1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I woke up this morning and the Rockets still suck

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Sounds like a country song.

aaquaa likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

It's going to get worse before it gets better this season.....

Corrosion likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

I'm gonna wake up tomorrow still a Rockets fan, and enjoying every single moment of the season to come. For me it's not about results. It's about following the team that I love. Also, I've been day drinking.

B-Bob, Corrosion, MC31B and 4 others like this.
  5. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

Team is opening a can of quit on Silas

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

it is the players...they are dumb and selfish no hustle ballhogs

aaquaa likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No I have faith
    We will rise !

Snow Villiers likes this.
  8. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

It’s the cheapass owner coming out and saying that they expect to get a high pick, JG talkin bout lessons, Silas iso-ing others by constantly siding with KPJ, right or wrong. The players and all their peeps know this…y’all don’t think mama peso or papa goon not on here? Rockets org not fooling anyone.

Hakeemtheking, aaquaa and bmelo like this.
  9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

We won't see internal development until we hire a new coach, but tilman is too cheap to fire the one we have.

I just enjoyed the posts from people that thought we were too good to unintentionally tank. So delusional it's funny.

aaquaa likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is no system - NONE.....this is on the coaches....

DD

Hakeemtheking and bmelo like this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

"Rockets suck - im flipping over to the Astros in the World-... Noooooooooo! ok flipping back - oh no, they still suck over here too oh man"

harold bingo and Killatron 2000 like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We went to a bar to watch the Stros and took the Ipad to put the Rockets on when they started, other than the drinks and some bar food the night sucked all around.

DD

harold bingo and SamFisher like this.
  13. bmelo

bmelo Member

remember the times when they said Silas blew them away with the presented system to switch from iso offense? What the hell did he present them lol

harold bingo and Richie_Rich like this.
  14. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Exactly. Perfect post. 10/10.

15. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The big picture issue to me is what kid of rebuild do you want. Kind of fast, 2-3 year. Slower, 4-6 year. Or perpetual suck, forever. Obviously you don’t want the first. I’ll take the second if it leads to a long period of sustained greatness. Otherwise obviously want the first. And the first seemed maybe possible. But now … yikes seems closer to the third then the first.

17. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Post of the year

SamFisher likes this.
  18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I said in another thread I'd be ecstatic/surprised if we got 30 wins. I didn't want this team to be some mediocre middle-of-the-pack team, and I knew we weren't going to be contenders (lol), so that left suckitude. I'm cool with it. I was expecting another lottery pick this season, but next season to show some type of marked improvement.

My only disappointment so far, and it's not that huge a disappointment, is that I was somehow hoping miraculously that Jalen or Jabari would be that guy, but that hasn't been the case ... yet. But I'm willing to wait another couple of seasons, at least, to see if that happens - they're still kids with hardly any experience. In the meantime... let the tank roll. There aren't many teams that turn a rebuild around in a couple of years. For the most part, teams that sucked last year are still sucking this year. As good as Paolo is, and as many good players as that team has, they still suck record-wise. Cade is playing well, but his team sucks.

It's still early in the season, so who knows - we may turn it around ... or at least veer off course. And if not, we've got the lottery to cheer on again. :D I hope in this draft we prioritize picking some dudes with meat on their bones to go with skill and athleticism. Well, unless it's Wembanyama, I guess.

#78 Dr of Dunk, Oct 29, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
    Corrosion and SamFisher like this.
  19. Asian Sensation

I woke up this morning and James Harden still doesn’t have a ring. Life is good.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That's all fair. I can't speak for OP but part of my disappointment relates to the "that guy" type of situation. The special ones really do usually have a marked impact on W's and L's early on. Nobody is going to be the Dream, of course, or another Magic, Bird, or Jordan, etc -- that's just unfair. But the great ones typically bust their ass, and I was still hoping to see more of an attitude from the collected young ones about losing with Jabari on board. Season's young, but I'm less and less tempted to tune in. Maybe they got some food poisoning in PDX or something, but blech. Don't look like they like each other or playing ball together right now.

aaquaa, Easy and SamFisher like this.