1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I’m more excited for this season than any season since 2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by my time to shine, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

To me it really comes down to two things:

1. Are we still tanking?
    2. Is Silas a good head coach?

I think we have the talent to really do well this year, ala Atlanta, Memphis. Since we are keeping our powder dry, I think we try to win the first part of the year, and if we are doing well, Stone might do something at the deadline. If we are just too young or Silas is not up to the task, then we tank hard.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Ha!

3. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

That's the thing, I don't really see us "tanking" this season (at least by my definition) under any circumstances. I don't think there's anything to gain from it when almost our entire rotation is young guys we're hoping to develop and possibly build around. If we underperform, we're probably going to be bad enough to get a good pick anyway. If we play well, it's just gravy... we'd be ahead of schedule in the development of these kids, and it would be a great confidence booster for their growth.

I'm guessing the "worst case" that you might be thinking of is if we're hovering right around or below 500 most of the year? Or bottom-of-play-in territory? But that's still not a situation we probably mess with.

EDIT: Aaand, let's not forget that even if we don't suck, we're still quite likely to end up with a pretty good pick this year (Brooklyn).

#63 SuperMarioBro, Aug 16, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@KingCheetah
    [ August 11, 2022 ] post #45

Verbal Christ likes this.
  5. JW86

JW86 Member

The reason I haven’t been excited like this since 2008-09 is because:
    1. I like our star players - didn’t care much for Dwight, Martin, Ty, Harden and learned to like CP3 & WB.
    2. it’s obvious we are going to be exciting unlike the fit questions in 2013 and 2017
    3. There’s no pressure
    4. Learning while losing is okay
    5. I love our coaching staff, every single member
    6. Rafael seems to be about creating a family and rewards young guys whereas with Morey it felt any moment a young guy was a piece to be moved
    7. We value defense first and foremost
    8. We have happy and likeable players
    9. We have Green & Jabari
    10. We have Boban

#65 JW86, Oct 5, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    Houston77, Verbal Christ and fryjol7 like this.
  6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

FIFY.

7. conquistador#11

Same here. Maybe another 14 game losing streak will kill the excitement but I eager to see how the youngsters evolve.

VickMackey likes this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Im falling in love with this team and that means i'll deal with some heartbreak as Stone locks in his championship squad. Its going to be fun!