1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. adoo

adoo Member

i have issues when you
    • lie and / or
    • present "suppositions built upon suppositions" as being gospel

this was your most flagrant lie has been as follows,

you had touted an article about Bruce Lee as being well-researched,
    after i had poked all the holes in that half-azzed / poorly researched piece of garbage,
    you merely said, i really didn't read that article​

#19001 adoo, Oct 4, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Feel free to post the reasons why I was lying or presenting things as gospel. You still haven't said what you disagreed with other than something with the fashion in how I wrote things. Adoo I don't trade nearly as much as I used to but I've been a professional trader for 17 years. I do have some expertise in this field.

3. adoo

adoo Member

then you should have no problem coming up w a play in the midst of these info

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You're just not good communicating with other humans.

Sajan and Invisible Fan like this.
  5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

FFS Adoo...Read what I wrote again and do it slowly this time.

"I posted ISM prices paid and CPI data. I explained what it means. There is no trade associated with it. It's a macroeconomic data point. Have you been paying attention to what the Fed's goals are? I was pointing out how the economy was tracking after they have stated their goals."

I also wrote this from a couple weeks ago after the Fed meeting. https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...s-and-investing.149250/page-947#post-14253283

If you want a "play" then my longer term play on this longer term macroeconomic data is that I am waiting for unemployment to start moving up since that is the Fed's stated goal. I am looking at investing in rental properties with excess cash that I am currently investing in short dated treasuries. That cash is from a house I sold early this year. So when unemployment moves up I believe it will be a further drag on the housing market.

Stated another way...The "play" is sell real estate in Austin near the top, invest in short dated treasuries, follow the Fed's bluntly stated plan, wait until the economy cracks and then look to buy rental/investment property.

Shorter term (and COMPLETELY UNRELATED to the ISM prices paid data) I tend to think we have put in a bottom until the end of the year. The market has followed seasonality trends very strongly this year. I tend to think we will follow it again and trade higher from here. I will still be looking to sell resistance, but I think the support at 357 on SPY will hold.

adoo, mulletman, CCity Zero and 3 others like this.
  6. Sajan

Sajan Member

Adoo has a major issue with everyone lol.
    Key is to his heart is to phrase everything as a bullish put spread.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Bed Bath and Beyond is the future. So is Kohls and Walgreens. I have seen cows and bulls both in the stores.

Sajan and CCity Zero like this.
  8. adoo

adoo Member

that's what i am looking for, peace

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Buy SQQQ when RED. Beeeeen toldt yall. WINS ERRRTIME. Venmo me $200.

I'm seriously yamn hoooordt errrrday if you don't count my 401k. And also don't count the REFUEL days like yesterday. Lulz.

GOOD LUCK

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He doesn't even try to mask his BS anymore. Just straight up, whatever BS is on the top of his mind when he's taking a **** in the house he swears he doesn't own or live in, lulz. GOOD LUCK @tinman

The EVERYTHING app (okaaaaayyyyyyyy) and a robot they pulled out of a closet from 2005. GOOD LUCK

KingCheetah likes this.
  11. Sajan

Sajan Member

EVERYTHING APP. LMAOOOOOOOOO.

ALSO ROBOT COMING. IN 3-5 YEARS. HE SAID.

CCity Zero and Invisible Fan like this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Seriously though, if you figure out which company is leading the sex robot movement let me know, that's where the REAL money is.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

GameStop?

14. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I'm personally waiting for his Dennis Reynolds style amphibious exploration vehicle that he recently promised.

Ziggy likes this.
  15. Sajan

Sajan Member

I like how was like okeee guys i am buying twitter tonight! sells sh!ton of tsla stocks.
    ok no, not buying. twitter full of bots.
    judge! i dont want to buy no mooo...
    once he realizes judge is not fooled..
    OK I BUY TWITTER NOW BECAUSE IT'S PART OF MY GRAND PLAN..

if it was part of your grand plan, why did you try to back out of it?

Ziggy likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

App is FSD on Mars.

17. Invisible Fan

He's not gonna buy ****.

Unless he can restructure a new financing agreement with crypto bros, private equity bros, and banks(?) like he did in April, then he'll likely pay the painful exit fee while Twitter loses a lot more market cap in its wake.

This seems more like sandbagging and eying some exit strategy than a grand scheme to bring WeChat to the US.

I dunno, court day will be interesting. Maybe this feint will make the lawyers play nicer since he's footing the bill for both sides?

For the Elon fans

Sajan likes this.
  18. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Until the Delaware court officially orders Musk to close, I dont know why we trust anything he says. If I were TWTR, I continue the trial and just get his signature in blood and proof that he has secured the entire financing. There better be 44 billion dollars in a bank account ready to go and a judgment from the court ordering him to buy it before before I'd ever trust that he'd actually close.

TWTR needs to keep the case going until the court orders the sale. TWTR has all the leverage right now. They have discovery and upcoming depositions of Musk and given how impulsively Musk lies and distorts reality, he'll probably fall apart during the deposition and Musk knows that. The leaked texts are probably just a small portion of the evidence from discovery. TWTR needs to keep his feet to the fire and force him to close using all tools necessary. The company has been heavily damaged by Musk's attacks that it probably is worth less than a third of the price that Musk is obligated to pay so TWTR needs him to close at this point.

Sajan and Invisible Fan like this.
  19. Invisible Fan

What are yall's take on this rally? Seems like a sugar high from UK intervention.

The daily is still correlated with tlt getting dumped on and DXY strength.

How bad can Credit Suisse get? It possibly getting bailed out has nothing to do with Powell pivoting.

#19019 Invisible Fan, Oct 6, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Rally? No rally. Just peepee games. GOOD LUCK

Invisible Fan and Sajan like this.