1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Primo Waived by Spurs?! (12th pick in 2021)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ickaruto, Oct 28, 2022.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Claim him!
    We can get the Houston Texans Organization to help with his “illness”………

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Who among us hasn’t walked around naked at our first job? Are there any of you who haven’t waved your johnson at a coworker or supervisor? I thought not.

Maybe he’s a religious nudist and last I checked, we still have the 1st Amendment. Let’s be careful before we start tearing down America. At worst, this is mere locker room shenanigans.

I say we take a chance—and maybe we can make up some of the salary by hiring him out to model for art classes.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

studogg, Trackwell and jdjd like this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If that's true he's a real moron for that mental health statement and trying to act as a victim.

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Yeah he's a dumbass. It was probably a panic move by him. Probably thought he was going to get away with it. Some team will take a flyer on him though with a 2-way contract eventually but he's rich too now so he may just dissappear. If he was smart (which clearly he isn't), and wants to continue to play basketball, he'd come out with a statement apologizing with no excuses. That would be refreshing

6. fattz

fattz Member

Well his NBA career is not over.

A chance to add talent that fits the timeline should be taken. Does he keep his Bird rights if he keeps his contact?

The Rockets can then support him with the counseling he needs.

Has he been placed on wavers wire yet.

6’6” guard with a highest of ceilings.

Maybe we can help him as he helps us.

7. jdjd

jdjd Member

Sounds like a John Lucas project to me.

apollo33, roslolian and fattz like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Multiple victims have come forward, he is still under investigation.

The Spurs employee was the one that counted the most.

He flashed to hotel staff as well.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

jiggyfly, Yung-T and txtodd like this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

I am not condoning his actions, but his career is not over. He is lottery talent that can be rehabilitated. Concerned yes; worth the time to invest absolutely. What do we lose by taking a flyer on him. It’s not like other players will start exposing themselves because he is on the team. I truly believe he will never do it again, because of the embarrassment & legal trouble that it’s causing him. In two years time one of two things will have happened, he will be out of the league or in our starting line up.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

(Assuming it's flashing and not something even more serious)

Single or multiple incidents? The Spurs have to act this quickly if it's not the first or they ignored signs or complaints from employees. If there wasn't a real serious threat of lawsuits, they probably, I think, keep it hush and work with him and get him professional help.

Claim him, get him help and .... go from there.

fattz likes this.
  12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm moderately surprised the Spurs dumped him entirely for this. Not that I like it, but players usually get longer leashes. They could have suspended him for the rest of the season until the heat died down then spam the PR BS about him having learned his lesson and matured.

He will be back in the league, not this season, but he will absolutely get another chance unless there's far worse details that haven't been released.

fattz likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Me2 movement will try to bury him. Many have witnessed cases even with zero truths in it.

But yes athletes are not as dependent on their reputation as actors and directors.

I do think teams would want to sign him so I guess he'd still have more options than getting booted from the league.

You have good intentions but it's pretty cruel out there.

Legal battles could get pretty intense.

The Spurs had Becky Hammon the first great female assistant, no way they were letting him off the hook easily.

14. fattz

fattz Member

I see & understand that his reputation is forever tarnished much like Calvin Murphy’s. The Rocket organization can spin it and turn into a hero => look at Porter & now Primo. It will take a lot of personal work & change from Primo. If he is willing to do the PR; what is not to like about him bing a Rocket?

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is only 19. Kobe was 24-25 when his trial started.

It is concerning for sure.

As for the Rockets, he is not our problem yet but you could add more problems, legal problems to a team trying to find itself.

The smart thing is to wait it all out instead of trying to be the thirsty virgin teenager.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Yal are down bad. Its pitiful

This kid is WEIRD

Yung-T and FrontRunner like this.
  17. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Primo is radioactive with this information. He's just a pervert who got caught, now he plays the 'mental illness' card. Maybe in a year or two if he takes full accountability and is under the care of therapists he might still have a place in the league. But right now, no way.

18. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

I'll give your brain a little help. When Primo sexually exposed himself to a Spurs employee, this became a legal/HR issue. Spurs had an obligation to protect their employees and ensure an sexual assault free environment.

The alternative is being sued into oblivion. The same employee who was sexually assaulted (sexual exposure is sexual assault) has retained the lawyer suing DeShawn Watson,

jiggyfly, subtomic, Yung-T and 6 others like this.
  19. omgTHEpotential

Psycho pervert hiding behind mental illness. Creep.

TimDuncanDonaut and Jontro like this.
  20. fattz

fattz Member

Perversion is a mental illness, is it not?

jiggyfly and theDude like this.