1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

That’s not a real plan. He could turn out like Spencer Rattler. On top of that we likely won’t have the number 1 pick and if he’s as good as you think he is, no team with those picks is trading out of those spots.

houston19519 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

We won’t be good again next year, no matter who’s at QB. There’s still a massive talent deficit. Maye will likely go top 10 in a loaded class. We have the ammo to move up if needed.
    I know it’s not the best plan and full of what ifs, but this kid is special. Rattler isn’t even close to a comp in situation. Rattler had one of the best coaches in college football and a stacked roster full of 5 star recruits.
    This is North Carolina, one of the worst defenses in college football. The kid is leading rusher on the team and the best numbers in college football across the board

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Watched Bryce. He is the guy in this draft. Gives me Pat Mahomes vibes with his ability to think on the fly. Can stand in the pocket and make small movements to evade the rush while keeping his eyes down the field. Also on time consistently with routes. Huge upgrade to Mills. Take him and you probably go 500 next year with Demeco Ryans as the coach.

5. FEDEXROCKETS13

Would yall consider taking Bryce in the first this year see how he's developing and if he's not up to par by the time manning comes out go after manning? If that makes any sense lol

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. FEDEXROCKETS13

Or go defense heavy or offensive heavy this year and hold out hope onthe 24' qb class

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

This sounds like the same kind of planning that all the Quinn Ewers guys were on about earlier in the season and we see how that turned out. I’d pick Bryce and if it doesn’t work out then I’d re evaluate later, but I wouldn’t be trying to target a prospect who hasn’t even played in college yet. People get too hype about the next big thing and don’t want to wait to see if that person can remain successful over a long period of time.

Rudyc281, Sooty, Fulgore and 2 others like this.
  8. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Not sure what North Carolina’s defense has to do with Drake Maye playing on offense. Is his offensive line trash? How about his receivers? What kind of system are they running? What about the defenses he’s facing? Those are the important questions. NC’s defense only matters when explaining their overall record.

I only bring up Spencer Rattler because he was being hyped as the next big thing and then over time he got worse and worse. I don’t think that will happen to Drake Maye, but we don’t know and it’s already happening with Will Levis and Quinn Ewers.

houston19519 likes this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The defense plays into their record, and Rattler is no where close to Maye as a prospect. He’s a better prospect than Young

raining threes likes this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

As much as I like Bryce skillset, he has a high bust potential due to his size.
    If you miss on a QB that sets you back big time.

raining threes likes this.
  11. conquistador#11

Aren't y'all the same that were talking about the massiveness of Nick's Richard? Seems like I have more faith now in Nick than some of you.
    If they take Young or Stroud, Nick has shown he can make great selections and fill the holes with the rest of the draft.
    You just can't keep punting because you something shinier every season. We could just wait for Tom Brady's kid because Cooper's kid will take too many seasons to win a superbowl.

houston19519, Rudyc281, Sooty and 4 others like this.
  12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Haven't seen Maye but I see he putting up big numbers.. But TJ Yates and Trubisky scarred me so I'm not interested lol.. I'll probably pay attention next year around the 8th week..

Rudyc281, Fulgore and red5rocket like this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Maye is different, none of those guys put up the numbers and have the total package he does.
    He’s also from an athletic family. Super athletic

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Lions win again

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Steelers, Lions, Panthers win. Texans and Browns lose. Raiders still to play.

Productive week for the Texans.

Rudyc281, red5rocket and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

One week closer to Bryce. Let’s go !!!

17. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Bryce Young has the most talent in college football surrounding him and yet Alabama is on the outside looking in for the playoffs... A concern. Kyler Murray vibes -- not good. Keep in mind, if you use the top pick on a QB, and they turn out to be just an average QB in the NFL... it sets you back years. There are very few Josh Allens, Patrick Mahomes, Drew Brees, etc in the world. I simply don't see one this year. A first round QB who doesn't pan out is devastating to a franchise.

I don't see a clear cut #1 QB in this draft. May be best to take a sure thing and stack the defense with our picks.

cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That's the benefit of having two number ones the next three years. Easier to cut bait and you can still stock the shelves.

Most of the blame in Tuscaloosa is being put on O'Brien, by the way. And they've lost a lot of receiving talent.

Deep Steel Truth likes this.
  19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Maye is really good

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I think your thinking of the Alabama teams of old….a report came out saying no other offensive player on Alabama is a first round grade other then Bryce.