1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if we trade Gordon for Mike Conley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, Nov 22, 2022.

?

Would you trade Gordon and The Milwaukee Pick for Mike Conley?

1. Yes, this would move our Franchise Forward

28 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. No, we should let Porter stay at Point and keep our goofy lower Milwaukee Pick?

26 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

What if you add a 1st too Gordon

2. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We are giving them a draft pick and they can start Sexton.

3. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

What if we give them Christopher, Gordon and the Milwaukee pick for Conley. They are going to trade their best players in January.

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Conley still has two years and about 45 million give or rake) or take (being lazy so I didn't look up the exact amount). He's also older. That said, you do raise some valid points. He is a really good leader and definitely don't want to dump our cap space on a guy like Middleton. Never know if someone might become available via trade. Not much of a Mitchell fan (and certainly not for the price Cleveland paid ) but a year ago you wouldn't have thought he was on the market.

I really want to see KPJ as a 6th man or sliding to the wingthen we'll actually know what we have in him

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  5. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

“Win-win” might not mean what you think it does.

Deckard, burlesk and justtxyank like this.
  6. LukaMVP

LukaMVP Member

conley may be old but i feel he would do similar magic with rockets as paul did with suns. question is if the jazz would ever wanna trade him as long as they're playing good. they intended to pursue wemb but now their target has been switched to the championship propably, how ironic it is (in contrast to lakers lol)

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Wow its almost as if the 2 poll choices are funneling votes one way! LOL :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

justtxyank likes this.
  8. eman

eman Contributing Member

Scoot or that tall Arkansas PG in the draft, please.

9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I know this is painful, but we have to keep that ticket strong in the Wemby sweepstakes. You get the Conley next year.

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I'd rather have Olynyk back

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The Jazz are fooling themselves if they think they are contenders. They just don't have the level of players to win 7 game series.

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

We held on to EGo for too long. We won't get much of anything for him in return if ever even trade him.

burlesk, Downtown Sniper and YOLO like this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'd rather run EG out of town one way or another, be that trade or buy out and play the youngsters the rest of the season .... they get experience, we get L's, it's a win win.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I've been saying that since Preseason.

I don't know what the purpose of playing him has
    been if he has no kids in school.

His trade value isn't going up from what was offered last trade deadline.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm down for signing a vet like Conley for next season. I think he'll be a FA.

If we were to say get Wemby I really don't like the idea of KPJ being the one deciding who should get the ball...in my mind I'd trade KPJ for another young guard if I could or vet guard, whatever, and sign a vet like Conley.

I think next year we have to start putting good vets on this team. We'll have more than enough prospects and we are going to start needing really good vets to help them build good habits and try to develop a winning culture.

xaos likes this.
  16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Jazz wouldn't do the deal.

Also, it gives away an asset to help the rockets in the short term. By the time the rockets are good enough for it to matter Conley will be out of the league.

This is a 2010s Kings or Knicks type of deal.

17. Ancient Moabite

All g, I could see Conley being a poor man version of what CP3 did for that OKC squad which could move KPJ to SF position and more into his effective catch n shoot and secondary ball handling duties

Conley may be worth the investment with the cap space and he would do well for the growth of the young pieces

We shall see

I didn't mention trade market but you are on point with that

King1 likes this.
  18. jayfree

jayfree Member

Jazz will be out of the playoffs before seasons end

YOLO likes this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

Not terrible, his contract isn't fully guaranteed next season. Just feels someone headed to the playoffs would offer a better deal or Utah wouldn't be interested in EG.

On the other end of the spectrum, I do wonder about Killian Hayes and Chris Duarte. Those teams' are relatively stocked on primary playmakers (Cade, Ivey, Haliburton, and Mathurin).

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Why don't we trade him for Ja Morant?

Did I misread the thread? I thought we were naming trades that the other team has literally zero need for.