1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Asian Sensation

Yah… he still good for another 2nd round exit.

2. i3artow i3aller

3. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

What Harden needs to do is find a way to get his ass to the Lakers.

Harden+Lebron+AD.. that's as perfect of a big 3 as humanly possible.

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Philly's transition defense is TERRIBLE as well as their rotation off of pnr and screens.

on offense, the individual numbers look good for Harden, Embiid and Maxey, but there is no synergy overall.

There's too much standing around and holding the ball when Harden or Embiid iso. Their pnr is still deadly but they are running it less than they did last year.

Rocket River likes this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

So he can get a participation trophy ring? This kind is of talk is so cheap and why nba as a whole is less interesting

wanna see competition not teammmups

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  6. RocketsDraftTV

Why is thybulle and reed in docs doghouse they need defense

7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

That starting line up is just hot trash. Theyve maybe won 1 1st quarter so far

Tucker, harris, embiid is the least athletic front court in the league

8. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

Not really. It's not KD to the Warriors. LA is missing the playoffs again. He'd be the savior not a coat tailor.

If Harden left Brooklyn because he didn't trust them to win a title, then he probably should put his trust in Lebron and not Morey. Daryl has a suspect track record outside of 2017-18 when they were an injury away.

#3888 shocky2002, Oct 26, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
  9. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

Moving the ball more= better offense is a complete fallacy. Studies have shown that there's a negative correlation between passes in a possession and offensive rating. Chris Paul-led teams typically have very low amount of passes per possession, but his offenses are very high in success rate year after year

The standing around offense is actually the best offense for them so far. When they try to move the ball too much, they always end up with a turnover or a rushed shot late in the shot clock. Morey needs to fire Doc already and hire MDA. Their offense needs to spam Maxey/Harden/Embiid running PNR/PNP/Handoffs, top of the key with two guys standing in the corner. Any Tobias Harris/PJ Tucker touch unless they're wide open for a 3pt attempt is a wasted possession. Philly last year when they first acquired Harden ran their best offense when they were just winging it. Their production got worse when Doc implemented his shitty complicated system and didn't let JH bring the ball up.

Also, Maxey should be standing roughly 3-4 feet away from the 3 point line to space the floor better. He has crazy good range and can make the super long 3's. Kinda like Eric Gordon but Maxey is a better shooter.

#3889 shocky2002, Oct 26, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    SamFisher likes this.
  10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Doc is a terrible coach. The game has passed him by

B-Bob and King1 like this.
  11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

hes dumb as **** dont bother

12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

You missed the part of the quote where i wrote, "There's too much standing around and holding the ball when Harden or Embiid iso." The operative word is when and applies only to that situation, which unfortunately for the 76ers is way too often.

They arent running as many Harden/Embiid Pnr as they did last year and the added iso possession is usually 1 guy with the ball and 4 standing. The defense is well suited to defend these possessions due to Harris/Maxey/Embiid not being guarded tightly on the perimeter and Harden not exerting as much rim pressure as he did in the past.

As for the fallacy of moving the ball more = better offense, I've no clue if that's true or not, nor was my point about passing more, but rather more movement and less stagnation.

And while I'm not familiar with the studies you are referring to, it should come as no surprise that offenses led by CP3 will have elite production regardless of the number of passes. CP3 is arguably a top 3 pg in NBA history.

#3892 blahblehblah, Oct 27, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well the Lakers are trash right now so if he actually went there and won a ring somehow that'd be pretty impressive.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Exactly. The ugliest offense around right now is Luka and the Mavs. It's also the best one right now - by a wide margin (122 ortg). I know the season is young but they'll remain both at the top of the league's best offenses and also be the number one Iso team in the league.

16. RocketsDraftTV

the funny thing is while i like luka and harden, luka almost never gets the same amount of heat for his playstyle that harden gets from the media.

17. i3artow i3aller

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

unless something more damaging comes out about Ime Udoka, Sixers should be trying to get him to Philly

i3artow i3aller, ksny15 and Jontro like this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Give Sam Cassell a shot
    Their Problem is defense

Rocket River

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Sam Cassell has been attached to Doc’s hip for so long, he might just be a Doc Jr.

I’d try him over continuing on with Doc tho…he can’t be any worse

i3artow i3aller and Rocket River like this.