1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

We need a Point Guard!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, Nov 12, 2022.

?

Do you think we need a new point guard or keep KPJ as our point guard?

1. Keep KPJ

15 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. Trade for a Point Guard

64 vote(s)
    81.0%
  1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's true, you don't have to move him, certainly not next year, when we'll have a ton of cap space, but do we want him to take up a significant amount of that space? Food for thought.

2. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Silas will not bench Porter because he knows Porter throw his lunch at him during pregame. Also, I like Porter and I know Stone loves him because he is from the same area as him, but he have to see we need a leader.

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I gotta start copy and pasting my responses.. I can use the same ones at least twice a week on here..

4. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We need a veteran point guard right now so he can help our 3 potential Star players. Green, Smith and Sengun all has elite skills and need a veteran point guard to play with, and a leader to help them win close games. Also, what Porter did at the end of the game was dumb. The Pelican’s point guard always act that way against every team in the NBA, but when he does it against Porter-he wants to place a hard foul and wants to fight him. Now…..now there is no dumb GM will trade for this guy. Porter lost the game for us, we lost trade value for Porter and we are desperate for a veteran point guard.

HorryForThree likes this.
  5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I THINK WE NEED A BIG MAN!

What no one is talking about is when Boban came in the game last night, he changed the feel of the game!

If the Rockets had a big man, a true center, it'll take pressure off of their guards and add defensive stability.

abaker28 likes this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

Better pray ShaiPJ doesn't see this thread
    [​IMG]

Ancient Moabite and King1 like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hello knee meet jerk.

DD

HP3 likes this.
  8. Xopher

Xopher Member

You are in charge of creating the "Fire Silas" thread tomorrow.

javal_lon likes this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You guys are idiots . We just signed him to a great extension.

Our PG is Tate . I’ve been saying this since his rookie year . Guy looks like a manu / billups to me . If he can bring his shot up he’s our guy . Late bloomer . Studs defender. Team captain . Keeps the call moving . That’s the PG .

as far as who actually gets the ball that could be all 4 other players . That’s what the PG does . Distribute the ball and keep it moving . Tate’s game is suited to bounce around get the ball , threaten to drive and score (where he is big and left handed ) . he can bang down low . Or he can put back , make hustle plays etc .

If he just gets a bit more of a perimeter game he is gonna be so so good .

kpj , green , smith spit up shooting / cutting . Sengun screen and passing . Tate doing the same .

Jabari looked a bit better last night . (At least in the highlights )

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

It’s been the same thing for years now. The knee needs a joint repair and by now you probably now that; BUT Porter is a means to an end of mediocrity. Championships are the goal.

clutchdabear and HorryForThree like this.
  11. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

You're right - we're in season two with enough of a sample size to determine whether it's time to shift gears.

The issue isn't mediocrity. This team will be bad with a better facilitator. It's the lack of progress and development for others because of kpjs poor pg play. Other rebuilding teams in our boat are developing their guys much better with facilitators -- just look at the pistons, magic, and thunder. I would argue this season has been far more encouraging for them than us.

clutchdabear likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

love tate but lol sengun is magic johnson for tate! you name it and sengun is better at it than tate and its not even close

13. Fantasma Negro

Been saying this

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

all speculation until tate gets back , but i think tate is a better : shooter , ball handler , defender , quicker .

sengun is good and really could be great . but he's not the Dawg that Tate is right now . He's leading the pack of puppies , but not in his prime . Tate is nearly there . He just needs to be put in position and have the players around him .

Sengun can be Rasheed Wallace to Tate's Chauncey Billups . Sheed was more talented Than Billups , but Chauncey was steady and a killer. and if sengun can get consistency he could be better than Sheed. But right now hes just not old enough . NBA is a man's marathon.

Im pissed Tate has been out . WTF did rockets mismanage his injury ? Are we hiding anything . This mystery ankle injury is gonna cost him 1/4 th of fthe season .

we are tanking . I beleive Tate is this good , but of course i need to see it .

15. fattz

fattz Member

The mediocrity is long term… not enough talent to make a true difference. Porter is a pawn in a bigger game for higher draft picks. Come on you truly believe the story of a talented misunderstood athlete get a chance of a lifetime to start on a NBA team, playing a new position he has never played before, at the expense of a former AllStar. That we take a kid that had problems from ever team he has ever played for and invest at the expense of other younger, more talented, more potential and more gifted players for his personal development. Come on you can’t see that Porter is an on purpose project to collect highest draft picks as possible? Sadly the emotionally unstable kid hasn’t figured it out yet. Porter is on purpose but not for his benefit.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

More to the thought above, if the owner’s son was a player and treated the same way the franchise has treated Porter most would say it was unfair, unbelievable and unrealistic for a franchise to give that much to one player.

17. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

We need a playmaker. Don't really matter what position. It's best for KPJ to come off the bench. He's best when he is concentrate to score. Like Lou Williams.

fattz likes this.
  18. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

19. comrade

comrade Member

Would Spurs deal Tre Jones?
    Would Bulls deal Lonzo Ball?
    Would Celtics deal Marcus Smart?

Probably not. :(

20. Ancient Moabite

If Sengun had R Wallace natural 3 range ability n post up jumper ability his only fans on here would crown him a better version of Bird n Jokic/B Walton/Sabonis Sr combined