1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's the owner, stupid

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Sep 26, 2022.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I'll give Nick credit where it's due( cant believe i typed this) . He's brought in bargain basement competition at the skill levels over the years. Which is fine when you're rebuilding or whatever the hell they're calling it.. As the team accumulates "talent", that's when the real Caserio will rear its head. He's got time on his side because the expectations of competence is extremely low , as it should be..

As for Cal, ............ He ain't even a factor regarding football decisions.. He's literally here to cut the check . He's busy trying to make himself respected to everyone outside his driveway... Tall task but he trying. So Imo, you can't blame a guy that doesn't know that he doesn't know!.. He's a forced into action business man , nothing more ..

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Cal is very much a factor: he signed off on promoting BOB to GM & BOB's two disastrous trades and multiple free agent signings; handed the keys to his franchise over to Easterby; hiried Culley & Lovie...

He's a mediocre person who settle for mediocrity.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm guessing very little.

Nook likes this.
  4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I dont think there is much dirt on Tommy Boy other than just career negligence. What will they find out that he prefers the yellow starburst over the pink one? I think the skeletons of the team died with his dad.

Nook, Rudyc281 and gucci888 like this.
  6. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Dave McKenna used to write the sports column for the Washington City Paper (the free independent weekly) back in the '90's and WENT TO TOWN on Snyder on the regular. It was bad enough that Snyder eventually sued both McKenna and the Paper. He lost.

This is a compilation of stories McKenna wrote covering the breadth of Snyder's scumbaggery. He's truly an awful human being and unquestionably one of the worst owners in all of professional sports. Every time I think about how bad Cal is, I remember it could be SO much worse.

https://washingtoncitypaper.com/article/221900/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder/

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  7. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Dude is dead and **** him.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He probably liked Dave Mirra BMX over Tony Hawk.

9. raining threes

The McNair's have always hired the HC's

IBTL likes this.
  10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I'm just gong to casually remind everyone that, yes: Nick *is* an abject moron, the latest in a looooooooooong line of morons hired by the Texans.

But... it doesn't matter because as long as the fail-son owns the team, nothing is going to change. He will continue to surround himself with morons. It's all he knows.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yep. And NFL GM's don't get 5 year rebuild plans that head towards nowhere.

Casserio is 2 years in and the team is worse... the coaching hires are laughable... and the brand has deteriorated to the point that absolutely no high prized FA or draft pick would be expected to just bend over backwards to be here.

This is the sort of situation that agents clearly see and they steer their clients towards other places or demand the team doesn't draft them.

12. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Who has minority ownership stakes in the Texans? Perhaps one of them will put up some money and make an offer the McNairs can’t refuse.

kdchilds likes this.
  13. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

If and and when the Texans sell the owner of the Tennessee Titans should do a ownership swap and rebrand the team the Oilers :D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

IBTL likes this.
  14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

has op been on pills this last 20 years?
    [​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I blame boselli bum shoulder.

No I mean casserly and making picks when he won't be gm.

No wait I was talking about capers and r2p2 (run run pass punt)

Actually I meant conserviak.

Scratch that it's all on rick smif.

If could just get rid of obrien it would all be better.

What I was really trying to say is that easterby is the devil and he's gotta go!

Damn patriots south and caserio!!

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  16. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Cal McNair is not the owner. His mom is....

tamericus and raining threes like this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Well, you might as well find a new team. McNairs are not selling anytime soon.

raining threes likes this.
  18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yup nuclear winter

raining threes likes this.
  19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This thread hits really close to home for me. I'm just now seeing it because well.....let's just say I don't really care about the Texans as much as I used to and haven't visited this section in quite a while...

I used to be right there with Hey Now! constantly defending this franchise and accusing everyone here of overreacting to every single loss.

I think the turning point for me was after BoB was fired. That was when they could have hired some young diamond in the rough to come in here and change the entire culture of the organization while getting the fanbase excited again and making their star QB happy. What did they do? They hired.....David Culley..... That's when I was pretty much done as a fan.

Also, someone here posted a podcast with Arian Foster and Andre Johnson a few years ago and they were just hammering the entire operation of the franchise and kept saying how the fans of Houston deserve so much better. It was very eye-opening to me to hear a couple of former players saying that instead of a bunch of guys on an internet forum.

So yeah....this team isn't going ANYWHERE until there is a change in ownership. I used to poke fun at people here who always said that, thinking it was complete hyperbole. Now I know it's not hyperbole...it's just a straight fact.

So now the Texans are basically just comic relief for me. The not-so-loveable losers. Kind of like the Hugh Campbell Oilers.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Then why is Andre always playing buddy buddy Cal?? And becoming a Texan merchandise model ( red jacket for battle red day)??

And why was Arian with Andre at the Texan game then??