1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think the Brooklyn Nets will fall apart???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anyname, Jun 25, 2022.

?

Will the nets fall apart

1. Yes

179 vote(s)
    78.2%
  2. No

50 vote(s)
    21.8%
  1. roslolian

roslolian Member

It does something for us (greater chsnce at Wemby).

2. i3artow i3aller

KD waking from his nap to see the latest Qyrie news
    [​IMG]

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Hahaha I love it so much.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If both the Nets and we are among the worst few teams, our chances go from something like just under 15 % to something like close to 30 %, is that right?

TimDuncanDonaut and theDude like this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I know. Im just saying that the likelyhood is the swap is not used this year. Granted it gets more likely with every weird turn.

RudyTBag likes this.
  7. riko

riko Member

The nets are a joke but atleast they showed some backbone here and stood up to this anti semiotic bigot.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

5 games is showing bone for anti-semitism? What if he had instead been Joe Harris that supported a book spouting KKK theories? How much would that suspension last?

9. riko

riko Member

Dude will be out longer. Look at the pr they put out. We won’t be associated with someone of Kyrie stance. This is just the beginning. I would be shocked if he played another game this season. His career might be done.

10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's the way I am figuring it. Even if they don't end up with one of the three worst records, it certainly looks like we are going to have the overall best chance at #1 when you add our two odds together.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is really scary how many online personas are going to bat for Kyrie on Twitter.

I wish it was surprising.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Still waiting for multiple individual NBA players to speak up against Kyrie's stance to demonstrate how wrong he is like they do about other issues that don't affect their paychecks. Still, I hope you're right, to show all forms of discrimination are not okay.

riko, J.R. and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Meyers Lenard doomed his career after an anti-semetic slur. I guess there is more tolerance for a star, and a star that is known for his outlandish behavior (ignorance) and view of the world. I will be interested to see if and how much his next contract is. Definitely won't be a multi-year deal, but Sacramento still exists.. and loves to play musical chairs with their point guards.

Joe Harris would be banned from the league. Wouldn't be able even to return as a towell boy or as a patron. Not even in Utah.

clos4life and riko like this.
  14. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Its got to be a desperate team looking to win, Lakers still seem the most likely, they may have just gotten a discount on him now. All he has to do is apologize, and delete twitter for 4 years and collect ~$200M with a couple of 2 year deals. Beyond spreading hate, someone needs to just tell him that expressing your views in a public forum does nothing , even if you had a view point that made sense, you arent going to convince people who think differently to change their views with tweets. It really does nothing for anyone, you arent educating anyone via twitter. Kayne just put himself in a 30 day timeout from everything, Kyrie needs to do this for 4-6 years.

clos4life likes this.
  15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

With Kyrie out and the rest of the roster a disaster KD likely needs to play about 46 minutes a night.

Can’t wait until the Nets trade Kyrie for Westbrick and KD can watch Brodie and Simmons toss up bricks all day.

theDude, BallSoHarden and clos4life like this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's mind blowing watching this play out. Certainly, it helps the Rockets with their Nets picks, but it's depressing to read about the well known defenders of the guy. Heck, it's a bummer that there are members here trying to dream up excuses for Irving's comments, even defending them.

17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

What were the comments they were defending? My understanding was he posted a link to an Amazon documentary and didnt communicate he didnt agree with it all, then he did clarify that, but then didnt apologize for posting it? Or did he make it worse like Kanye? Who are the people defending him? I saw Shaq post something that Chris Brussard mentioned about how he can resolve the situation, but am not up to date on who is saying what.

I think Broussard is right in saying that Kyrie could move on from this if he apologizes for hurting people and not clarifying the dangers of misinformation. I did watch the press conference where he was a bit defensive, and I think that is where he should have been more understanding in that moment and recognized he could cause harm by spreading misinformation.

I am not defending Kyrie, just trying to get more info on what the situation is, I don't care to watch a documentary like that if it is false, so will just assume people are correct in that it is false info, but I don't understand why Amazon is able to promote it while being an NBA partner and streaming games and not really getting the same amount of attention for it. If it is a hurtful doc, then the NBA shouldnt be promoting themselves on the same platform this doc is being promoted on.

#237 BallSoHarden, Nov 4, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  18. MystikArkitect

It's hilarious to me how the NBA has bought in lock-stock-barrel to the "woke" culture and things are worse than they have ever been from a PR standpoint. The only thing the woke movement does is embolden those within it to do heinous things because they felt like they were once the oppressed and are now immune. Kyrie over here thinking he isn't a racist and Primo with his d*** hanging out in front of a therapist saying she's a racist because she didn't say anything about it and instead went to the Spurs. Simmons over here abusing mental health exemptions.

We should all be ecstatic that Royce White was not on this team during this time because holy **** would that have been bad.

clutchdabear and King1 like this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What? What does this have to do with "wokeism"?

The type of people who b**** about wokeism the most are the ones who are defending Kyrie and Ye the most. Are you serious?

I think your terminology is wrong here. Are you confused or something?

20. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

This really doesn't have anything to do with "woke"-ness, whatever one's political persuasion. It is just moronic by Kyrie to believe that promoting offensive things won't offend people, or that telling people they shouldn't be offended will magically change their minds. Of course they will be offended. And people will stop being fans of his and the Nets because of that, which makes the NBA lose money. He can ignore that, but the NBA sure as heck won't.