1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 10/24/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He's 19, so I'm cutting him a huge amount of slack. What bothers me is that I've seen little in the way of leadership from Silas. Maybe it's there and I'm myopic. I'm also a bit disturbed that Porter has been put into such a "leadership" role, one I think he's ill suited for. While Gordon is a solid veteran player and sets a good example, he's never been an outspoken leader, either. I like Lucas a lot, and thank goodness he's there, but the man is an assistant coach.

Yet I think we need to not make too much of this. They're almost all very young players, and as the group settles into their roles and they get to know each other better, time will rub a lot of the rough edges off. I'm more concerned with Silas and how he's handling the team. I hope he's up to the task, both from a basketball perspective and as someone responsible for handling a large young group of diverse personalities.

Man, do I need a drink!

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

okay nerd

3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I take that as a compliment

Scarface281 likes this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

JG first one out of his seat to cheer on the rook. You love to see it.

5. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah I did when he was trying to talk to him about something after he made a layup ….

red5rocket likes this.
  6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

There's a big difference I feel between holding each other accountable, and what was displayed here.

That's not a good look. I'd much rather any player doing this with KPJ, so his bum ass could be shipped off this team.

Meanwhile, I had to lol at Eason going at Garrison on two possessions in quick succession in this game.

One, when he tapped the ball from behind and he feels Mathews should've made a play at gathering it instead of letting it go out of bounds.

The other shortly after, getting on Mathews for not making a play on I think it was a rebound, and instead letting a Jazz player grab it, and only saved by the Jazz player stepping out of bounds.

I love Eason.

aaquaa and ceonwuka like this.
  7. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Jazz gut out must-lose game...

8. Sonicbun8

Sonicbun8 Member

For Filipino Jalen Green only fans maybe?

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Haha.

And this is literally the perfect example of why you don't look at numbers to justify whether someone had a good or bad game.

There were SO many things KPJ did horrendously tonight.

From defense (I straight up chuckled at his letting I think Conley blow right by him for an uncontested layup - then in Harden-esque fashion proceed to b*tch at his big man.... who was in foul trouble at the time and made the right decision not to challenge)

To his customary pathetic dribble dribble dribble displays.

To his subpar passing.

aaquaa, Scarface281 and hakeem94 like this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I heard something about games not being shown.

11. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Is there something wrong with league pass? I have LP but I wasn't able to watch the first 2 games bc im in Bama and they were blacked out. I didn't get a chance to watch this one.

12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Young cat Jabari needs to slow his role and shut his mouth..... weak A** defense, like he is scared or something.

Three games in, im willing to give the benefit of doubt.

But I don't like that standing around, scared to jump, and play weak side defense crap.

13. gogispade

gogispade Member

And EG is looking like, man im too old for this.

burlesk and CK Johnson like this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It blasphemy to put him and Harden in the same sentence. Harden makes his teammate shine and can carry the team with huge scoring games.

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Look at the delusional kpj fan making sht up. Folks r ragging on kpj cause he sucks at pg and has tunnel vision.

They whine if he plays poorly, they'd whine if he scored 60 on 15 shots while picking up 30 assists. Making sht up cause that will never happen.

U can not serious think he had a great game as a point guard. Man had 1 more assist than the next player and 4 awful turnovers to boot. But he's the whipping boy. Pffffft

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Not sure if you guys saw it but there is a bit more to the altercation. Not sure this first part was in any of the videos. I saw it live and there were some additional clues in the previous bench shot.

Looks like Green walks over to JSJ and there are clearly talking about rotations or positions because you see the Green making movement hand gestures. He is leaning over close to JSJs face but thats probably just so they can hear one another. Looks like Green is instructing JSJ on how to move, but that is a guess. JSJ responds to Green with his own gestures and it doesn't look hostile. Then you see KMJ get visibly animated at JSJ, like he was frustrated with what he said.

Camera cuts away to Gordon for 10 or so seconds, then goes back to JSJ standing up in confrontation mode. I'll see if I can post some screenshots.

18pbr and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

You realize that he had 3 blocks and was playing with a lot of fouls. When he was standing around „scared“ to jump he was trying to avoid fouling out. What he needs to learn is to be a great defender and avoiding fouls at the same time - but I don‘t expect a 19 year old rookie to be good at that. I am happy with the defense he has shown already and with how he can play with a lot of fouls without fouling out.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Chain of Events:
    1.) Green walks over and appears to be talking to KPJ first, possibly KMJ as well.
    [​IMG]
    2.) Green and JSJ begin convo, KPJ turns to talk to KMJ
    [​IMG]
    3.) JSJ turns to speak to KMJ
    [​IMG]
    4.) Green is visibly frustrated with whatever Smith is saying, makes a swift up and down hand motion while shaking his head.
    5.) KMJ gets visibly frustrated with whatever Smith is saying
    [​IMG]
    6.) Camera cuts away and when it cuts back, Smith is standing and trying to fight.

Interpret however you will.

aaquaa, topfive and DeBeards like this.
  19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I was a few rows behind the bench, it didn't look good. I couldn't tell what they were saying though, but both of them were held back from each other.

Green dapped him after a freethrow very shortly after and it seemed sincere. Hopefully it's a non-issue like others have said.

I'm definitely concerned about seeing that 4 games in to a season with our 2 intended franchise players.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Losing does mess with players emotional well being. That's the downside of wanting to tank for a chance at a lottery player. Let us hope that everybody involved learns and move on from today's sideshow.

burlesk likes this.