1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Garuba is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Nov 16, 2022.

1. TimDuncanDonaut

2. i3artow i3aller

3. Bo6

Bo6 Member

he was absolutely fantastic last night. made a run anytime he was in the game.

Zen Tabak and ElPigto like this.
  4. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Garuba is solid, he should try to look for the rim a bit more. And I expected him to hit his free throws, key moment. Overall, great to see his progress.

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Garuba will have games where he just running around with no destination in sight but will also have games where he runs around and the ball finds him.. He's funny to watch!

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

His defense is a force that disrupts the momentum of the game at an elite level for his age. He needs to develop any kind of offensive game so that his net impact can climb and he can get more minutes. I wish he were getting slightly more minutes to develop but overall the recipe is simple, he desperately needs a 3pt shot because that's the quickest route to not being a negative on the offensive side.

anchel, Amel, Ancient Moabite and 2 others like this.
  7. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Agree with the 3pt shot. The rest of his offensive game will mostly come from playing in a system and getting specific roles and working on them, like in Spain, and unlike in Houston.

8. rocketchampsdad

he has high basketball iq like sengun,
    he is faster , but sometimes clumsy
    he can play 4-5
    if he works hard he will be beast !!

Zen Tabak and fattz like this.
  9. TimDuncanDonaut

10. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Agreed. In any given year there are MAYBE 3 teams that will run a serious motion offense so it's not a good idea for his long term career to hope the team suits him. I've been wanting it for the Rockets a long time but one day I realized it's quite rare and championship teams are not necessarily running it.

With a 3pt shot he can fit easily on any team interested in winning.

AlperenSengun likes this.
  11. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I'm starting to think maybe there are just too many scorers in the starting lineup, maybe we should start Garuba who doesn't need any shots. Keep Sengun's minutes and usage high off the bench, I think that can work better for the time being. He works well with Nix and so far Tyty.

Would much rather start Sengun but I feel like starting is actually limiting his game at the moment. Garuba needs to play with as much offensive talent as possible and he could bring some good stability to the starting lineup. Feel like he'd be much more wide open and then might avoid being a liability on that end.

More shots for Jabari/Green/KPJ/Sengun.

Would be interesting.

fryjol7 likes this.
  12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

They're gonna kill you for this, but it's not a bad idea.

But, the big thing for Garuba is adding something to his game on offense so that he can play a little PF. Then, he can play WITH Sengun or anyone really. Would be good if he can have like a Draymond Green type of impact.

13. rocketchampsdad

did silas try him with sengun??
    if we are tanking mode
    if we are ok to lose

we can try

sengun&uzi
    jalen tyty tari bari sengun

and
    kpj nix eg garry boban (future 5 )

14. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Totally Agree. Would clean the paint for our starting guards and allow the team to tailor the 2nd unit for Sengun, which is what he really needs.
    TyTy(we all know its going to be Nix but a man can dream)-Eason-Kj-Sengun-3nD guy.

His passing would allow us to use sets for Jabari, Eason defense can cover some ground for him.

Mathloom likes this.
  15. rocketchampsdad

its easy to say sengun plays for 2nd unit
    good idea
    but silas gives 35+ mins to jalen and kpj
    even you bench sengun to give him ball jalen or kpj is always on court so he cant get his touches
    but you are right about tyty he is a good playmaker
    he is not selfish
    but silas play with nix if he is ok

16. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I believe at this point of Sengun's career it's better to give him 30 minutes where he can showcase who he is vs having him play 35 in a system where he is called to be the 3rd ball handler.

He needs smarts entry pass, pick and roll hander, cutters and shooters working around him. At the moment, our starting guards don't look willing to play like that for him. Let's stagger and give our main people enough space to succeed at what they do best.
    Starting vs non starting its not that important on a tanking team.

rocketchampsdad likes this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yes, the team with the 30th best halfcourt offense in the NBA per second spectrum has "too many scorers" and needs to more prominently feature possibly the worst offensive player in the entire NBA to "work better"

@Mathloom ladies & gentlemen

ElPigto likes this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

Agree with this, I don't know who technically was Herro's man, but by the time Garuba was deployed on Herro, Tyler already done most of his damage. If Silas is really looking to win; with Tate hobbled, Tari or Garuba as a starting defender of opposing team's best player is not a bad idea.

Zen Tabak and i3artow i3aller like this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Garuba is still our best 3pt shooter. :D

Seriously, I'm beginning to see him as a bigger and faster Chuck Hayes who can shoot an occasional 3.

20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Usman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]