1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 10/22/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 21, 2022.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

We already look better than last year tbh. It took Ja 50 points to beat us and the Hawks hot shooting at home. Tonight we were on a back to back guys....it happens, we are better. The team looks better.

This is the same crying as last year, yall are mad cause we are losing. And even that is not bad.

If we got 1-2nd pick we can either A. Get Wembaya or B. Get Scoot Henderson and then all these KPJ complaints will now be about Scoot.

burlesk, SamFisher, Rocketeer and 5 others like this.
  2. Ancient Moabite

Also our conditioning the mind to say the same thing over n over is like a drug as well, tanking and sengun is a hell of a drug addiction that you can't seem to shake

3. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Is that the Pistons or Thunder? They both have multiple lead guards in Cade/Ivey and Shai/Giddey

makes sense why. Green is a traditional 2 and KPJ is still figuring himself out

HP3 likes this.
  4. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Congrats, it there any interest in betting talk in the forum? Is there a thread for it?

BallSoHarden, BigShasta and Reeko like this.
  5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At least we are not the 76ers or Lakers. Our team is a bunch of kids and Eric Gordon vs teams with all time greats. Yet all 3 are 0-3.

burlesk, RocketWalta and roslolian like this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't help to have a cheap ass owner.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

thanks

good question…I don’t think that there is, or at least I haven’t seen much betting talk on here

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Everyone mad but the Rox just came off a B2B. Look at Memphis they got demolished by Dallas that shows you how good our first 6 guys are cuz their match was so intense even Memphis got the wind taken out of their sails.

As for me I couldnt be happier,0-3 start is what I'm hoping for in fact I want us to go 1-10 and eventually be the worst team in the league again. The W-L record can suck it, we arent playing for anything this year. Give me Wemby over 10 additional wins I couldnt care less.

Our guys are also growing at a rapid pace, the ideal scenario is like Okc where the team is so bad they got Harden then on KD's 3rd year the team suddenly won 50 games. At only Green's 2nd year we need 1 more year to grab top talent for our foundation.

Ancient Moabite and peleincubus like this.
  9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Utah will be tough........they won again tonight. Hope they are tired though

10. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

We will be lectured by Cambridge's Prof.Spiegelhalter at Imperial this wednesday about meaningful usage of statistical datas. If any good comes out I might share for betting advise. Former cricket legend-Mike Atherton wrote a book: "Gambling" and there were some very interesting points about "calculated risks".

I don't think I have ever made a bet for basketball-would lose lots of money because I never accept that the teams I support might lose- but mathematical part of gambling is very interesting (probability projections is important part of my job).

Inform you after wednesday.

11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

The concern here is that do they really take a jump beginning next season to where they can actually win regularly? I just don't see it, the coach and playbook are questionable, also the roster makeup was really constructed seemingly based on best player available, so not sure if they need to move some good pieces due to fit. They do not seem to have an identity, and don't seem to be working towards one. The defense needs a complete overhaul. I like both KPJ and JG, but think maybe they need a true PG, so if that means moving KPJ to the bench as a 6th man, or trading him for the right guy to lead the offense. I assumed they would out perform Vegas assumptions and cover some spreads early, but it looks like so far they are 0-1-2 in covering spread.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Basically it takes MVP caliber players their best game to have a chance against our fearsome onslaught

burlesk and HP3 like this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They could have won all 3 of these games with better shooting. They're playing like they're nervous or something. But no worries. They'll get better.

burlesk likes this.
  14. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

You're never going to have a Rockets-related stroke at this rate, coach. Gotta step up your game.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

soooooo much more fun( and more picks!) than tanking and having p***y silas at the helm

16. Rokman

Rokman Member

If the Rockets end up with Wemby for the next 10+ years and he turns out to be as advertised everyone will be saying shoot I would have gladly tanked an additional year or two to draft this guy!

csnerd84 likes this.
  17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

More Garuba

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is not a single player on the Jazz anyone should be excited about in terms of a future core.

Teams like the Jazz are literally in the worst position in the NBA. Don't be fooled. They will suck this season. Suck enough to not be a play on team and have enough experienced players to not win 20 games while also not having any player on the team fans should be excited for in the future. Basically the Texans.

What is the Jazz core for the future? I can see a future core brewing in teams like the Pistons, Rockets, Magic, Thunder etc.

csnerd84 likes this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Haha jazz doesn't even get a full game thread and have to use the remnants of our beatdown of the Bucks.

COWER IN FEAR

hakeem94, HTownTmac1 and fchowd0311 like this.