1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 4: The Green Revolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022.

?

How many wins will Jalen lead us to?

1. 20-29 wins

125 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 30-39 wins

61 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 40-49 wins

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 50-59 wins

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Nothing to worry about. We were always going to come to the point where people doubt Green's winning DNA.

Jalen and Jabari trust their teammates a lot to set them up for good shots and it's taking a little time for the team offense to function well and stabilize. It's starting to come around so I'm not worried about that. Jalen is once again forced into adversity by having to create his own shots more often than we were expecting him to. That's going to sharpen his skills where it needs sharpening. Has a good defensive motor but his consistency and execution will get better.

I have a feeling he's going to have a special game against the Warriors on the 21st. Expect better efficiency and better defense between now and the 12th of December.

From roughly the 12th of December onwards and for a loooong time after that, Green is going to be known as an elite scorer in this league.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, quality of teams (so far) drops off after the 12th of Dec. so would agree, but interested in the Warriors game comment. What gives you the feeling regarding a special game against them? Genuinely interested here btw... not looking to be critical.

Mathloom likes this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

When Jalen steps into his 3 point pull up without breaking stride at about 3/4 speed, like he did off the catch from a fantastic transition pass from Gordon last night in the 1st period - it's just about the prettiest damn thing you'll ever see.

#263 SamFisher, Nov 10, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    RocketWalta and O-dawg like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You damn forgot how a fine woman could look like.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jalen appealing to the "mildly" homophobic boomers on here! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

[​IMG]

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

7. kiwirocketsfan

I watch Green almost exclusively when Rockets are on D and I think he's made huge strides and is a plus on that end now. I think he can lose focus off the ball still, but he seems to be committed to good team defense.

Dobbizzle, Mathloom, Caesar and 3 others like this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When he's guarding one on one I rarely see his opponent get a clean look off. Obviously of it's someone like Barnes who has a lot of mass over him and is backing him up into the paint he has no chance but that's coaching as Green should never be switched on someone 70 lbs more than him in the paint area.

Dobbizzle, xaos and BelgianRocketsFan like this.
  9. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep, that fit is a miss.

10. Ancient Moabite

I guess this will mildly irritate the heterophobia boomers on here, balance is such a beautiful thing, the yin n yang boom-etry

11. fchowd0311

Don't get why athletic people don't wear fitted clothes. I'm not even talking about skinny jeans or tight fitting clothes. Just properly fitted clothes. Show off what you got.

12. Ancient Moabite

With most of today's athlete/entertainers wearing super tight clothes / skinny jeans etc in droves its almost like coming across a dinosaur/mammoth seeing Green wear so called baggy attire

So Saith Red likes this.
  13. Dredd

Dredd Member

I wear fitted clothing.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

When I fly im dressing just like that. As comfortable as possible. The whole suit and tie gameday thing athletes used to do was more strange than this to me.

15. fchowd0311

It doesn't have to be suits and ties though. There are even fitted sweat pants. But ya on long travel I definitely understand wanting loose clothing to feel comfortable.

Btw you know me. This ain't no judgement of his character. We know who those type of posters are.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

wow people he is leaving the airport it looks like. these guys fly a million miles a year and you posters are wanting him to wear clothes to show off his physique ?? good lord

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

18. Ancient Moabite

I actually agree with his attire, I was just having a comedian moment with who I replied to, tight jeans are for child bearing women

peleincubus and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. fchowd0311

Here is a non-Rocket fan analysis of Green's progression so far and what he needs to work on. Good constructive criticism.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Literally just a feeling I have about that game.