1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Jack Easterby

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Nov 11, 2020.

1. a time to chill

On 610 they said Easterby tried to hand Cal John McClain's critical tweets he made while a game was going on to get him ostracized with the Texans, and even tried to prevent McClain from getting the first question during press conferences. No wonder McClain is going off on twitter.

Verbal Christ and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Finally some good news!!!!!

macho GRANDE likes this.
  3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Cal during the firing process -

[​IMG]

Nook, Stoic Rob, Rudyc281 and 5 others like this.
  4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not all local media markets are as soft as the Houston one is. They don't work for the teams, they cover the teams... which should include both the good and the bad.

But some reporters value the perks they get from the teams in terms of favorable coverage, which may influence their reporting.

Different from some of the radio guys as they work for stations that do pay money to cover the team (and in turn, they sell advertising for those games). In those situations, the stations could definitely pressure their employees not to go scorched earth on that specific local team.

a time to chill likes this.
  5. a time to chill

6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

9. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Finally. Easterby was the #1 biggest problem with the Texans organization. Should've gotten rid of him 1 to 2 years ago (e.g. when Andre Johnson publicly went off on him).

Rudyc281 and Fulgore like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Landry:

-12/15 media types at a dinner (hand selected) and basically said a lot of things that I thought were hilarious.

-Easterby decided he would control the narrative and said a little too much. This guy is a slime ball with no integrity.

List of stuff Easterby said on September 2nd that told me all I needed to know about this guy:
    -Started off the dinner talking about the Astros. Goes on a big rant about fans not buying in and takes a process. Other people in the room are being more appropriate than me. I interrupt him and said I hope you’re not comparing your situation to the Astros.

-Kept going on, talking about tracking devices. Then he said something ridiculous. Remember the equipment guy that got fired? Jack sits there and goes “This is the craziest thing about the 2020 season. That game against Green Bay where we lost, there were four players on our team that had on the wrong pants.” … I’m like is this guy serious?

-He also talked about his time in New England. He said with a straight face the reason he left New England was because Robert Kraft wanted him to clone Bill Belichick. He said “I couldn’t do that to Bill.” (Landry) I swear to God on the Holy Bible.

-He carried around notes with quotes from people he knew and statistics asking people to write stories positive about him.

-Said he had nothing to do with firing Brian Gaine. Said Cal decided he didn’t want Brian Gaine anymore.

-Blamed Cal for Bill O’Brien. “I knew for a long time no one could work with Bill O’Brien and Cal kept letting it go.” Volatile personality and why BO’B had to go.

-Best thing you’ve done here? He said I want to take credit for hiring Nick Caserio.

-Easterby said he has never lied in his life.

-Kept talking about new facilities. Said the Texans have gotten cheap and were behind the times. Said he wanted an Apple/Google feel. Hinted Cal McNair wasn’t giving them the facilities they needed to succeed.

-Easterby challenged me to go on record about a player who publicly criticized him.

Lopez:

-Easterby was a fraud, a conman, a coward, a mercenary, a serpent, a sociopath. He did more damage to a professional sports organization in this city than Bud Adams did, than John McMullen ever did, than Jerry Glanville did.

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I hope @Mr.Scarface have a pleasant day after hearing the news that the easterbunny finally got his a$$ canned. I know how much the easterbunny and BoB meant to scarface after he spent years defending their a$$es.

Are we finally turning over a new leaf?

Dgn1, TheRealist137, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lmao

Rudyc281 and red5rocket like this.
  13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Andre Johnson is a humanitarian, one of the most giving and nicest Athletes.
    Honesty and Humbleness.

macho GRANDE and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Honestly if the greatest player to ever don a Texans jersey isn't a fan of the easterbunny, idk y it took this long to get rid of him. Goes to show how incompetent upper management is.

Rudyc281, red5rocket and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. a time to chill

I believe Easterby when it comes to Caserio though. I don't believe Cal McNair when he told Lopez that he tried to get Caserio even before Easterby got here. If Cal wanted Caserio that bad, why hire Korn Ferry to do the GM search which almost resulted in Omar Khan getting hired? Caserio's hire was a power move by Easterby and he influenced Cal to do it. He knew he would be gone if another GM was hired.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It feels good to gloat of how right I was about Easterbunny to scarface and the easterbunny/BoB fanclub with all these stories appearing. It just sucks that nothing will change since the recovery from both easterbunny and BoB era will take more than 1-2 seasons. Who knows when we will b competitive/find a franchise qb.

Dgn1, Rudyc281 and J.R. like this.
  19. a time to chill

Cal McNair allowed this to happen, so we shouldn't be so sure that the Texans will have a quick turnaround. Texans were just a mediocre organization even before O'Brien and Easterby turned it into a dumpster fire.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

i would like to argue if we had an actual coach instead of O'Brien 7-8 years, we might actually would have done something. Man came and somehow got rid of all the talents

Rudyc281 likes this.