1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 11/18/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

It’s hard to watch. I know the roster is super young and fundamentally unbalanced but there’s so much talent there. I can’t help but think we could be getting more out of what we have. I just don’t trust the coaching/player development right now.

albuster, cheke64, clos4life and 6 others like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how so? silas helped development of lebron and curry...hes well respected in the league( as well as his father)

BigShasta likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i remmeber when 76ers fans used to dream of embiid domination just like rockets dream of wemby now....
    turns out they were terribly wrong...embiied is just another nba star player... and not very special...being beaten by 'inferior' players in the playoffs ever year.....

jimmy butler pick no 30, that cant even shoot 3s, is by far a greater player than biid...AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE

Hakeemtheking and Ankara1923 like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and where is petition for firing Lucas?
    if they fire silas we may get even greater idiot of a coach...

bmelo and Ankara1923 like this.
  5. Asian Sensation

Jalen with the classic Harden playoff stat line. Which one of y’alls were calling for him to be moved to PG again?

[​IMG]

6. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Why he was called "Butcher of Yenikoy"?

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Assuming things don’t turn around 3 yrs without any real improvement is empirical evidence.

albuster likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wow! The Rockets hurt me with this loss. It's like they maxed out in the 1st quarter and ran on reserves the rest of the game.

kdchilds and Futron like this.
  9. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I must admit Garuba is real as a solid defender, block shots, bring physicality and can hit the 3 pointers on the offense side. I think I would start Jabari at Center with Sengun and I would start Garuba at Power Forward. He really reminds me of Draymond Green with his toughness, speed, rebounding and trying to lead the fast break. His handle are not terrible, he can cover centers, forwards and guards. The guy has great feet.

jdjd and PeterKingX like this.
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Honestly don't know how some of you people live your lives being so pissed off all the time.

This is a super young team, that has no idea what they are doing. They are going to be a bad product. You should expect this. Your expectation should be that they lose and look shitty doing so. As long as you expect something different, you are going to be mad after every single game.

No coach, or rotation change, or PG, is going to fix this.

This is rebuilding. The sooner you accept it, the better off you will be.

Sonicbun8, SamFisher, CVcrew and 2 others like this.
  11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You arent a very good listener or reader then. Because people really arent expecting much just basic common sense things. So perhaps pay more attention or read what people are actually saying in stead of acting like you know what everyone is talking about when you clearly havent read a thing.

12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I would rather go through the growing pains of putting someone there who has a high ceiling than putting someone there who has already hit their ceiling and has anger issues.

13. Asian Sensation

I sense some personal bias in your post. I don’t think it’s fair to say a 22 year old has hit his ceiling. That being said…. I said it before and I’ll say it again…. Neither KPJ or Jalen have the handles/ball security to be a successful point guard. They along with Jabroni are great at brick for Vic though.

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I think these read and react offenses can work just fine if you have elite ISO creators and scorers like Harden and Luka. Silas was selected because his Mavs offense with Luka was amazing.
    I am not seeing a fit with this Rockets team.

REEKO_HTOWN and albuster like this.
  15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Again this was one game. KPJ has had a full season to try it and it seems only fair to atleast give Jalen the same amount of time. If you read my posts 2 years ago I was so hopeful for KPJ but you dont do what he does on a regualr basis and get that much better from it. His handle and turnovers are who he is. He may become a better shooter and defender thats it. He's not a point guard. Jalen on the other hand has a bad game here or there but overall has a higher ceiling and thats just a fact. This isnt Jalen vs KPJ its just recognizing that one player has a higher ceiling and hasnt been given the same opportunity as the other. Our biggest problem is coaching and after that it will be deprogramming certain players from bad habits and the nonsense Silas put in their heads. You can lose but you should lose developing your top picks in the right way. The way we are doing things now is even if we get a great player in the draft we will just be New Orleans with AD and just like AD that star will leave as soon as they can. I know that some of you dont get that but if you dont do things the right way early you are looking at a very long rebuild.

Carpe82 likes this.
  16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Oh I have read it all.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  17. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I thought my mind was playing tricks on me at first ... then I realized Nix actually played 20+ minutes. Why man? Why? If he is still on this team next season then we dun goofed bad, lazy ass PG reincarnation of Maurice Taylor.

clos4life, Plowman and Joe Rocket like this.
  18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Then youre a troll

Ankara1923 likes this.
  19. Carpe82

Carpe82 Member

This is ridiculous, these guys
    Unique offense? Come on, he can't barely be considered a coach. Is this a joke? what happens in Houston? I'm from Spain. I've been talking bout Silas with a profesional coach and he can't believe this guy is actually coaching and NBA team. This is embarrassing, not only for the Rockets but for the entire NBA

20. JW86

JW86 Member

Okay, I've been very patient and very positive, but this game pissed me the **** off! Even if we'd won, this was just utterly pathetic. If we had any type of system and accountability, you win this game, period. Pathetic effort on Elvin Hayes' big night, Green going for his and turning it over, Gordon with the bad body language again, Martin and Eason trying to dunk and lay-up in heavy traffic, god awful perimeter defense, didn't use picks properly to get guys on the roll, miscommunications all over the place on who to guard, looking for refs to bail us out, undisciplined defense etc etc.