1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Garuba is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Certain upgrade.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, I am glad Clutchfans is turning a leaf on Garuba. A thread like this proves that Garuba is finally earning the respect of this forum.

I been patient on Garuba, just staying on the wings looking like he just had potential. Glad he is finally looking good. The energy he brings defensively is freaking incredible.

don grahamleone, D-rock, Y2JT and 7 others like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is going to be the defensive anchor people thought Jabari was going to be.

vince likes this.
  4. sefril

sefril Member

That pass to Gordon corner 3 was incredible.. split second decision and precise pass..

it’s like in Real Madrid, for years he’s been brainwashed into thinking: “look, destiny, you can’t do sht on offense beside shoot wide open 3, putback, dunk and layups.. always aware of your teammates position, the moment you receive the ball inside the 3 point area but away from the rim, pass immediately!!”

:D:D

don grahamleone, D-rock, Amel and 5 others like this.
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I need to check the highlights. Haven't seen a game for longer than 5 minutes because of kpj.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

People just do not learn. What is Jabari one of the 10 youngest players in the nba?

Garuba and Green suck.
    Wait no they are getting better.
    Jabari sucks. Almost zero hope for improvement.
    Patience be damned……

7. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Looks like my choice of stocking up on garuba rookie auto cards is gonna pay offffffffff.

don grahamleone and vince like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Usmans hustle and all out effort are such a treat. His defensive intensity is contagious. Becoming a consistent 3 point threat will be a revelation for this team.

Stone did it again!

(on cue the KPJ hate Mob has to jump in to derail another thread :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: JFC there are plenty of threads here to go unload your baggage)

9. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

glad to see the forum understand the player we have in our team. It was insanity to have people discuss a player of his international pedigree like that. He should be the benchmark for many things we aspire our organization to be as he comes from one of the most well funded sports club in the world.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

As long as he maintains his 75% 3 point shooting he should start over sengun.

When he drops down to 50, he should be sent to Vipers.

Stoic Rob and ElPigto like this.
  11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i was tough on him this summer but i've been impressed. he's doing everything well. props to him and his hardwork. i enjoy watching him play.

don grahamleone and saleem like this.
  12. CertifiedTroll

I thought the chances of Garuba panning out were about as good as Daishen Nix winning a slam dunk contest.. Yet here we are.

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

To Max Out Garuba Or Not?

:cool:

clos4life, Zen Tabak and Ankara1923 like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Had nothing to do with patience if in the short term plan Player B is better than Player A.

To attract FAs you have to conceptualize a short term goal.

Trying to be cute but good attempt, breh.

Patience is something vague that you cannot put out as stats or on a performance sheet.

Say it to a hungry refugee :'Well, we have bread next month, have patience till then. '

15. i3artow i3aller

16. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Usman "Aruba" Garuba aka the Caribbean European.

don grahamleone and Stoic Rob like this.
  17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If our free agency plans rely on Jabari getting off to a hot start to his rookie season then Stone deserves to be fired. When is free agency again? Next summer? People are whining now, game to game.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  18. maj21

maj21 Member

He’s a special player. Versatile defender, hustle, rebounds, blocks, steal, good passer, and can hit the open 3.

don grahamleone and NewAge like this.
  19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've always thought he was one of the "safest picks" in the draft. A role player, most likely. Coming, off injury, young, and out of shape...it was ugly at first. But, for him to be flashing this so soon... it's obvious the game has really slowed down for him. Maybe a little Draymond in Destiny...

#39 Plowman, Nov 17, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So you are a hungry refugee in regards to Jabari’s defense and needing it. Ok got it

don grahamleone likes this.