1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 10/30/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 29, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

KPJ is stats padding now, one of them has to ride the bench but overall everyone save Sengün is disappointing.

He is going through growing pains as well.

Also no bench points from Jaygup.

albuster likes this.
  2. Germanturk

Germanturk Member

I understand what he is trying but it dont works! They must circulate the ball better to get the best position for the shoot. You can take at the end of the time a difficult shoot if you cant create a good position. But you cant take so much tough positions and the Coaching staff is watching every game. They are like bots... Making game for game the same mistakes.
    Its not the defense its the bad offense, who lose the games! Thats my opinion.

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

CP3 with 15 assists and 0 turnovers. Be still my beating heart... I wonder if Stone would consider the Point God for player-coach to replace Silas next year. I could see him coaching up these kids, with Hollins in charge whenever he's on the court. Assuming we're not tanking again next year, of course. C'mon Stone, get'r'done!

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

ya, i just mean compared to my expectations, really only Jalen has been disappointing. I don't expect much from kpj, expected jabari to really struggle, etc. For the most part the team is playing about as well as expected around a -10 net rating. To be honest with our schedule, maybe the -10 is a bit better then you should have expected

Patience likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be honest massive blowouts have not happened in masses as of yet.

I see 20 pt, 25-29 pt blowouts but a lot more Overtimes across the league.

More close games or single digit wins.

I saw tons more high scoring games last year than this year, scoring 140 a game in regulation wasn't so rare back then.

Teams have not really gelled to that extent.

(Ok. The Mavs blowing out the Grizz on the second day of a b2b by 41. Doing so scoring 137.)

#1305 daywalker02, Oct 31, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

It is still dribble dribble offense. 49 rebounds is a stat that win games but we didn't dish enough. We need a passing skill guru because Jalen Green can be Kobe all he wants, we ain't winning games that unless we are looking forward to next year's draft.

albuster likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

thnx! now do another one with a label houston basketball clowns!
    put silas and stone silhouette on it with a clown hats

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

wow...the athleticism a player doesnt make...

but why bring cp3 when we have alpi... alpi is cp3 of bigs...but it would be oh so ironic cause we once shed cp3 in favor of far less players...and now you denie alpi the diamond the chance for 40 years old fart.... grass is greener i guess... its loser mentality... no confidence in your own resources and abilitues

10. kiwirocketsfan

I'm guessing CP3 would be a terrible coach, he'd wear on the nerves of players after about 6 months. No chill.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great players make lousy coaches, average players that have to work to make it in the league make much better coaches.

DD

eman likes this.
  12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

so true, bird was a decent coach but almost all stars become terrible coaches

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Jordan can't really teach most of what made him great. Hence why he's always been bad at being a coach, manger etc of a NBA team. He's going to berate kids for not being able to finish double clutch lay ups.

astrosrule likes this.
  14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya, i always get a kick out of the Hakeem big man camps. The only players who really get use out of it are the ones who are also insanely gifted at it, like lebron or yao.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Traditional PGs still exist and CP3 is one of them...KPJ needs a mentor to learn how to be a team player but not a ball hogger.

eman likes this.
  16. eman

eman Contributing Member

You are probably right. But if you want to make an omelette, you gotta crack a few eggs. CP3 might be the chef we need.

17. PatBev

PatBev Member

CP0 with nothing but historical playoff collapses

I’d be down to offer him head coach though honestly

eman likes this.
  18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol this squad at this age is not getting anywhere near 41 wins

you would be mad to think it could

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Well Keldon Johnson is blossoming, but also he is in his 4th season. Two seasons further along than most of our young squad. Vassell is in his third year. Poeltll in his 7th year is playing good basketball. Spurs are an extra year ahead of us with their young players. There is a big difference in years experience.

OKC also have Gigeous-Alexander who is a gun, we have no one as good as him.

We don't play the same schedule to start the season either.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Which is why this is a much needed reality check.

The Front office has been too nonchalant in the past.