1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Developing] Nancy Pelosi's husband violently beaten with hammer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Oct 28, 2022.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What? There is a large list. We can look at the post claiming the police said they each had a hammer when the video shows police referencing them both holding a single hammer.

If want to know about how they determined that call the post. There are a number of possibilities, but I don't know and haven't been shown reason to doubt the article as written.

You've provided zero reasons to doubt it other than your professed ignorance about how could find out.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Ligma Johnson

CNBC reported that these two guys were laid off at Twitter, didn't correct it for a day.

Stop pretending the media is always correct (when you like the spin in that instance).

It's a really simple question. I tried to search 4chan (admittedly I am not familiar with the site). I could not find any poster with his name.

How would the Washington Post know your real name from your posts here? Simple question.

3. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm not pretending the media is always correct by any means. However, if you believe they are incorrect, then the obligation to show that is on you. You haven't shown the story was incorrect in any way. The only thing you brought up is that you aren't aware of how they would know the posts came from him. You being unaware, doesn't prove anything or give any reason for anyone else to doubt. Perhaps you could call the news agency and ask.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

There is no obligation whatsoever on me. You are clutching at straws, kid.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't know about other folks, but I recognize my anonymity here is paper-thin. From facts I've volunteered about my life, a reporter should have it figured out in under 5 minutes.

jiggyfly, Nook, dobro1229 and 2 others like this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You aren't obligated if you don't mind your posts being laughed at and you being accurately labeled as conspiracy theorist.

I may have been mistaken in believing in giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were actually trying to make a point. If you don't want to make a point and just claim that things aren't accurate because you don't understand how the reporter found the pieces of information they found, then that is up to you.

There are numerous ways they could uncover the identity that he used, but I have no idea which of these ways they would use, or if they used a different way than the ones I could think of. It isn't possible for anyone on this board to know which of the multiple ways they might have used. Like I said, you are free to call them and ask them. Or if you have actual evidence that they were not accurate in their reporting, you can post it. Otherwise all you are doing is saying that you don't know how they could have done it.

You not knowing how they could do it, isn't proof anything at all, and doesn't show their story to be inaccurate.

dobro1229 likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Sure. I am curious to know how that would work on 4chan.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's just asking quet people! Calm down. Sheesh!

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That's a separate issue than the article being incorrect.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

The state of the GQP.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So I read the whole document with which DePape was charged. Looks like there was no third person present, and Pelosi opened the door for the police. And this calls into question Mr. Pelosi calling DePape a friend. That must have previously been misreported.

Other than that, I think the above summary is correct.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mistakes happen in the media all the time. A lot more now that there are so many media sources that news services are often rushing to break stories. In few cases are these due to bias and as noted in your example above most news services will issue retractions.

Also there are reporters who specialize in social media and using various research methods it is possible to find real identies on "anonymous" boards. We've seen that here with Clutchfans slueths identifying who posters are even when they change user names.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Where is the link to the "glass outside" detail? My googling skills can't find it.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

OK fine, thanks.

I still don't understand the complete absence of the blog from archive.org.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

bobrek likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

From what I've read is that Pelosi was trying to keep DePape calm and that while he didn't know him and was startled by him he was trying not to antagonize him. It sounds like as soon as SFPD showed up on the scene and DePape realized it was LEO he attacked Pelosi and Pelosi and DePape were struggling over the hammer as the LEO entered.

Nook, Rashmon, jo mama and 3 others like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

The insinuation of them being friends may have been created during the coded phone call to police, the victim was placating his alleged tormentor while being held hostage and was passing along key information to the 911 dispatch center.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes, that is how I read it as well.

It sounds like the attacker was quite confused and didn't really have a very clear plan, at least once he realized Nancy Pelosi wasn't there. It all screams paranoia and mental illness to me.

20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4chan allows the generation of "tripcodes" that allow an anonymous user to be identifiable when posting. They're like BBS handles.

Edit: removed link to a 4chan-user wiki (second result on Google!) and linked to 4chan's own documentation.

#860 mtbrays, Nov 1, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2022