1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think the Brooklyn Nets will fall apart???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anyname, Jun 25, 2022.

?

Will the nets fall apart

1. Yes

179 vote(s)
    78.2%
  2. No

50 vote(s)
    21.8%
  1. my time to shine

Never said it was.

Just responded to a dude saying he couldn’t remember some examples of in season coaching changes helping teams off the top of his head so I gave some.

I haven’t said anything about the nets - but I will now. I think nets will implode too.

2. Ancient Moabite

all g, which is why i said it was more teams than what you mentioned

it's just rare that teams who knee jerk panic 7 games into a long season get the opposite result, which is why i mentioned the Nets because of the coaching change that was on par to who you were initially responding to

yeah the Nets basically imploded in the offseason when they didn't grant KD his wishes, which has carried over to reg. season

3. my time to shine

I don’t need you to tell me all good.

I can tell you all good for making assumptions that clearly weren’t there about my post.

I can post information about times in history about coaching changes helping teams without suggesting this coaching change will help - I don’t think it will.

4. Ancient Moabite

Get out your feelings, it's not all good then, is that better?

which is why i said there are more coaching changes that could be posted that may have worked out but it will still be a overall weak percentage of it actually working since the nba began

i said you were replying to someone who mentioned coaching changes which is why you gave your 3 examples with 2 being champions, which is why i mentioned the Nets since they just had a coaching change so that would make them relative to each other

It is what it be (substitute for all good)

5. i3artow i3aller

6. my time to shine

You aren’t in charge of deciding if it’s all good - you’re the one who was wrong.

You assigned thoughts to me that didn’t exist yet got butthurt and authoritative when I explained the scope of my comment.

If you can’t see your mistakes, that’s fine.

I’m telling you it’s all good that you were wrong.

foh likes this.
  7. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

Will they fall apart? You mean they already are?

8. Ancient Moabite

It wasn't me trying to say who was right or wrong which is why I said all good, because that is an expression from my end meaning its neutral or is what it be, you taking this internet sports chat way too serious

There is no mistake in what I said, and its all good no matter how you took my reply, you gave 3 examples and I commented on that and if that is wrong to you its still all good, it makes me none

Why would I feel butthurt because you gave 3 examples out of 70+ year operating business? What fantasy land are u living in?

9. foh

foh Member

The guy is a local racist/voodoo master. He definitely thinks he knows better on who is wrong here, cause chakras and sh*t. "Get out of your feelings" is a popular verse of his. Good luck

my time to shine likes this.
  10. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Is this a pick swap year, or do we get their pick?

Answered my own question. We get Brooklyn's first rounder in pick in 24 and 26. We have the right to swap in 23, 25, and 27.

#190 nolimitnp, Nov 3, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  11. i3artow i3aller

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The Kyrie controversy isn't going away. Tsai condemned antisemitism, prominent former players (Chuck, Shaq, and Reggie) have denounced Kyrie's actions, and Silver is now publicly addressing the issue. As the Nets are losing anyway I cannot see them trying to re-sign Kyrie in the offseason, nor do a see another team willing to give up significant assets in a sign and trade. KD won't stick around to play with Simmons if Kyrie is gone.

While this situation bodes well for our '24 and '26 picks, I'm bummed to think about how our team benefits from someone's antisemitism. It sucks that Kyrie promotes antisemitic beliefs to a huge audience. I'd rather not have the picks and would give them up if it would stop him.

Williamson likes this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Things just escalated a bit in New Jersey with the FBI warning of a "broad threat" to synagogues in the NJ area.

14. TimDuncanDonaut

o_O indeed.

He started off OK, and then it kind of went off the rails about his own victimization.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

How important is having an elite coach in the season anyways? Especially with a veteran roster. Look at the difference between the Lakers this year and last year with a new coach, and essentially the same weak roster. Ime took over a very good Celtics team, a complete roster, and he took it over from a good coach in Brad Stevens. The Celtics started out slow last year, as they kind of are this year, Ime got a ton of credit for progressing in the playoffs further than expected, I actually had Celtics going to finals before the season began not knowing a thing about Ime.

I have a feeling Ime is getting a lot more credit than he may deserve, if he was so valuable why did the Celtics let him walk, when the league didnt even suspend him? It was a team suspension, and Nets seem content with whatever he did being in the past. I don't know the details on what he did specifically. I doubt he will make a significant difference, I think the issue is with the roster, their role players declined quickly and seem to be injury prone, KD and Kyrie are having to do a ton, and given their history it is likely they will need to rest or rehab injuries at some point due to this type of usage. Brooklyn and LAL seem very similar in their issues.

Corrosion and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

That's the sad part of all of this. Kyrie's views have dangerous real world consequences. If he promotes the message that Jews have stolen his heritage and are conspiring to control the world, radicals will take it as a call to arms. We know what happens when that mindset becomes mainstream.

17. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Kyrie suspended. I love that mess

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Gotta say, the Nets are falling apart sooner than I expected. I feel conflicted as I was not hoping for it to be like this.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  19. elvis

elvis Member

Rockets MVP 2022. Kyrie?

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

We can only hope