1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great Job Silas!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

calm down brehs. silas just got here and is playing a bunch of rooks/sophs. give him at least 17 years with this group before we judge

2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

One of Jaylen or KPJ should always be in the game. One of Tari or Bari should always be in the game. If you can figure that out, congratulations, your lineups are already better than anything Silas has managed.

3. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lmao, the only comment in the entire post that's without question true is what you question. You embody the clutchfans cluelessness, and it's amazing. Never change.

4. Holybats

Holybats Member

Great job Silas the tank general. We started as i expected.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Am I supposed to take u seriously or something? Atlanta, a finals contender…lmao

an idiot calling someone clueless is not a good look for u

courtsidedreams likes this.
  6. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Can we all at least agree that he’s the nicest coach in the NBA??? Perhaps the improvements I saw last night were, in part, from the 3 new assistant coaches. Team seemed to play better defense. Last year we would have been down 80-59 at halftime.

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

We know why he made the team. Tillman still cost cutting otherwise cutting Favors makes no sense for his trade value.

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Team played better defense cuz Cristian Wood doesn't exist anymore.., and we replaced him with guys who play defense.

aaquaa likes this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

His contract.

roslolian likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nonsensical post cutting Favors doesnt save Tilman anythign he will still pay Favors' salary.

Gary Matthews' contract is great value for an end of rotation bench. He isnt even supposed to play most games.

#30 roslolian, Oct 20, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I agree with you @Imanimal

I feel Hawks are a top 3 team in the East right now with the Nets not knowing
    how to fit Ben Simmons and Bucks struggling.

If the 76ers focused on Harden-Maxey....I would worry about them more.
    Embiid will always slow the pace and give you drop coverage.

But Young and DeJounte will be hard to contain the entire season with
    Hunter and Bogdonavich opening up lanes for them all game.
    Center can get you 2 pts and your team still score 117 pts.
    Bruno was just a little slower on rotations and being in
    position vs Capela knowledge.

Both 3P% and Turnovers killed the Rockets.
    7/25 x 28% (3P%)
    15 Turnovers

3's: Jabari was nervous playing in front of his company. Sengun was 1/2 for
    50% (3P%).....but he has no reason to be pump faking. No one is within 6 feet.
    Needs to be confident and just shoot. Porter was the only one truly
    connecting 3/5 for 60%.
    Turnovers: KPj fumbled the ball for absolutely no reason near mid court
    and the Hawk swooped in and took it to the rack for an easy bucket.
    Sengun was trying to get too cute.....bullet pass to a cutter that didn't
    need to 100 mph and others that didn't need to be so difficult. Sometimes
    Keep it Simple S******. KPj 4 and Sengun 6 turnovers.

All-in-All KPj was what I was expecting:
    21 points...4.0 rebs...7.0 Asts...60% (3P%)...4.0 turnovers (3 if not for that fumble)
    [20 points...5.5 rebs...7.8 Asts...38% (3P%)...2.7 turnovers....my prediction x season ]

So KPj got close but everyone needed to show up. They will as we keep going.
    Go Rockets!!!

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Obviously the question of who starts plays into this, but i dont want it to be ENTIRELY about that... But the concept seems to be they want a "traditional, vertical spacing" PnR big to run more of the "classic" guard/PnR with everyone else spaced out offense.

Why?

Neither JG or KPJ are great at this.

Idk, i thought the offense looked like absolute dog **** last night.

They had "flow" in the preseason. You can tell when an offense is flowing. Everything felt forced last night. Helter skelter. "Oh ****, what do i do?!?!"

aaquaa likes this.
  13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

we went on a run both times Tari was in the game. if Tate plays, does Tari even see any minutes? serious question.

his lineups and rotations are still really suspect which is dissapointing because now we actually have talented players.

TimDuncanDonaut and aaquaa like this.
  14. Newlin

Newlin Member

We shot 25% from three. If we shoot just 33% we probably win the game. Im not too concerned about rotations or minutes played after only one game. I didn’t see all the game, but I thought they looked okay. Cut down on the turnovers, don’t miss dunks and hit some threes and we will win some games.

We have a tough schedule to start the season, so we might get off to a slow start. But, the team should improve as the team builds chemistry and the rookies gain experience. Really hoping the defense improves this season.

15. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Yeah, yeah... and how many years have you spent on a NBA coaching squad? :)

That being said, I think EG is the only guard on the roster that can run a decent P&R too, so the choice was not bad.

16. Qan

Qan Member

Will Silas cry when he gets fire?

aaquaa likes this.
  17. courtsidedreams

Exactly. Rockets Keep this bullshit up and Green is not going to stay

aaquaa and ashleyem like this.
  18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

It's future cost savings. Having Favors on the team gives us the ability take on future contracts and draft picks at the trade deadline. Gordon and Favors combine to make over 35 million. Rockets could collect a ton of assets by dumping them for bad contracts etc. Tillman wants no part of that. So LTS here we come!!

Since the Rockets aren't good at all, why wouldn't we trade them for draft picks and take back bad players or bad fits. We should be in asset collecting mode.

You say he is not suppose to play, but why was he in the game yesterday??? He stole Tari's minutes. Garrison Mathews provides nothing on the court. He hasn't even been shooting well which is his only skill. I don't even know why he is in the NBA. Watching the preseason everyone is just shocked he wasn't cut. Like dude was absolutely trash. Riding his hot streak from last year which once he got paid just disappeared.

19. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

To be fair OP probably gauging off the 2021 Hawks that made a lot of noise in the playoffs.

Last year they had so many injuries, Capela, Hunter, Bogdanovic, Okongwu. Obviously they lost Huerter and Gallo which is huge. I would say calling Atlanta an eastern favorite is very generous and I wouldn't endorse it but it's not a "lmao" terrible take.

20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Mathews is not a guy who can create his own shot. Him not playing well is the consequence of us not generating good looks as a team. KPJ probably missed open shooters in the corners 10 times today. But I think Mathews should have a spot on the roster. A lot of our guys aren’t natural shooters and Mathews could provide some spacing when we need it.

aaquaa likes this.