1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 4: The Green Revolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022.

?

How many wins will Jalen lead us to?

1. 20-29 wins

125 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 30-39 wins

61 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 40-49 wins

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 50-59 wins

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

yall he really gonna be a more efficient Kobe. we are blessed so be thankful

Mathloom likes this.
  2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's really looking good, especially the passing. The offense really flows well when it goes through him and he's looking to set guys up. I was hoping for 20/4/4 this year and he's outperforming that, even with a bad stretch or two. One thing that will take him to the next level as a scorer is to learn the "tricks" to get the refs to call his fouls. He has contact on a lot of his drives, I want to see him go through it more and make it more obvious that he's being fouled so the refs will hopefully start to give him respect.

Richie_Rich and Mathloom like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's also doing that with one of the toughest schedules in the league played so far. Given that Green just looks more loose and confident when he's playing teams that have mostly his age group(other rebuilding teams), I expect his numbers to gradually increase as the season moves along.

BigMaloe, cbass, Richie_Rich and 4 others like this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

After this 4 game trip, we will start winning inconsistently. Expect this season to heat up gradually with one slump in February and a major upswing in March.

They're a bunch of 20 yr olds and anything they do other than lose and develop slowly is a bonus. Having said that, I'm expecting a lot of bonuses because they have a heart and passion on and off the court that is unusual for rebuilding teams (look at OKC, Magic, Pistons). This core is special, it's really giving me dynasty vibes.

5. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agree, after a few years of seasoning would love to see Green at the 2, Jabari moved to the 3, Sengun at the 4, and insert big who can defend and shoot 3's, along with a PG whose first priority is to facilitate (no reason this couldn't be KPJ btw, just not him right now). That my friends is a squad that IMHO can compete for a title and we are more than half way there! Can you tell that I'm really excited about this rebuild... :D

Y2JT, AlperenSengun and Mathloom like this.
  6. MystikArkitect

Shai and Green aren't in the same stratosphere athletically. Jalen can do things physically that Shai never will. Just look at some of the stuff from yesterday. For those reasons alone Shai can't reach the same level that Green can.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  7. RocketsDraftTV

still too overrated, we were spoiled with harden

jalen green is closer to kevin martin than he is too a star player

here are the two players clutchfans goes gogogaga over

ortg/drtg/net

Sengun

rockets: 108.7 / 114.2 / -5.5
    sengun on: 112.3 / 117.9 / -5.6
    sengun off: 103.5 / 108.8 / -5.3

so far, basically a net neutral player for the team whether he's on or off the court. whatever he gives you on offense is negated by his poor defense.

jalen green is another matter:

green on: 107.3 / 116.1 / -8.8
    green off: 108.4 / 105.3 / +3.0

so the team is +11.8 better when green sits.

i don't know how to do on/off splits between sengun and green tho.

8. xaos

xaos Member

Lmfao Kevin Martin

9. NewAge

NewAge Member

Aren’t you a Mr. Sunshine!? We’re on a winning streak, SenGreen looked great. Let’s enjoy.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Da disrespect, first he was liken to corey brewer, now kevin martin.

Just keep watching cause Green gonna make u anti greenie eat crow.

Dobbizzle and Ancient Moabite like this.
  11. RocketsDraftTV

how far have we fallen as a franchise when we are by far the worst team in the league, and are jumping up celebrating because we won 2 games in a row. damn

here is our reality

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2023-nba-predictions/

12. Ancient Moabite

I would imagine other youngsters like Booker/Ayton and others were a negative first few or so yrs and their fan base was still gogogaga over their cornerstone pieces regardless how bad they were before getting CP3

Too bad Harden didn't spoil the Nets or with his present squad

Well he has spoiled them(more so former team), in a milk type fashion that you throw away immediately

13. Ancient Moabite

Sometimes rebuilds are painful and when your so called franchise superstar player throws in the towel and wants out, ish like this happens

Go ask the Cavs base how they felt when Bron left first time around, They got like 3 number one picks or something like that

O-dawg likes this.
  14. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think anyone is celebrating, just enjoying the wins and highlighting the positives. With a young and rebuilding team there are obvious negatives, but I'm looking for progress and proof of development. I see that with Jalen. Have seen it with Jabari of late, Sengun, Tari, KMJ... the Rockets core are nowhere near their best NBA selves right now but I can see improvement and feel there is definitely more to come... Kevin Martin though??? o_O

larsv8 and Ancient Moabite like this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What's your og account?

Your posting style isn't sustainable so I assume this is an alt account.

16. RocketsDraftTV

cp3 hitched his wagon to the suns that were already on their way up during the bubble and the leadership of monty williams, they went undefeated in the bubble and missed the playoffs to the blazers by a half game. DeAndre Ayton couldnt wait to get away from cp3 and now jae crowder wants out too. Too much of a common theme of players not liking playing with cp3

17. RocketsDraftTV

jalen green is one of the worst players according to pretty much any advanced metric you can find, but i guess because he dunks and is athletic that makes up for actual skill. Give me luka/harden over a guy with the potential like derrick rose/ja morant anyday. These athletic guys have terrible cliffs early in there careers and always injury prone. Morant already missing games and his team didnt miss a beat last year without him

Rinaldi likes this.
  18. Ancient Moabite

CP3 catapulted them to being a 60 win team and contender

Those games in the bubble wouldn't have carried over to them winning big and making Finals trip had they not traded for CP3

Ayton got into with the coach and wanted out and Crowder wants to get paid but they got 3 major deals on lock so he is the odd man out

And everybody probably wants to leave that org. especially with the Sarver story coming out

Mostly all players can't stand each other and only tolerate it because of winning games / titles which goes back to at least the Shaq/Kobe era

Everything eventually runs its course and players want out

Just go ask Harden

19. RocketsDraftTV

laughable i would argue rockets fans threw in the towel on harden long before harden ever did on this team. This website in particular even after wins harden would get drilled about his defense. A clutchfans poster even made a highlight of his bad defense from this very website and actaully poseted it youtube which the nba media used to discredit harden even after he improved his defense the next season.. A dallas/denver fan could easily do that for luka/jokci but they arent dumb like most rockets fans smh. Now we are irrelevant because we never appreciated what we had in harden. Most of yall expected harden to be perfect every playoff game. When he tried his best againist teams that usually were better coached and had way more talent than the rockets. Hell we had more warriors fans on this site during those rockets/warriors playoff battles than we ever had on hardens side.

But im not gonna sit here and pretend that jalen green has shown anything close to being a star. Bradley Beal is his ceiling, and thats if he starts taking the game seriously instead painting his nails like girl or messing with his hair. Focus on basketball

20. RocketsDraftTV

The suns had already figured out how to win, during the bubble. They should have been a playoff team in 2020 and were going to be a playoff team with or without cp3 the following year