1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luka Doncic = James Harden

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, May 29, 2022.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

sounds like Harden. Honestly somehow Luka looked to be even fatter than Harden, I don't remember Harden running out of gas 11 games into the season even if he did decline in the playoffs.

They need to pair Luka up with a CP3 type who can take over, or else they will never go anywhere

Easy likes this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

Dallas is going to end up running Luka out of town. Letting Brunson walk and convincing Mavs fans that it was a good move was quite the accomplishment.

Entropy, pippendagimp, pmac and 6 others like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Luka’s jumper looks solid, yet just a career 74% free throw shooter and career 34% from 3…I get he takes difficult threes, but he was 32% on catch and shoots last year…25% this year

he hasn’t been better than 34% on catch and shoot threes since his rookie year

it’s weird

ElPigto likes this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Some shooters prefer shooting with the rhythm of dribbling over shooting while standing still like C&S or FT.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden was like that, but he was still a 80+% free throw shooter and 40% catch and shoot

Luka shoots bricks while having a nice looking jumper…he doesn’t have the mechanics of a career 74% free throw shooter or someone who can barely shoot 30% on catch and shoot IMO

3-9 on free throws last night

BallSoHarden likes this.
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Already tiring and no where close to matching this…

JumpMan likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Unsurprising
    Fatigue is a beast

Rocket River

daywalker02 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  8. Asian Sensation

And? A huge drop in all his numbers the only time it matters for Harden. All his numbers (including your beloved TS %) dipped in a huge way again except for his turnover numbers.

And….. Another 2nd round Harden exit. Typical.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

jordnnnn, BigM and i3artow i3aller like this.
  10. Asian Sensation

Jalen Brunson was that dude. Incredibly efficient ball handler and can get his own buckets. 3pt shot has disappeared but I’m sure it will pick up again. He doesn’t take a ton of them to begin with which is smart instead of spamming and trying to force the issue.

apollo33 likes this.
  11. Ancient Moabite

Harden put in serious work during that stretch, and to think Wilt did that first six or seven seasons of career ppg wise

12. i3artow i3aller

13. LukaMVP

LukaMVP Member

Doncic has been playing like a superstar since his rookie year, beard spent quite a few years playing off the bench as the 6th man for Thunder.

14. i3artow i3aller

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Close to 6'8 guy with that kind of court vision is unreal.

16. i3artow i3aller

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

young Lebron in today’s NBA would be insane

Bron’s Cavs averaged 98 ppg that year, good for 15th in the league

Luka’s Mavs are averaging 110, good for 22nd in the NBA

ElPigto likes this.
  18. BballFacts

BballFacts Member

Did you notice Harden played with 2 superstars in Durant and Westbrook and he had to fit in and carve out his niche? Luka didn't come to the mavs with any resistance except fir Dennis Smith Hr and they quickly shipped him out of town to free up the ball for Luka to hog full time and also Luka saw the Harden blueprint and he's playing JUST like Harden. Harden created this is style unique to anything the league has ever seen. Prime Harden was more athletic and could dunk.on you as well and was by far a much greater foul drawing player. It's not even close.

Luka is a poor man's Harden, Hardens mental toughness in postseason and lack of desire for defense was his main weaknesses.

wlekfjv923n likes this.
  19. i3artow i3aller

20. RocketsDraftTV

Historic game from Luka tonight

I just hope harden gets his credit for pioneering the high usage guard era. Nba teams are looking for the next harden, not the next curry. That’s why prospects like cade, Anthony edwards, and fultz can go high in the draft because they want to replicate what harden started.