1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Josh Christopher Experience Is Here

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jan 28, 2022.

1. a time to chill

Is Josh Christopher in Silas' doghouse? I'm curious why Garrison Mathews has been getting more minutes than him.

ashleyem likes this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Because JC has played poorly and selfishly, as both a backup PG and scorer.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I don't think the title of being Green's friend is even accurate of him any more. He got demoted to bench scrub that got trapped in silas dog house.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I had high hope for Christopher last season. Thought he would be a sparkplug kind of guy off the bench. Now I am very disappointed. He hasn't developed much at all. He is a tunnel vision scorer without Green's (or even KPJ's) skills to pull it off.

5. kiwirocketsfan

Last year, he seemed to have some good potential as an on-ball defender. Don't think that has held up either.

Hopefully, just a sophomore slump/

burlesk likes this.
  6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Lol@everyone saying Josh has regressed. Who do expect him to do when he’s not even given a chance to play? Why a short leash on Josh while Nix continues to get minute despite playing like ****? Silas is an idiot.

ilias likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He need to go, for his own development and for the team's development.

He doesn't fit and he won't get his opportunities here.....

DD

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He is still better than Mathews and Nix, but possibly the fact that he is the one player on the Rockets with even worse tunnel vision than KPJ has played a role in him not getting minutes.

That, or we are foolishly trying to showcase Mathews and Nix in order to trade them. Foolishly because of course what they have shown hasn't increased their trade value...at all.

Or there is really no thought at all behind it and it is just standard Silas rotation ****ery.

clutchdabear and ashleyem like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

giving players more PT in order to sell them often doesnt work ....see rockets last year eg

the additional value you extract by showcasing them is much less than value you lose by denying playing experience to young guns....

yeah its probably silas and stone just being dumb/not caring as usual

clutchdabear likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont worry silass mastermind and the blueprint is behind all this and he gonna made another curry or at least lebron out of him soon

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

This, exactly.

Easy likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what do you think the houston tanks can get for him? a first rounder?

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes only drafted to keep company for jalen anyway

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

I've been thinking this same thing for YEARS.

burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Rokman

Rokman Member

Agreed, he needs a tough coach like Pop to yank him up short when he gets stupid and throw his ass to the bench. So far this season, ball movement overall has been non-existent and Christopher isn't the main culprit. Everyone is playing ISO ball. It sucks to watch. I want to see some Princeton offense out there.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

really ? how so? i thought we have one of the best coaches in the nba?

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Very disastrous start for JC so far this season, after a surprisingly decent rookie season.

I wouldn't be surprised if summer league did a lot of damage to his development. In fact, even in last season's summer league, Josh Christopher took the most shots, more than Green and Sengun.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

small sample size warning

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what do you think his trade value is right now?

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He'll be fine as soon as reality sets in that at the moment he's a 3 and D SG that can get good at attacking closeouts.

He's a very spiritual dude so I'm sure there's a lot of "if I believe in myself, there's no reason I can't be a star scorer" thing going on and you see that a lot with young players. Most of the time, the NBA punches you in the face and how you react to that will determine your career.

I've not liked anything he's done since summer league and I thought he had been working hard on his game all summer. I don't see where the work went. I like the guy's personality and character a lot. I'm rooting for him and he will DEFINITELY get better than what he is right now. He's trying to prove way too big a thing right now, when all he has to do is incrementally improve on last season.

I have a feeling he will turn it around.

burlesk, Bo6, ilias and 1 other person like this.