1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only one think Ryan Hollins is super annoying?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Risingred, Nov 7, 2022.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He is extremely vanilla. I can't find the energy to hate him.

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

We're coming off Bill forgetting half the players names and what arena they're in, Clyde offering no analysis beyond calling every player a "consummate professional" and Bull always discovering extremely common advanced stats and explaining them to everyone like they're toddlers over the course of 3 possessions. Ryan's fine.

daywalker02 and kdchilds like this.
  3. xWiCkeDx

xWiCkeDx Member

I actually like Ryan. First part of last season he was a bit rough, but he's gotten a lot better since then. He actually often times says what I'm thinking while watching the game. Like how certain times the tag man doesn't come and give the help they should've to help one of our bigs. Little things like that which we didn't have before.

4. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin Member

He is definitely super annoying. He also does not like Sengun.

aaquaa and FuryFC like this.
  5. bmelo

bmelo Member

Overal i preffered Worell with Clyde. Ryan is better than Bullard though. I just think the duo has not enough character, but Hollins is the better one imo

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Definitely do not get this sense at all...

Zen Tabak likes this.
  7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I think someone told him to make it exciting, coming from a much older broadcaster in Worrell, I have a feeling someone said make it exciting so the youth like it, and the youth like the Hornets announcers. Hollins sounds like he is trying to be like the Hornets guy, but doing an impression of him instead of it being organic.

8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

No, you are not the only one.

FuryFC likes this.
  9. Good Times

Good Times Member

Listen to one Utah game and you’ll really appreciate him. Those Utah broadcasters are the worst I’ve ever heard, it’s like their players can do no wrong.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ryan's much better than Clyde or Bull. I still like the dude. I think Bill would've had a heart attack doing pbp next to Ryan, though. There are some layups to pull us within 12 that sound more like NBA Finals game-winning shots after Ryan's through with them.

Rox_fan_here likes this.
  11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I like him. He has good energy.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  12. NateNate

NateNate Member

The only thing that annoys me about him is that he’s constantly repeating Craig’s name lol.

13. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

He talks about himself too much and UCLA, he loves Sengun.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

You can start by looking at some of the best players in the league... Jokic, Doncic, Embiid to name a few.

I love Sengun but he travels/turns it over in the post too much to say he has the best footwork.

15. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

I like him until Garuba gets into the game.

The "UZI/USI! I SEE YOU" irritates me so much.

And why call him Uzi? It's not shortening his name at all it's still 2 syllables.

Dovahkiin and FuryFC like this.
  16. French Toast Malone

French Toast Malone New Member

I love bill, but listening to him the last few years was rough. Ryan is not great but still better than Bullard. 20% cringy vs 99% cringy.

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

He’s ok and does call out the players if they are not doing what they need to. He needs to lose the “coach Stephen Silas”, BBQ chicken crap. He complains when the ball doesn’t move as it should and he is correct. Unfortunately, its always about the players not coaching. It seems every announcer has to try and sell a catch phrase, like the Astros “see ya later” (horrible) and Hollins BBQ Chicken and texans rock and roll. Either come up with something clever or quit trying to make some stupid catch phrase be your signature.

FuryFC likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I kinda liked it, most unique, genuine commentators like Worrell, Drexler, Bullard.

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Seems like a good guy but he isn't good otherwise. He supports those twitter idiots so I do question his intelligence

FuryFC likes this.
  20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

He’s fine. I don’t listen and think he’s ****ing awful like Clyde. He’ll likely improve as well.