1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Midterms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Jan 8, 2021.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Very little chance of this happening. She'll underperform relative to the statewide Republican slate but she isn't losing. That district is a combination of conservative rural areas (that used to vote for Democrats 15 years ago) and liberal resort areas (that used to vote for Republicans). But the rural areas still outnumber the resort towns and Dems still have plenty of room to fall further in vote share in the rural areas. This is a district that the Dems lost in 2010 and can get to 45% but really struggle to get the last five percent.

Ubiquitin and rocketsjudoka like this.
  3. dc rock

It shouldn’t be close in a “red wave” year. I was just surprised it was somewhat competitive in 2020. You’d think Boebert would act less like a clown in a district that close.

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. dc rock

I doubt there’s ever been another American general election like this one with two women I find physically attractive.

ROCKSS likes this.
  5. geeimsobored

I think at this point we can clearly say that there isn't a red wave. We've known that for a while now. But her district is one of those tricky districts where Democrats can always get close but will struggle to actually win. So the polls always deceive you in a place like that.

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whitmer would be a very interesting 2024 candidate.

dc rock, B-Bob and Xerobull like this.
  7. dc rock

8. dc rock

Another Trump ass-kissing contest primary going well in the general…

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

He’s got my vote in 24

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

That's how you do it.

ROCKSS, deb4rockets and CCorn like this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m friends with his niece. Texted her to tell him to run for pres after I heard that.

jiggyfly and ROCKSS like this.
  12. CCorn

CCorn Member

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One thing is for sure. Republicans are all about power by any means, and they are corrupt to the bone. Vote Democrat people!

Democrat Adrian Fontes in Arizona is running against Republican Mark Finchem. Finchem participated in the insurrection on January 6 and is a member of the white supremacist Oath Keepers. He said the 2020 election was "rigged," a "fraud," and he supported sending fake electors to Washington, D.C., likely in violation of federal law.

Democrat Cisco Aguilar in Nevada is running against Republican Jim Marchant. Marchant openly declares he would not have certified the election results for Joe Biden in 2020. He has further said it is "very possible" that he will submit alternate electors in 2024, if he's elected.

Democrat Bee Nguyen in Georgia is running against Republican Brad Raffensperger. Raffensperger championed one of the most restrictive state voter suppression laws passed by Republicans after losing the 2020 presidential election, blocking drop boxes, restricting early voting, and denying water to voters waiting in line for hours in the heat.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That’s how I feel about Texas. We see Beto getting close but am not counting on him winning.

ROCKSS likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What’s sad is Finchem, Marchant and Raffensperger are all likely going to win.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sad isn't the word that comes to my mind actually. I find it quite disturbing that so many Americans would vote for people who are liars, cheats, and willing to overturn an election for power. I don't want our nation to become a country led like Russia, North Korea, Brazil, Iran, or any other country led by blatant corrupt power mongers.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Thanks for showing this, I had no idea how delusional this maga trumper was, he still makes false claims about election fraud yet cannot prove anything but sure does have some whopper conspiracy theories for EVERYTHING. What a nut job

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Get to know your local crackheads!

#1179 No Worries, Oct 10, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  20. geeimsobored

At least Beto brings some down ballot momentum. A lot of Democratic county judges and commissioners, state legislators and circuit judges got elected because of Beto.

Dems can't win downballot if they aren't trying their best at the top of the ballot. John Tower and George HW Bush lost in Texas before they finally won.

Boebert on the other hand is just a loser that will perpetually underperform in her district because she's a genuinely awful candidate. No different than how Ilhan Omar will forever underperform in Minneapolis. But both of them have the benefit of running in safe districts.

Andre0087 likes this.