1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/14/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I am coming around to the KPJ as a sixth man. Green needs to be the focus of the offense when he is on the floor. He can drive and dish and is the better finisher now. Let’s try Green, KJM, Eason, Jabari, and Sengun in the starting line-up. Porter, Gordon, Garuba, and Tate (when back) off the bench. I think KPJ is a solid talent and is really hustling on defense and other parts of his game, but is still too ball dominant and a slow decision maker. Play iso when he is in the game. He and Gordon can trade off.

2. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I think Porter could possibly become a 6th man of the year type scorer off the bench, but I'm not sure he'll have the maturity to accept that role. Would be great for the team if he did.

Futron, eliefor3, Denovo and 2 others like this.
  3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If Silas is truly the KPJ Whisperer he should be able to convince him.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

5. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Why did we give up on Maledon if we dont trust the PGs on the team?
    Im betting even KPJ would be on for a move to SF for a few minutes a game. I mean, there is literally no downside. Let's see if TyTy can give us a couple minutes there.

don grahamleone and pippendagimp like this.
  6. marky :)

marky :) Member

Everytime I see EG play.

[​IMG]

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Which is funny because everyone thought it was going to be the reversed for a young hyped guard coming into the league who has only been the focal point of an offense for his entire life hardly ever worrying about passing the ball.

But he comes into the league and you see he's afraid of stepping on the toes of his seniors even though it's clear he's more talented than his seniors.

Bodes well for his teammates.

clos4life likes this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Can't please them all, a rookie comes in all cocky folks will say he's too disrespect and selfish. If rookie is deferring to his seniors and playing for the team, people doubting his masculinity/alpha mindset.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm tired of the tank excuse. I don't care about Wemby at this point.

I care about guys like Sengun and Green being pigeon holed into labels of being career losers because they got stuck in this absolutely horrendous situation.

This team needs to at least win 1 game out of 3 just to be somewhat respectable. No one is going to care about Green or Sengun at this rate.

Please just dump Silas and the staff. Let that Vipers Gleague coach be the interim.

clos4life and pippendagimp like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is the most checked out I have seen him all these years.

clos4life likes this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah, he's already mentally out of Houston. My worry now is he won't even be worth a FRP because of the way he's now playing, which means it was unequivocally a mistake to not trade him last year when apparently the Rockets declined multiple trade proposals where we could have acquired a FRP.

12. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

looks like ur just looking at FGA...because anyone watching the games sees that he goes sometimes the entire quarter without touching the ball...he had two shot attempts in the whole second half yday..one of which in garbage time...utilizing him as if he's ryan anderson isnt a sound strategy

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think it's a mix. I agree you can't utilize him as a Ryan Anderson, but has he given any reason that he is deserving of a greater role within the offense? Think the answer is somewhere in between.

14. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

I do agree that he is struggling...that being said, feels like the coaching staff puts him in the worst position to succeed. He cant ever establish a rythm camping in the corner waiting to get the ball...same thing was done with jalen as a rookie last yr...very frustrating

clutchdabear and Carpe82 like this.
  15. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I feel bad for thr guy. He did not sign up for this and is rotting away here. Should have been gone a long time ago

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Aight perfect, I'm gonna let Silas rack up a couple more losses...

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Futron

Futron Member

You do realize the reason we "stole" him for the Cavs is because he had a meltdown when the Cavs brought someone in that moved ahead of him in the rotation right?

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

team should be renamed into the houston tanking clowns...theres no any rockets on the team (well perhaps you could describe alpi as a rocket player)...the name is as fake as it gets....

clos4life and Ankara1923 like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

same for silas... he came here to coach harden and westbrook... its only fair that lakers or 76ers should take him from us...they both really need a coach matter for cats...