1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This move reminds me of Harden!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 22, 2022.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Reminds me of Hakeem

dobro1229 and Verbal Christ like this.
  3. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Moments ago i watched a vlog, about SAC's most recent win streak, in which i easily find out SAC's front office has done great job as to managing their draft picks, working on trades n tweaking roaster.

yes, If we chose mathurin, we might have the chance to copycat the success in SAC -
    SAC made a home run in 2020 draft night by selecting Halliburton, that thanks to their strategy of focusing on best available 'nba ready' kids over positions they needed to enforce, n as we all know last summer they traded Halliburton to indy for Sabonis n Huerter, n signed fox's kentucky teammate malik monk. All those moves leads the franchise back on right track quickly into a winning momentum.
    (hope Stone could learn from it, tries being smart, bringing on more creativity thinkings other than just doing things 'one step at a time'.)

Why i brought in the story of SAC's most recent success?
    bc i partially agree with you man,
    yes, in draft night maybe we should have thought less of positions that we were intend to vamp up, instead, turned to the best prospects available there.
    and maybe mathurin could have been a better choice (he definitely looks much more ready in every way).
    But…we gotta understand mathurin's sucess not just on him, also attributes to their hc n their full-fledged pg, Halliburton.
    As for rockets, we got a whole different story here (kpj n silas). before we begin judging on bari, we need to understand there could be a 'chicken n eggs' situation being ignored:
    is bari's underperforming all subject to his flaws?
    or, his failure is due to what kinda player he is (need others to set plays, need coach to design schemes, n without them, his flaws could easily be maximized)

I believe that's the latter.
    bari is a pf, a volume shooter, he need rhythm, unfortunately, ball not in his hand, if our guards n point center fails to keep feeding him the ball, he could never find back his touch.
    So we'd better move away from bari's flaws, try to understand hc is the person who gotta spend some time on figuring out how auburn helped bari success in his college games, if our hc takes it seriously, why does not copycat some auburn plays for him? it's plain and simple.

#23 DeBeards, Nov 22, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    daywalker02 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Never been a fan of jumbling together 20 year olds for the sake of having all under rookie contracts and still have no hierarchy meaning couple of talents would go to waste unless they are being traded.

DeBeards likes this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Reminds me of a step back 3 pointer.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

dobro1229 likes this.
  7. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

this one time, yesterday, Nix had that 3 pointer. I remembered Curry, who also makes some 3 pointers. the end.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thank you! Casuals like @dobro1229 would not understand, of course, as we can see on this thread.

J.R. likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nice writing my man...ive read it all
    imho you overthinking it

silas aint got no time for all that
    he s all about fluff stuff and formalities, interviews etc

DeBeards likes this.
  10. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Sac made a mistake trading Haliburton. That trade still makes zero sense, and it was a ridiculous thing that only a franchise like Sacramento would do. They did not get equal value. They just limited their window with that trade, Haliburton is 22 and already better than Sabonis at 26, who's contract expires in a couple of seasons. Sabonis can easily leave for nothing in 1.5 years and they will once again look like complete idiots. Taking these types of short cuts is how you end up on the mediocrity treadmill for decade + .

11. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

That's why i believe memes better than words.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

It's all subject to this franchise's rebuilding plan n how ppl execute, wht i can say is, the way this front office doing things is not smart or they are intentionally prolong the process of rebuilding due to a 'low cost operating' strategy (only ferntits n stone knows).

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fox is an All Star BTW.

DeBeards likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

15. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

cmon he ain't an All-Star

he is...