1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don't like Jalen's attitude

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1510 Polk St, Nov 1, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is based off of Green's like 5 game stretch of playing bad?

2. Calvin Murphy's Law

Perhaps I wasn't clear: my concerns predated our drafting Green.
    Both concerns were greatly increased during his first 2/3 of the season, while my concern regarding his shooting was then somewhat lessened during his final 1/3.

I think he'll be a good player, and he has exceeded my (admittedly not very high) expectations. I'm decidedly less high on him than most here though.

LeDakota likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

Oh maybe this is due to you not being that bright when it comes to NBA basketball discussion?

4. fchowd0311

Green played 67 games last season. That means his last 33 games would be considered half his NBA rookie season.

He shot 38% on 7 attempts per game for half his NBA rookie season. Not a third. Your arguments aren't as solid when you actually have to use accurate data huh?

5. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

No need to get offended when you hear the truth. Im pretty sure you also know that Jalen doesn’t play like a 2nd pick, at least not yet. Take it easy.

you can see how Hyland plays right now. It sounds silly if you say he looks worse than Jalen.

His playstyle is like a street baller but if you gonna play like that, play like him.

#185 LeDakota, Nov 6, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
  6. fchowd0311

You actually posted a highlight video of a game as evidence

Omg.

7. fchowd0311

He looks worse than Jalen

8. fchowd0311

Man imagine Green playing on a competent offense that generated spacing and off ball movement.

Carpe82 likes this.
  9. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

how consistent is he? Tell me then. I haven’t seen any progress compared to last year. Why does his shooting look worse now? As a 2nd pick, he has to show some gradual improvement and as of now his game looks pretty much the same as last year. He doesn’t do anything better than what he did last season.

10. Calvin Murphy's Law

You seem to be inferring a much more combative tone than I've been meaning to imply.

But sure, if you want to swap 2/3 and 1/3 for 1/2, then my statement stands as before.

I'm still somewhat concerned about his shot (less to do with form, which I think is not pretty, but he seems to do fine with it), but rather streakiness.
    I'm much more concerned with his handle though.

I should emphasize again: I'm not unhappy we drafted Green. He'll be a good player in this league for a long time. I'm skeptical he'll be a superstar, but reasonable minds may differ (he definitely has a chance).

LeDakota likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

His form? It's a quick one motion release with the right amount of arc. I've seen Pistons fans literally say that when they watch Jalen play he looks like someone who can get a clean effortless shot up anytime unlike Cade.

12. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

I know you can’t evaluate objectively but at least I tried.

13. fchowd0311

Bones Hyland is a after thought on the Nuggets. You get that right? The Nuggets have a superstar gravity player that generate immense spacing. NBA defenses aren't planning for Bones Hyland.

NBA lead scoring guards like Green after the NBA has tape on their rookie season adjust their defense. Green just has to readjust. And it's like a 5 game sample of him struggling for goodness sakes.

Are you going to say he made massive improvements just because he has a following 5 game hot shooting stretch?

20 year olds being streaky? Absurd. How can this be?

14. fchowd0311

I know the arguments you make have nothing behind them. You posted a highlight video of him having one hot shooting night as evidence. Green has had many hot shooting nights in his short career already.

15. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

H
    fchowd0311 got offended for learning the truth about Jalen. Speaking about how his current situation right now will not hurt Jalen, think of that as a spark to his motivation. If he is gonna be the leader of this team, he has to play like a leader. Simple as that.

16. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Which teams has defensive plans for Jalen? Have they ever brought double team to him? Sorry I don’t see any of those, and no need to take defensive precautions against a player not being able to create his own shot and score efficiently. The only player in the roster got to be double teamed so far is Sengun so actually spacing isn’t the issue here.

You got my point about Hyland. Clear as a bright sunny day right now that he is a better shooter and has better handles under any circumstances compared to Green. That doesn’t mean Green won’t improve and play like a 2nd pick. IMO his ceiling isn’t as high as supposed. I don’t ever see him to change from being passive player and there is no dog in him.

A 2nd pick shouldn’t even say a sentence like that. Of course you gotta learn but gotta play for the WIN.

17. fchowd0311

I saw one play were Sengun was doubled.

And your knowledge of basketball is very limited if you only see doubles as evidence of teams gameplanning.

Sengun for how great he is is the opposite of someone like Jokic when it comes to spacing the floor. He isn't a floor spacer. Until Jabari becomes a consistent outside shooting threat we have no bigs that are floor spacers.

Right now the paint is clogged when the guards try to drive in the paint. This is a horrible offense when it comes to spacing. Probably the worst in the NBA.

Carpe82 likes this.
  18. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Sengun is the one finding open guys on the floor and got doubled teamed more than anyone in this roster. Watch the games again sometime.

Give me one example of how teams take defensive precautions against Jalen. ok I accept my knowledge is limited then tell how he creates problems for opposing teams.

19. fchowd0311

Sengun has the same amount of assists per game as turnovers per game.

20. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

my question wasn’t about Sengun so probably you have no answer for those but ok let me explain. If Silas let him operate as an offensive hub in the post or even around perimeter, his assist numbers will be higher as how it was yesterday. Turnovers? You mentioned him like having 5 turnovers every game.

Ankara1923 likes this.