1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IMHO - We have our core - who should play and who could go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 11, 2022.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Garuba is going to prove you wrong sir. He will eventually be a nice role player.

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I wanted the Rockets to draft him.....but that rim running, rim protecting,
    Pick-n-Roll roll man are a dime a dozen nowadays.

That Capela role can go to so many. Highschools and College are kicking them
    out by way of assembly line. Even shooting 3's like Dereck Lively and Kel'el Ware.

Sorry, expendable if Garuba needs two more years to progress. My wanting him
    to be Robert Williams or Looney probably passed up in line by these kids
    coming out ready made.

3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

So who has been cut?? What's the final 15 man roster?

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

KPJ, Green and Jabari are all on that list, we are blessed.

DD

6. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I don't vehemently disagree with this, but I'd put Green over Jabari. If Jabari becomes our best player, it's because a) Green didn't reach his peak outcome, or b) Jabari makes the leap to go-to scorer. I hope for b), but it's hard to bank on this. Jabari would have to develop a wide array of moves to become a primary scorer, and while it's not impossible, I don't see it as a likely outcome. More likely is he becomes a great defender, with an outside shot, and enough of a handle that he can make that shot in a variety of ways. That is a great player, future all star, a player with a definite place on a contending team, but ultimately a complementary player. On the other hand, Green has shown flashes of being a primary scorer, the kind that is never stopped, but merely slowed down, by even the best defenses when they are set up to stop him. If Green doesn't become that player, I have a hard time seeing Rockets succeeding without somehow finding someone who is better than Jabari and can take that primary scorer role.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya if Jalen doesn't become that player then we need someone like Wembanyama in a draft to be a future contender. If Jalen can reach that level I can see this team being a future contender without landing a Wembanyama level talent.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Garuba doesnt rim run and barely has any rim protection. He is like PJ Tucker his value is on switches, deflections and staying in front of his man no matter what. Unfortunately he has the same issue as Ben Simmons and is afraid to shoot the ball.