1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will this be the end of Election Deniers/ Maga?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Nov 9, 2022.

?

End of Maga

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    93.0%
  1. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Election denial is just the symptom that dovetails with MAGA xenophobia that immigrants, legal or illegal, are taking away jobs, opportunities, government support and votes. MAGA xenophobia just happens to have convenient bedfellows from racists, but keep in mind that the Irish and the Italians were discriminated against as well (though they were still better off than the Chinese, who couldn't even naturalize).

So no, MAGA is not going away. It might get a different name, but it's always been with us and will always be with us.

rocketsjudoka and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Oz and Walker came within an inch of winning, Walker can still win, Dems lost the House and can still lose the Senate.

I understand the relief some have, but it's like celebrating that the Rockets only lost by 5 instead of 20.

If Oz and Walker were replaced with candidates who were less of freak shows but held the same views on the 2020 election I think they probably win comfortably.

I'm glad Dems weren't blown out but we still have a very long way to go before I'm feeling optimistic

mdrowe00 and ROCKSS like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Walker currently being in "recount status" is such a cringe moment. I better leave it at that before "sounding authoritarian" :rolleyes:

DeSantis is not a maga candidate.

He'll aim at distinguishing himself against the Trump brand but he knows going center is a fools game this early on.

Look for the rest of his term to inflict as much "liberal tears" as possible. The loathing and spite for libs is not a MAGA exclusive.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Anyways regardless of what happens there will be op-eds about how the left is to blame.

mdrowe00, B-Bob and rocketsjudoka like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

GA's Lt. governor discusses moving on from Trump.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. Major

Major Member

DeSantis is 100% MAGA. He has a rift with Trump because Trump sees him as a threat, but they appeal to the same people using the same methods and same agendas. DeSantis in 2018 ran his race on a pure MAGA platform and was Trump's first "my support helps people will elections" success story.

Rashmon, deb4rockets, Newlin and 2 others like this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I imagine the reaction of PA MAGA people this morning like this.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I hope it is the beginning of the end for MAGA. And I really hope that DeSantis positions himself AWAY from MAGA.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It was a mid term election with inflation being a major negative for the incumbents. Democrats did well.

10. adoo

adoo Member

both are WEAK candidates who lost, despite Biden's low rating and an economy plagued w the highest inflation ever

ur making my points that both are WEAK candidates.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

DeSantis won by redistricting Florida so he could win.....

That is ridiculous.

DD

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  12. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

It'll get stronger since they'll have conviction that midterms were stolen.

As they become more extremist and lose future elections, they will keep deny results until they become violent. Rinse and repeat until the civil war / insurgency.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  13. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It was a statewide race.

Districts did not matter.

Xopher, AroundTheWorld, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was a statewide race. Democrats have a real problem in Florida.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Donald Trump is 76
    Chances of him making it to 86 . . .. low maybe?
    (Bad diet and health etc)

What does a MAGA Party look like without Trump?

Rocket River

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More right wing unfortunately. DeSantis is more right wing than Trump, and there are plenty of big mouths in the party like MTG who hold that White Nationalist right wing bigots and race baiting stance.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

going by boebert who has 49.99% of the votes. maga will never die. they should just put putin on their next ballot.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't believe this election was a referendum on Trump / MAGA at all.

The GOP (SCOTUS) made a critical error in overturning Roe V Wade, that was enough to turn the election when they have literally everything going their way with the economy tanking, inflation running wild, food and fuel prices soaring the border issues the Saudi's making a fool of Biden who had the lowest approval rate of any POTUS in recent memory at the mid term point.

Not only did that wake up the Dem base but it alienated a whole lot of centrist voters .... I stayed on the sidelines and that was a major factor & heard similar from quite a few people in the last 24 hours.
    I think they hemorrhaged the female vote across the country as a result.

They f***ed up their own wet dream when they messed with 50 years of precedent.

I really think if the SCOTUS hadn't overturned RVW before the mid terms, we'd have seen a much different result. (That's NOT saying I think overturning RVW is a good idea, it was terrible),

People said reproductive rights > economy & Joe's ineptitude ...

As for MAGA, don't believe it's that big of a coalition, probably less than 10% of the "voters on the right" they are just the loudest of the bunch, squeaky wheel gets the grease .... kinda like the wingnuts on the other side, they make the news just the same.

Xerobull and AroundTheWorld like this.