1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros World Champions

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Nov 5, 2022.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Rockets, Astros, and Oilers all made either the championship round or the penultimate championship round within their first 20 years of playing in Houston.

The Texans, in year 21, are about to bottom out (again) for the 4th time? Or 5th time?

You’re right, there is no comparison…

2. PhiSlammaJamma

To all 5 year old Astros fans. Yes. This is exactly what it's like!

Stephen66 likes this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Did the petite chic take the big girl’s taco?
    Those idiots sitting around filming are same little bastards that stay at a green light for a 5 second count bc they’re so addicted to their pos phone.

4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

I know there were 5 seasons without the NFL in Houston but it's truly pathetic that between the Houston Oilers and the Texans, our NFL teams haven't played in an AFC championship game since the 1979 season.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

It would be different if a Jim Crane type owned the Texans. The McNairs only care about beer and ticket sales. Not winning.

persian hoopa, Plowman and marks0223 like this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Pretty cool, I like that you can spam the firework button afterward.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Type in ‘Phillies’ and you get :

[​IMG]

jk but that would be epic

9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Okay say the Astros manage to extend this dynasty to say 4 more ALCS, and 2 more AL pennants, and 1 more World Series Title.

Would that make Houston a baseball city?

I know people always say that about the Texans, but they are no where close to doing that. All you need is a generation of kids/young adults who only know of the Astros being the dominant team in the city and country for a long stretch.

#629 rpr52121, Nov 7, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, that would be amazing!

Tfor3 likes this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I think you underestimate how many football only fans there are in Texas. While the town goes crazy during October, a lot of these Astros fans will more or less go away for the other 11 months save for wearing some gear and going to the occasional game. The sport simply doesn't have the wide appeal Football does here. Don't get me wrong, the Astros will do well in every regard, football is just on a different tier.

Even moderate competence and the Texans would rule the roost again. The vast majority of Astros fans would also becomes full time huge Texans fans if they were good. Having said that there's no reason to expect moderate competence from that clown show, and they have done an almost unthinkable amount of damage to the passion of their fanbase. The Texans will have more to say about this becoming a full time Astros town than the Astros will.

If you would have told me 10 years ago that I would care this little about the Texans I would never have believed you.

rpr52121 and jiggyfly like this.
  13. RussE

RussE Member

No hit in your own ballpark during the WS. How embarrassing.

F U Philly fan. Winner winner chicken dinner for your WS champ Houston Astros.

****walks away smiling****

Tfor3, Marteen and Jake Tower like this.
  14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This is such a beautiful thing. I got goosebumps when they announced Pressly.

CCity Zero, Tfor3, BigM and 7 others like this.
  15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The same. I can handle a team being bad. I can handle a team being legendary bad, but with a long term positive outlook. The Texans have screwed up almost every way imagineable.

sealclubber1016 and crose like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Until game 2 the only time I got to see Pressley pitch at home was when he pitched for the Twins in Target Field.

At game 2 the people with me started tapping me to get my phone out and I was sure what it was for but damn was it AWESOME!

17. Entropy

Entropy Member

Anyone else notice that ESPN, First Things First, and Undisputed (on youtube at least) got the memo to not give the Astros world series win any sports coverage or discussion? Its as if the Astros never won at all.

mario_v, Stephen66 and tehG l i d e like this.
  18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Not I. Though, ESPN is a historic relic, and I didn't know the other two existed until a few seconds ago.

#638 Joe Joe, Nov 8, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    crose likes this.
  19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Even I don't remember the first two AFL Championships by the Oilers. I had to read about them.

There was a growing Hockey fan base in Houston in the seventies with the Aeroes, but the NHL did not see fit to bring the Aeroes on board when the league (WHL?) folded like it did other teams.

Plowman likes this.
  20. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

That is a crime the broadcast didn't show this before going to commercial break. Would have been epic to just watch it with no commentary. Missed opportunity by the producers there.

mikol13 likes this.