1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Yankees vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Careful, you’re seriously overvaluing legacy and you’ll awaken Nick and Major who will tell you those players don’t care, money is more important (it is) and those players don’t read your posts. (of course they don’t)

raining threes and jayfree like this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

giphy.gif

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There’s a way to get both. Altuve/Bregman/Verlander are legacies who got paid.

The Astros never made an offer to Cole/Springer and made a courtesy-only offer to Correa.

both sides chose. Seems like the Astros chose wisely. No sense in complaining at this point… the young pitching has extended this window longer than the hitters could have.

Rock Block and ramotadab like this.
  4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Great win. Huge win to not give them any hope.
    Some observations:
    — Really good to see altuve joke after his double, he’s going to get going, and if he’s saving it for WS then that’s ok too.
    — Mancini and Vasquez contributing was really nice. Hope they can keep it going
    — the TBS announcers are dog***t. All they talk about is what the Yankees need to do to turn it around, trying every chance they can to jinx us with talks of homeruns judge has hit and Stanton has hit after pitches they didn’t like.. just non stop hoping the Yankees win.
    — that was the worst ump job I’ve seen in the playoffs. For the most part it was both teams, but it was extra bad for Astros. Down the middle pitches called balls. Much tighter zone in the 8th and 9th for our pitchers.
    — overall downplay of Astros being good and just how the Yankees are “unlucky”

thedreamsteam, noppeper and Tomstro like this.
  5. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

7. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Ha! It’s like Beetlejuice with you two. (I’m messing around of course) I’m pretty sure there’s no “complaining” going on rather just posts pointing out the obvious of who left not exactly seeing the on field results these days. We’re just fans. We don’t need correcting on every thread. A little venting and haha going on but the truth is we’d all go where the most money is, no harm in that.

8. Nook

Nook Member

The Astros pitchers have given up 2 earned runs in 27 innings against the Yankees this post season.

The Astros have struck out 42 Yankees in 27 innings. Over half of the Yankees outs have been strikeouts.

9. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

If the Astros sweep tomorrow we should demand that New York give us our space shuttle back...bunch of losers...

10. noppeper

noppeper Member

Good observations, although the TBS crew thing is whatever for me. At least Pedro recognizes that the Astros are just the better team.

Mancini had some great at bats, and Altuve seems to be seeing the ball a little better as well, so that is encouraging. My only complaint, besides the horrible HPU, is putting Dubon in centerfield for "defense", as he is just absolutely awful, with horrible jumps and routes. That hit by Carpenter seemed like a catchable ball, and now you give one of their struggling hitters some confidence. Probably won't matter in this series, but you never know.

Great win by the Astros, and please show no mercy - beat these chumps in 4.

houstonstime likes this.
  11. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

James click continues to dominate in the post season. Last year it was Graveman playing a critical role. This year we have Montero dealing, and now Vazquez and Mancini making key contributions in this Game 3 win. Unshakable faith in Chaz is paying off.

(I know, I know, “dominate” is a silly. And I was kidding about Chaz. I just think there is a silly amount of click bashing or at least disrespect when the man has done a good job. Perfect? No. Good, yes. Jeff Luhnow isn’t walking through that door. So much about the postseason is good fortune and performance in a tiny sample size. Friedman is a shitty GM by some peoples criteria around here..)

conquistador#11 likes this.
  12. conquistador#11

why can't they reschedule it to 2 pm or something. That would be terrible if that scenario played out

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

If we take the World Series, I seriously want next years slogan to be “We Want Houston”

Jake Tower, Tfor3 and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Absolutely.

No correcting… but it is possible that the team made just as much a choice against signing those players as the players did. Especially with Springer/Cole. Correa would have taken the mega-contract here in a second… but it was never on the table.

Rock Block likes this.
  15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

This is just hardcore from a NY newspaper after the game.

"The people who are planning to attend Game 4 bought tickets for a baseball game, but they might end up getting a funeral instead"

red5rocket, Tfor3 and ramotadab like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Dubon can play just about every position. There's a lot of value in that for a "last man on the bench".

red5rocket and Tfor3 like this.
  17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

19. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

This.

At one point Javier threw a strike right down the middle, a little higher than middle middle. BALL.

He was bad, and inconsistent. It wasn't bad for both teams, just bad for us. Giving Yankees low ball strikes and corner pitches and squeezing our pitchers. The Bader at bat. Give me a ****ing break...

It was beautiful that we pitched a gem and it didn't even matter.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

99.1m, but who’s counting?