1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Sep 26, 2022.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

SMH

Fulgore likes this.
  2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Agree. Sometimes I wonder do they think before they post.

#982 hlmbasketball, Nov 27, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Fantasma Negro

**** no! This is a rebuild not a tear down. If this team doesn't have at least moderate success on the field next season Tommy Boy is cleaning house. As a billionaire he's not going to continue to pay gameday personnel and expenses for an empty building on gameday especially next season when Dre goes into the hall, they have to drastically improve the performance on the field next season. Why tank for another year when the first pick isn't guaranteed?

The Texans will have decent cap space next season but the season after they'll have an assload of cap space, so they can offer multiple backloaded deals to free agents to bolster the roster, they should sign Jimmy G, Jesse Bates, trade for Brian Burns, then load up in the draft hopefully with Jalen Carter and Jaxon Smith-Njigba in the first round, Jack Campbell in the second and let's go win some ****ing games!

conquistador#11 and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And we should fire Lovie this year and get Demeco!!

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  6. Fantasma Negro

With Joe Brady as OC
    [​IMG]

#986 Fantasma Negro, Nov 27, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Draft Young and build from there. And add to the interior offense and defense lines

8. Qan

Qan Member

Tank for Caleb next year.

DasouthDakota likes this.
  9. conquistador#11

There is no way Jimmy G would associate with Cal' sh** show. His brand is being the most handsome and dating alternative starlets and you can't do that in all this ugliness. God don't like ugly. The only way out of this mess is drafting your qb or go get another Tyrod Bridgeqb.
    Daniel jones will be available/ Brissett

DasouthDakota likes this.
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Presuming the Texans have the number one pick and they want two 1st round picks this year. There are 3 teams with mulitple 1sts: Philadelphia, Detroit, and Seattle. I would assume that only a team that needs a qb would trade up. That leaves Detroit and Seattle. Detroit will probably have the 2 best with their own and the Rams pick. Seattle has their own and Denvers pick. Would either team trade up to no. 1? Is that enough from either team for the Texans to bite?

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The Texans already have 2 first round picks and they may end up being the best 2.

Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  12. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

After picking Bryce w/the #1 overall, the Texans got to trade that 2nd #1 and pickup an extra #2 or #3 pick. And with Metchie coming back, if they can trade Cooks for a additional #3 or #4 pick, they will have several picks in the middle rounds to fill the interior lines and add to the defense.

In rnd 1, I think there are two true stars at their positions; Quenton Johnston and Bijan Robinson. I would love Johnston but he may be gone with the 2nd #1 pick. So I would trade down to get extra picks and target Robinson.

Nothing better would help Bryce Young than a running game and with Robinson and Pierce in the backfield or a true #1 WR, like Johnston..

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's too little. I'd rather have Stroud or the best defensive player available at #1.

El_Conquistador likes this.
  14. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

You’d rather have a qb that plays worse under pressure and isn’t very mobile?

cbass, whag00 and hlmbasketball like this.
  15. showa13

showa13 Member

With the college football season wrapping up and the Texans an unmitigated disaster, I have a hard time seeing the Texans not with the 1st pick. I don’t see how it’s not going to be Bryce Young either.

Wish Caleb came out this year, but none of the other QBs coming out this year have been impressive other than Bryce.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

CJ showed on yesterday what he has to offer. Not saying he's bad, he just doesn't have that "IT" factor.

Two Sandwiches and Omihall23 like this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, so if Stroud isn't good enough maybe I'd rather just load up the defense and go for a QB next year. I just don't want a tiny little guy as QB in the big league. We definitely have gaping holes everywhere from our offensive line, defense, wide receivers and QB.

No Worries likes this.
  18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol at anyone wanting Stroud. Another bust

Qan likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member