1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Astros Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Nov 7, 2022.

1. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Sorry.

Strike 1

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

NDA and whatnot. I get it.

IdStrosfan likes this.
  3. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

He just is not good enough for the Astros rotation.

4. Landry's Tooth

I wouldn't mind Jason Heyward on a minimum deal to compete with Dubon and Meyers for backup cf...

Depends on if the scouts and coaches think they can do something to help his hitting and if he can still lock down cf...

5. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I guess there's no downside other than blocking another player but many coaches have tried that over several years

6. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I honestly do not see room for Dubon with Hensley at Utility and with more upside. It honestly would not surprise me if he is non-tendered.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He had a 2.27 ERA as a starter last season. He's plenty good enough you just can't count on him to be able to pitch a full season.

8. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Not a chance with Dusty still in the dugout.

And I think they SHOULD keep him as 26th man.

Dubon's defensive versatility is very valuable in the regular season. He just should not start more than once or twice per month.

Hensley and Dubon both make the team, which is why there is no room for both Yuli and Brantley.

No Worries and Stephen66 like this.
  9. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

There's Skunkworks and Guessworks. LOL!

10. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

I think Dubon is 50/50 to be DFA or middle infield bench. I do not like him in the outfield, and I believe that ideally bench players should have options.

11. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Dubon should 100% be DFA'd. Hensley should be given a shot to replace Diaz in the infield, maybe have Yuli as an infield bench player, and then bring in Brantley/Benintendi/Haniger to be the DH/back up LF to Yordan.

12. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

The lack of options is why he's here.

13. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Backup C
    Utility IF (SS capable)
    Utility OF (CF capable)
    PH Bat

Unless you can fill multiple roles on the bench, there is no room for duplication. Ie Y Diaz can be 3rd C, PH hitter and 1B assuming Lee is C2.

14. the shark

the shark Member

We all have our own opinions and I respect yours, but I got to ask you, in so many of your potential trades you always include Brown. Why?

We've seen his potential (not just in the minors but in the playoffs albeit a small sample size). We just won the WS and it's not just about having good pitching but having elite pitching and as we all know it's extremely hard to find.

We're in this position because we held on to guys like Framber and Javier. They also control Brown for a good number of years. Kid has the potential to be elite. So again I ask why do you include Brown in most of your trade proposals? Just curious.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  15. Radricky

Radricky Member

Lol

16. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

ROFLAO

McCullers struggles to stay healthy but NOT GOOD ENOUGH?

Career: 49-32 W-L 3.48 ERA and 10Ks per 9 innings.

he has had an ERA+ under 100 once in his career (it was 96 in 2017) and he made the all star team that year.

For his career his AVG , OB%, SLG, and OPS against are all better than MLB average despite his BABIP being worse than MLB average.

He led the AL in fewest hits per 9 and fewest HR per 9 innings in 2021.

It can be argued that he is the most talented starter in the Astros rotation which is saying something.

17. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

It's worse in other parts. We are in the Mohawk Valley. Mountains shield us a bit, but you csn count on at least two feet a year at a minimum.
    Put him in touch with me when he gets here. I can show him around.

Nook likes this.
  18. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I appreciate that. I'll run it past him and let you know.

I have an aunt ( his great aunt) who lives close by but he has never met her.

Cicero

Well, closer than Boise, Idaho anyway lol.

19. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

He has had a good run but if Brown advances as quickly as it looks like he will McCullers will be our sixth or seventh starter by next post season. he is terrible the third time through the order and he can seldom get through 5 innings before the third time through comes around. He has always been inefficient and that is not improving either.
    Trading McCullers for Arizona's first baseman Walker would make a lot of sense for both teams. The love for his previous contributions should not interfere with getting the most we can for him while we still can.

20. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

My good friend works for them.
    They did the last Tony Hawk here and Seattle I believe.