1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I know we don't want a winning record now, but...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you watched the game, you'd know what I was talking about.

Sengun's two consecutive awful turnovers was what built the final lead for the Warriors.

There's no question other things contributed to the loss, but those two consecutive turnovers and the subsequent ridiculous shooting by Klay and Steph were the final nails in the coffin.

maj21 likes this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I would have thought it reasonable. But after seeing EGo this season so far, he is disinterested. He's doing nobody any good in terms of learning how to play winning ball.

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

I see a lot of growth in the players........................easy to blame the coach though when you are losing.

We have had a hard schedule with a young roster. We are not winning much more with any other coach in charge

Corrosion likes this.
  4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

A good GM also works his way in to getting teams out of trouble and we have a good GM who is stockpiling assets at the moment. He has got Eason and Sengun with crafty draft picks moves and help set us up to rebuild quicker than we would have been before he took over. Morey traded everything away and left the cupboard bare. We have heaps of time to jump. Problem is, some fans expected us to roll through this hard schedule to start the season and collect wins easily................we have had the hardest schedule in the entire comp. Faced most of the best teams.

Corrosion and Verbal Christ like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He doesn't play team ball at all. I like him personally, but if anything, he is a big culprit of the "my turn, your turn" offense.

AlperenSengun likes this.
  6. Carpe82

Carpe82 Member

[​IMG]

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Mediocrity would be a reasonable ceiling if they stayed pat..

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think he cares about the team anymore. He's just going through the motion. I don't blame him. I'd probably be tempted to do the same if I knew they had been trying to trade me for more than a year.

9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Sengun got pulled with 5 minutes left, as always. Silas doesn't let him close games. You think they win that game if Sengun doesn't commit two turnovers with 6 minutes left in the game?

10. payaso

payaso Member

In the Giphy world we need a pic of Pat Riley offering a ride on his February escape pod...

Easy likes this.
  11. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Would be nice in a roster of 15 dudes we had at least 1 point guard, instead of 0. That would be a good place to start.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I watched the game now. After the first turnover, warriors miss a three on the break, rebounded by the rockets. No effect at all!!!

The second turnover is an out of bounds play, giving away one possession basically with 5:31 on the clock.

So you are trying, as usual, to manipulate creating some fantasy world Sengun's turnovers was the key to the game.

clutchdabear likes this.
  13. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

We got young guys I don't get why they don't play heavy minutes.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

She didn't tweet or retweet that .... did she?

And just because that other person said it to her in response doesn't mean that she agrees with it.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He deems chucking 3s is a better idea than turning the ball over.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

It would be nice, but as it turns out, the Rockets are collecting best players available, and so far no really good PGs have been available.

Fortunately for us, in the top end of the draft this year, if we don't happen to land Wemby, there are a number of good point guard prospects.

Scoot
    Smith Jr.
    Thompson
    Black

It's perfectly fine to admit that the roster is not complete, and the current team doesn't need to be a perfectly balanced and well oiled machine.

Corrosion likes this.