1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Victor Wembanyama tank thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lunareste, Oct 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xaos

xaos Member

I doubt we keep Silas if we start out with a bad record first 20 games. Even if we do, it won't go beyond next season.

Also, Wemby is transcendent on both ends. No way even Silas would just put him in the corner... right... right?!

Haha

2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

3. MystikArkitect

I want Victor just so I can see a goon squad lineup of Garuba, Tari, Jabari and Wemby.

4. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Wemby is good but he and his France team did lose against the USA in the U19 World Cup Final. Kenny Lofton Jr from Memphis dominated him in the paint and got in foul trouble. If you have size you can pound him and Holmgren is tougher than him....just saying. I know Wemby is a great Prospect but he is not that physical in the paint

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If there are things to be gained, wouldn't mind making a run at the Play In if it comes to that. :oops::oops:

CHAMPBOY, Easy and Jontro like this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The tank is definitely in Jeopardy.

clos4life and jim1961 like this.
  8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Winning is nice … but deep down I still want to dream the Wemby dream. It’d be so exciting watching him grow into a dominate force over 3 Ironman seasons, becoming a 25/10 force and the next “most dominant player” by his 4th season, teasing us with MVP performances and then have a string of injuries and retiring by 28.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

About time too. Fight and win or lose. We will still get a high pick.

Y2JT likes this.
  10. BreakYoSelfFool

This is a horrible take, close to being a lie. France did lose by 2 points to the US after Victor fouled out. However, they were winning by 3 before he got in foul trouble 7 mins left. The foul trouble occurred after Chet drew 2 questionable foul calls against Victor in a 30 second stretch (one where Victor got all ball and another touch foul). Despite the foul trouble Vic played more minutes than any big man on team USA. Victor was the only dominant player when he was on the court for the U19 Finals and was about 2 years younger than everyone else on the court at the time. My proof is that he scored the most points in the game (28), had the most rebounds in the game (8), had the most blocks in the game (8, 5 more blocks than the whole team USA combined), had the highest +/- on his team (+7), and had as many steals (1) as turnovers (1).

This was also a year ago when Victor was only 17 compared to Chet and Ivey 19. Since then, there is also his current year of dominating against pro Euro league players he has gotten stronger, better, and more dominant.

11. i3artow i3aller

12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I do not want to lose on purpose for a 14% chance to get this guy. Everybody keeps saying lose every game and just tank. WHY? Two years ago, we had the worst record, and everybody thought we were going to get the first pick .... NOPE! Last year, we had the worst pick, and he got the third pick. We are not a good team, and we need to develop our young players. They need to play and play hard every game so they can be better next year. We are in our last year in our rebuilding process. We have Jalen, Sengun and Jabari and one of these players will be on our team next year (Wemby, Scott. Thompson Twins or Nick Smith Jr from Arkansas) and we have 60 million to get a star player this summer. We will definitely receive a top 5 picks because you have the Tankmaster, General Silas.

Y2JT and GotGame15 like this.
  13. conquistador#11

2023-2024
    Sengun: 19 pts/10
    Wemby: 24/14 (Y'all say he's generational so I'm gonna hype him up as such)
    Smith Jr: 16/8
    Green: 26pts / 5/ 5
    KPJ : 18/7 assists

Martin 13 ppg
    Eason 10 ppg
    Garuba 4 ppg/ 8 rebounds
    Tyty 7 pts/ 4 assists
    Tate 9/7/5
    Josh 5 ppg
    Bruno 3 ppg

PPG: 154ish
    Points allowed: 100

Record:
    78-4

But seriously it's going to be interesting how the staff makes them all fit incorporating yet another rookie. They're already having a hard time as is. The talent is going to be there for sure.

Fulgore likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

At that point expect a lot of the young talent to be off loaded when we are ready for win now mode. Not all those young guys on the bench are going to be on the roster by then. Out of the starters, KPJ has the least certainty of being part of the core when we are ready to win again.

15. i3artow i3aller

16. sheb

sheb Member

He is going to the Lakers, whole thing is rigged. After the whole Cleveland #1 picks it’s obvious.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow! Crazy moves for a guy that size. He doesn't look as "stick-like" as Chet, in my opinion. Has he put on a little weight? Maybe it's my imagination.

xaos and i3artow i3aller like this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

Would be quite the impressive feat seeing as the Pelicans own LA's pick
    [​IMG]

Corrosion, cmoak1982, Bo6 and 2 others like this.
  19. xaos

xaos Member

Yeah he is basically who a lot of people said Chet was last year and more. The term unicorn became a watered down term, but he is the true unicorn that is both unique and has a chance to be great.

Deckard and i3artow i3aller like this.
  20. i3artow i3aller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.