1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Early 2023 Big Board/Prospect Talk

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Sen89, Jun 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Anthony Black looking like I thought he'd look like before the season (or even better) recently, after playing too unselfishly to start the year. I honestly like him as much as anyone outside of the Top-2 (and Whitmore for now since he's still out).

Agree 100%. He looked a little like Lonzo at times in HS, not attacking defenders or changing direction well with the ball (not a diss on Lonzo, who's obviously a solid PG, but those aren't his strong suits). Black looks like's put on weight too, defenders are bouncing off him, and his ability to get where he wants when aggressive has been impressive.

Don't want to jinx it but he might be the perfect PG for this team

fattz, Corrosion and RedIsen like this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If you really want to try and emulate the warriors brandon miller is verrrrry interesting. Jabari/Miller/Green with Eason and Sengun sounds incredibly hard to guard. I dont know if that works as a starting 5 though. You may need to have Eason off the bench or Sengun. If Sengun started and you have a passing guard KPJ and Eason would be pretty ridiculous as the 2 man bench players.

3. i3artow i3aller

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

30 minutes of Scoot!

King1 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  5. i3artow i3aller

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

he is playing against jabari and scoring on him starting at the 7:00 mark!

7. i3artow i3aller

8. i3artow i3aller

9. i3artow i3aller

10. i3artow i3aller

11. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Disappointment strikes and you're picking #3. Are you taking Amen Thompson or Brandon Miller?

I picked these two because Amen has been sitting at that spot on most boards while Brandon Miller's hot start has pushed his name up boards. That being said, things do change. GG Jackson could rise. Nick Smith Jr and Dariq Whitehead are returning from injury. Cam Whitmore hasn't even played yet.

My thoughts on Miller:

~6'8 with deep range. Deadly shooter. Crashes the glass. Moves the ball. Defense looks sound and he has some positional versatility there. Handles = looks like he can get to spots, but it's not enough to break people down or get to the rim consistently. Not sure if he can punish switches on the perimeter. Athleticism is more smooth than explosive. Weak finisher. Jumper and floater reliant. His profile kinda reminds me of another recent #3 pick..

I think i'd still gamble on Amen Thompson..and I'm usually on the side of skills over tools/athleticism. Amen could just be a bigger Tony Wroten when its all said and done, but I think he's different from other "run and jump" prospects in that he seems to have natural feel and understanding of the game. When you watch him play the upside just pops.

12. i3artow i3aller

13. MystikArkitect

Black pops. Dude was just making plays for that team and won't surprise me if he ends up looking better than Smith.

The Alabama kid looks terrible. Was supposedly a Top 10 pick but doesn't even look like a first rounder to me.

fattz likes this.
  14. i3artow i3aller

15. i3artow i3aller

16. Buck Turgidson

As a big guy, Filipowski at Duke has some potential. Can handle the ball, pass, shoot...and is athletic enough.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  17. i3artow i3aller

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I always wonder if teams with multiple stars or play "overly-team ball" disguise how good individual players are to an extent. I was hoping Nick would have a great season this year and hide Anthony Black's abilities a bit in case Black fell and we didn't get a top-2 pick. There are a lot of good prospects at the top of the draft this year, but as usual, some of them are going to be duds. I'm just hoping we end up in the top 4 or 5.

fattz and i3artow i3aller like this.
  20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Ok, it's SUPER early to say this, but of all the players who might go top 5, Brandon Miller is NOT the one for us.

Too much replication of Jabari. It would give us two forwards who have largely overlapping skillsets, and need development in similar areas. Of course, this could change as the season goes on