1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you spend $8/month for Twitter Blue?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by durvasa, Nov 2, 2022.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

So many people are angry and have strong opinions over a product they don't use.

Invisible Fan and DonnyMost like this.
  3. Major

Major Member

Yup - Twitter, unfortunately, has a global impact so some people have opinions when the world is worse off due to someone's stupid actions. People who care only about things that they directly use seem pretty inherently selfish.

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. Space Ghost

I have found that people, myself included, become subject matter experts after reading a few articles on subjects they have not been involved with in the past.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion (free speech), but honestly, if someone is not in the thick of it, they should probably yield to those who have.

I have many takes, opinions and speculations, which many are wrong. The world would be a better place if we all humbled ourselves before our egos more often.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hated Twitter before Elon. I was supposed to use it professionally but couldn’t stand the “main characters” of medtwitter. Every one is so damn self righteous on that app. So easy to offend.

6. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I also despise Elon and his nut lickers. It’s like the Apple fan boys who get mad when I say don’t like a new feature on the Mac forums.

jiggyfly and SamFisher like this.
  7. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

https://www.ign.com/articles/twitter-closes-all-of-its-office-buildings-as-employees-resign-en-masse

Not sure Elon understands what makes a good employer.

Employees don't want chaos and uncertainty, they want stability.

9. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I've seen enough. The end is nigh for Twitter.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/17/tech/twitter-employees-ultimatum-deadline/index.html

Junebball likes this.
  11. Space Ghost

Seems you love using twitter. me so confused.

12. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

It's excels for real time takes and breaking news.

The gems are dulled by the otherwise **** spewing on Twitter.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The reason is that his "extreme hardcore" stunt backfired - again, like pretty much every single other one of his Galactic CEO badass moves in the last month:

(Bloomberg) --Elon Musk gave Twitter Inc. employees an ultimatum to either commit to the company’s new “hardcore” work environment or leave. Many more workers declined to sign on than he expected, potentially putting Twitter’s operations at risk, according to people familiar with the matter.

***​

Musk tried, in the final hours before his deadline, to convince people to stay. Key staff were brought into meetings as the Thursday evening deadline neared to hear pitches on the social network’s future, according to people familiar with the matter. Musk, who had earlier said he was strictly against remote work, also sent a follow-up email Thursday softening his tone​

@AroundTheWorld @Commodore @tinman

Maybe he's not very good at this?

#253 SamFisher, Nov 17, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
  14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

15. Space Ghost

Anyone having issues with Twitter?

Elon fired all the employees and it still works. I guess Elon is running it by himself now.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Elon Musk has managed to turn his impulsive purchase of Twitter into a fiasco. The guy has screwed up before, but not remotely to this extent. Taking Twitter private is costing him huge sums of money, with no end in sight.

He's pissed off more than the businesses that Twitter depends on for 90% of it's revenue, although that's an enormous hit, with much of it not likely to return, in my opinion. Musk needlessly pissed off a heck of a lot of people, including a large number of celebrities that help give Twitter it's cachet by, among other things, suddenly "telling" everyone in a tweet to "vote Republican for Congress" literally just before the election. I, for one, won't be using Twitter as much as I did before, and if a good alternative presents itself, I'll certainly consider using it.

Reeko likes this.
  17. SamFisher

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Pretty sure that's parody.... he had a couple of follow-up tweets implying such last night and now the tweet you quoted has been deleted.

19. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I liked Elon more when he was quiet and making cool cars and rockets.........I never really knew much about the man personally but now he comes off as an arrogant rich dude. There are some things that you should keep in house, but I guess that's the twitter world they all signed up for. As a manager if I told my team that if you want to work here you have to work a ridiculous schedule and if you didn't like it there's the door I would be all alone. Hopefully he finds a CEO that will run the company properly

Sajan, Reeko and Amiga like this.
  20. SamFisher

If only there was some verification system in place..?

Sajan and Amiga like this.