1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to up Josh Christopher's minutes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 16, 2021.

1. maj21

maj21 Member

It’ll be more Tari and KJ minutes. Don’t see JC getting much PT

2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Daishen Nix and Josh might need to be considered to be assigned to the Vipers.

I wish the NBA and Euroleague worked together and NBA Prospects can be sent to the Euroleague and play Real System Team Basketball.

The G League Team System doesn't work in NBA Level. Statpadding League.

3. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Short answer: he can’t shoot 3s.

It could also have to do with something they see in practice, his higher usage percentage, lower effective FG% or the large disparity in his offensive and defensive ratings. Could be a lot of things, but I put his lack of 3pt ability at the top.

4. a time to chill

Recently Silas said the reason for sitting Christopher was to experiment with the lineups and that eventually, he would get his chance. It's frustrating that Christopher wasn't the priority when he is a player that was selected in the first round. His 3-point shooting is on par with Garrison Mathews plus he can finish at the rim and has a mid-range game...and he can play defense too. Christopher is just a better all-around talent and should at least be getting 14-16 min a night instead of 7.

Mr.Scary and theDude like this.
  5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

How are G league stats padded?

The average Offensive Rating in the G league last year was 111.2. The average pace was 96.7.

The average Offensive Rating in the NBA was 110.6. The average pace was 98.2.

That 0.6 more points is really doing a lot of work here

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He should get some minutes but he should be told to pass. He has worse tunnel vision than KPJ and that's saying something.

vjohnson and King1 like this.
  8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I'd still rather have him on the court than KPJ or Nix

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Me too but I am eager to see what TyTy can do.

King1 likes this.
  10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Agree on TyTy. He definitely deserves minutes. At worst he's probably a George Hill type player

11. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

I don't know what got into Christopher head. Someone mentioned he was taking advice from Gilbert Arenas. He's trying to shoot everytime. He's not playing team basketball. He also do stupid turnover and not defend his player. In one play him tell his teammate A to guard his man so he can go defend the one with the ball, but teammate B is already defending the one with the ball and teammate A is already on someone. Matthews is not getting consistent playing time, when he get the opportunity to play. He played hard. Played well against Atlanta so he got reward today and playing more. I guess Christopher is too young.