1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Victor Wembanyama tank thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lunareste, Oct 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maj21

maj21 Member

We need Wemby so bad. I just keep thinking about the easy buckets teams get inside and how he would throw it into 5th row :(

2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I mean that’s the entire goal this season. So far so good but still need to finish well and get lucky

clos4life and maj21 like this.
  3. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Right after they trade Gordon and Bari gets his #10.

4. xaos

xaos Member

Been watching his games and the thing is, he can do everything you want your star to do. His team doesn't even run an offense through him (foolish), but almost every time he touches the ball something good happens. Been watching the NBA 20+ years so I didn't get to see Kareem or Ralph as pre-NBA prospects, but he is the the most unique prospects I've ever seen. All of his advantages directly translates to the NBA. Only injuries and his own mentality will stop him from being one of the greats of all time

5. i3artow i3aller

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Houston will have the worst record again and their “reward” will be the 5th pick
    And after being an abomination for 3 years, they’re supposed to flip the switch next year when they send their pick to OKC LOLOLOL @hakeem94

[​IMG]

7. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

Love this thread. It's going to be another long season Rockets fans! What's another bad one at potentially getting a generational talent to change our whole organization? lets have fun and ride the wave! worse comes to worse we get scoot.

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

It's stupid that a 7'4" player has handle. He doesn't even need it. Just jump and shoot.

Considering his abilities though, wouldn't you try to line him up as a forward instead of center? Could you get away with a lineup like Porter-Green-Smith-Wembanyama-Sengun? Bench mob would be Washington-Christopher-Eason-Garuba.

r-fan-since-81, RHU525 and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s exactly what I would do.
    He’s a perimeter oriented offensive player and an eraser on the defensive end.
    That’s gives us size

10. maj21

maj21 Member

Question.. I see what you’re saying with all of this. One thing that Wemby is gonna be great at is his vertical spacing. Idk how that’ll work without him being at the 5 bc Sengun can’t space the floor. I feel like it would limit his abilities. Running Sengun in the post and using everyone else to space is how I would see that lineup functioning. Just wanna see your vision

cmoak1982 and Yung-T like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@J.R.
    this is the beauty of tanking...you dream and in your dream you win the title easy...every lineup works ..players get together well, theres no injuries, or foul trouble and the opponents dont pull up miracle shooting nights ...heck! even the refs go along with your plan...........

then the reality hits hard and nothing is like you thought it would be in your dream...

in reality maybe last year you had better chances of winning it all...and that was the time to go all in...

its still not late we can do it this year before tanking addiction sets in our bones...

OTH consider this scenario

you tank and you draft an athletic 11(yes eleven) feet long player who is fast and jumps that high and that long that he just dunks over everybody from the 3 point line every time down the court...so you win it all and you win it every year

now that scenario wouldnt be so much fun wouldnt it?

youd be soon get bored and calling for adam silver to dismantle your team or suspend your guy and gives you back harsh and strong opponents that can beat you on any given night...youd be missing the REAL BASKETBALL

or imagine fertita does the work behind the scenes, bribes adam silver plus he bribes the refs so they rig the games that rockets always win for the next ten years
    how would you like that?
    still no good?
    of course!

do you see now how irrational is the wish to win by losing on purpose, by stoping to play real basketball for years?
    do you realize now how superficial and anti sport tanking is?

do you even begin to realize tanking is no different than the two scenarios above??

and do you realize now how much more fun is to win it once in 20 years or maybe never win it but play basketball the right way and root for your team to win every single night...root for average players that work and play hard and see or not see their progres from night to night...

nolimitnp and J.R. like this.
  12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Similar to how Timme and Chet worked at Gonazaga. The two man game with Wemby and Sengun, both very good passers would be easy money.
    Pick and roll off the elbow or high post would eat people up.
    Essentially Wemby would be the “4” on offense. Able to create off face ups, or be the screen and roll guy for Alp.

Now, Sengun would also need to develop a passable jump shot to make it really deadly.

13. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

Not like they have any choice in the matter but I'm pretty sure Wemby's representatives are praying that the Rockets don't get the first pick.

Yung-T likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Feels like yesterday when Portland threw games and still didn't get a Top 4 pick.

15. maj21

maj21 Member

I can see that. The Sengun 3 ball would definitely be crucial. I have the vision for defense bc you don’t want Wemby banging with the big bodies down low. Him being like a free safety on D like how Chet was in college could work.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely, let Alp mature and get stronger and he can bang. His body looks more adept.
    That would give us length, height and size at every position. And still have modern day shooting and spacing (specially if Alp develops his shot more)

17. maj21

maj21 Member

Maybe for once we’ll have a team with length. That’s been a huge issues for many years now. The team I actually wanted this season was Sengun, Wood, Jabari, Jalen, and KPJ. Obviously trading wood was the right move, but that was what I was hoping if he would’ve stayed

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

wtf even is this? how does the legend of Wemby keep growing? he's almost a mythical creature at this point.

cmoak1982 and Yung-T like this.
  19. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

Wemba has the top marketing arrangements in the world. That's why he is in 3rd league there in france. They don't want him get exposed. Like BolBol, Weis etc. If you really believe he will match with Jabari Milicic and JGreen, you are out of this world. Wembayama: "Hmm, let me see. Cade, Banchero, Jabari... who is the last one again? oh i see, definitely no meeting with houston organization. thanks."

tanking did not get banchero, did not get cade, so this terrible cycle needs a stop. asap.

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Hope he doesn't keep doing that. Looks like a good way to get undercut and injured. Jumping forward like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.