1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It’s legal in a lot of states… so is gambling.

Texas is literally backwards when it comes to some of this stuff.

oh ****, I just pulled a MB and went political in here!!!!

xcrunner51, Stoic Rob, Nook and 5 others like this.
  2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Are the Stros looking at him?

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Maybe Abbott will allow sports betting this term.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Keep voting for Republicans in this state, you will never have legal weed or gambling. They are being paid off by Louisiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico.

BigM, Nook and Kim like this.
  5. the shark

the shark Member

Not just no but hell no.

Some team will throw some $$ at him thinking they can fix him. In my opinion I'd pass and use those resources elsewhere. If it were signing him to a minor league contract and not much $ maybe I could see taking a flier on him but that's not where things are on him right now.

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

People really think there is a chance that the Astros might sign a player who said all these quotes about Altuve, the greatest Astro of all time, and the Astros?

Those guys were cheating for three years," Bellinger said of the Astros. "I think what people don't realize is [Jose] Altuve stole an MVP from [Aaron] Judge in 2017. Everyone knows they stole the ring from us."

Said Bellinger: "I don't know what human hits a walk-off home run against Aroldis Chapman to send your team to the World Series, and, one, has the thought to say, 'Don't rip my jersey off,' but, two, go into the tunnel, change your shirt, and then come out and do your interview. That makes no sense to me."

[​IMG]

That bridge is burnt.

#1846 The Real Shady, Nov 18, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  7. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Maybe we could sign Bellinger just to beat the **** out of him.

8. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

I’d sign Bellinger to a minor league deal with an invite to spring training. On the first day that position players report I’d have the entire team gather around the pitchers mound in a huge circle, with Altuve standing on top of the rubber in the middle of the circle, both World Series rings on his fingers, and Bellinger kneeling at the bottom of the mound.

Altuve would go on to tell Bellinger that if he ever wanted to be accepted into this top notch organization… he’d have to apologize for his mistakes. Bellinger would. And he’d bow down to Altuve. Altuve would walk up and tell Bellinger to kiss his rings. As soon as Bellinger puckers up- Altuve would b**** slap him across the face and walk through the circle of teammates as he heads back to the clubhouse in West Palm beach.

As soon as Jose Altuve steps over the 1B chalk line… he raises his right hand in the air and simply snaps his fingers… as the circle of Astros rush towards Bellinger and beat him down. Right there on the pitchers mound. Steel cleats to the face and all.

Bellinger gets DFA’d that evening and signs with the Pirates

9. Landry's Tooth

Not a fan of getting political but this is annoying to me...

If it's not a state crime that doesn't make it legal. It's still a federally controlled substance.

Given the thc has been increased so much that you can become addicted to it physically now I'm not sure there's an argument for legalization.

Big Tex and BlindHog like this.
  10. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

That muntanka looks intreasting. Problem is language barrier.

11. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

There's always one person that has to turn every freaking topic political.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why is that a problem? Ohtani users an interpreter as do many of the Astro Hispanic players.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  13. Qan

Qan Member

Language isn't a problem...the problem is Astros won't have a chance of getting him lol

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. Yordan The Great

Yeah I have no idea how Yordan is ever gonna make it in this sport.

15. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

On JV, I know he is dominant in the regular season and that has value: rest for the pen, win the division when’s seattle is pushing hard to challenge.

But about whether to pay 2/80, let’s assume we make the postseason in 2023. Who do you want to start a Game 1 and 2 of a series? As of right now, the unequivocal answer for me is Framber and Javier.

Sure, it would be great to roll out JV as a No3. But it makes me really hesitant to pay JV 2/80.

I would really rather go get Abreu with some of that money, and use the balance to extend Framber or javier.

16. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Yordan does speak English js

17. HTown2017Champs

We don't win the #1 seed in the AL without Verlander. Period. Not saying give him a blank check but we are not as good a team without him. I am willing to do 3yr/$36M AAV for him, I believe he will age much better than most and I see him as a Clemens/Johnson/Ryan type in his 40s. Of course, it is Crane's money and Crane's decision.

As far as Bellinger, I want what's best for the Astros. If our staff can fix him and he can make our team better I'm all for it. They're professionals and work it out, if it does happen.

everyday eddie likes this.
  18. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

None of that is true about JV paying for himself. Not even close. Seriously man, it’s nonsense, The Astros aren’t looking at an extra $40M in tickets and merch from JV. This is silly.

19. Yordan The Great

I mean on a very minimal level if you want to describe it as such.

He always has an interpretor when he's interviewed.

I know a couple of dozen words in Spanish, I don't speak Spanish.

20. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

you only post in the Astros forum, so clearly you care about this. But why are your posts always this terrible. It seems incredibly difficult to be this consistently bad. Is this a parody account or maybe you just like clowning people here. And please understand, I’m not just talking about this post. And I’m not trying to be mean.

this kind of reminds me of that dude Cangrejero who used to post non stop in the Astros forum. Maybe this is a burner account for him?