1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 11/26/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 26, 2022.

1. TimDuncanDonaut

Sengun and JGreen's highlights are on [NBA on ESPN] officially.

2. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Alp got up on that last block. His athleticism is super underrated here

Green has rockets for legs.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

The young guns are showing improvement!

5. WestendMassive

I love that we are slowly assimilating more post ups into our offense, seemingly whether Silas wants to or not. I feel like advanced stats have decided that because post up shots aren't as efficient as other shots, then posting up isn't an efficient play. Which seems logical, but doesn't take into account how deadly a good passer can be in the high or the low post. There's easy money there, particularly if you have a player that can break the defense or attract a double like Sengun can.

Sengun has shown again and again that he'll see you if you get open, it's good to see the guards are learning how they can get easy buckets from trusting him.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Evergreen post

Rockets won easily and actually looked like a real NBA team , but u mad that "Bari" only had 11 shots - never woulda guessed!

Folks - that'll be 10 cents, you just saw @DreamShook Pony's one trick.

He'll be doing it again in the parking lot of the Academy off 290 on Monday as long as Jabari Smith Junior only attempts less than 97 field goals.

Good win for the Rockets - good ball movement - it doesn't matter thst your favorite player "only" took 11 shots.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Porter needs to start coming off the bench.

I'm not really down on him, but he's clearly a natural scoring guard. He needs to be in a position where he can do more of that, and less of what he's not good at which is making decisions as the main facilitator.

Now that Green is developing his playmaking skills he needs a simple PG who can do basic PG stuff well.

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Thanks for Sengun OKC!

9. WestendMassive

Silas watched that game from Sengun and in his head he's still: "yeah I would have benched Alpi down the stretch if it was close."

Get this man away from the Rockets already!!

10. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

A lot of the defensive mistakes our guards make, would warrant immediate time-out or benching of the player on other teams. They get completely lost so often. But it is Sengun who gets the 'defensive liability' treatment from Silas, while being the only player who can slow the game down and use his brain on offense in clutch time.

11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Jalen Green somehow didn’t get to the line tonight despite taking 19 shots in 34 minutes. I don’t know how that’s possible.

12. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

I think you're right in that KPJ does get mad at himself more than at his teammates (from what I've seen), but unlike Jalen, Alpi and others, the problem is that KPJ will often quit on the play after he makes a mistake and just stands around instead of hustling his ass off to make up for it. I give him some credit in that he's been a much better teammate than he's been in the past (really low bar to begin with) and his maturity overall has grown, especially off the court. But it also helps that he's got some great, high character teammates around him that he can grow with in players like Jalen, Alpi, and Jabari. On most other NBA teams, I still don't see how KPJ would be getting any sort of run... only in Houston is he really allowed this many opportunities.

Despite being his 4th year in the league, he's still only 22 so who knows, maybe he'll become a decent NBA player. But for that to happen on the Rockets, I hope both him and the coaching staff understand that his current role as PG of the team needs to change and that he needs to play off ball for both team and individual success.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sham there is no point talking hoop with you because you are an absolute idiot. You can't grasp simple concepts or have civil disagreements. People talk down to you because you're at max goofball at all times. Nothing anyone says to you sinks in for people to have a real conversation with your bum ass. Your existence on this forum is a waste of everyone's time. I wish you would log out and brush your teeth - your breath smells like cat litter.

Imagine harassing me just because I think Silas should run plays for Bari.

The level of dumbass you have achieved is remarkably sad.

hakeem94, BigShasta and Os Trigonum like this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm happy with the win. Sengun is back. That's huge for the team. I'm upset at Silas for starting EG over KJM. This took him out of rhythm. I like EG and want him to come off the bench.

Tankeio, Richie_Rich, aaquaa and 6 others like this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This actually the second night in a row of this variation

1 Go to game thread

2 Contribute inane observation like "imma take a picture of the one time they pass to my boy 'Bari <tittering noise><hopes for likes>"

3 Act upset.

Like I said, see you Monday (unless it's your week with the kids next week).

Good win though. You should watch it.

aaquaa likes this.
  16. WestendMassive

Refs were so determined not to give him free throws they spent 10 minutes working out how to overturn a clear foul on a three pointer

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sham you baboon.. I don't have any kids.

See you Monday. That's Trash day, I know you'll be there on the curb.

#1077 DreamShook, Nov 27, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    Reeko, hakeem94, aaquaa and 3 others like this.
  18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He just needs to figure out how to contort his body and draw contact purposefully. Once he gets a knack for contact he will be eating at the line.

DreamR, saleem and don grahamleone like this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Woohoo, we won!
    (Petty fight)
    (Petty fight)
    (something bad about Silas or KPJ)
    (Petty fight)

Celebration time, y'all!
    (Petty fight)
    (Silas or KPJ slander)

Anyone want to tell these CFer's we won?
    (Petty fight)
    (slander, more slander)

etc.

Ah, the joys of modern Clutchfanning...

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member