pt shot and he still cant be left open on 3 pt line... he has too good of handles and in 2 dribbles hes at the rim if you sag off of him...

heres a sample of such occurances and theres plenty of the examples in every highlight of sengun.... most of the times, when he doesnt shoot a 3pt, it results in him finishing at the rim or drawing fouls

3pt shot is a must just for people who are poor slashers or poor bb players in general

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    @Ankara1923
    @LeDakota
    @aaquaa
    @DreamShook
    @PeterKingX
    @AroundTheWorld
    @J.R.
    @tinman
    @harold bingo

Tfor3, aaquaa, LeDakota and 1 other person like this.
  20. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I communicated with Zelimir this morning whether he needs any technical/financial help. He thanked and said no, indicating he is going to make videos ias long as he has spare time. Nice guy.

aaquaa and LeDakota like this.